Competition Rankings for January

I had one :cool_laugh:

That makes 4,5 total

I had ONE last night! dang im doin good this month.

I personally believe R3tro and Freecube.
Personally i think their LDing has motivated me to have lucid dreams again, and through using their methods I have gone from 1-3 a month to 6. this month has been the best month I have had for as far back as I can remember, lucid dreaming sets a positive attitude for the rest of the day, even though I have a final today in school, the lucid dream has put me in a good mood and I am calm.

Thanks guys.

that brings me up to 6

Thanks for the support guys.

I still will continue to update my current LDs a month in my sig and I will post one LD a day or maybe 2 if I really like 2 of them. And I’ll continue to be here at ld4all

Yes, it would be pathetic if someone needs to leave just because some people don’t believe them. It’s fine for me even if you continue in “competition” rankings. But if you think that you hurt someone’s feelings by doing that, then maybe taking a break from those rankings for awhile makes some people happy :tongue:

Anyway, i have very weird LD tonight, and if it classifies at all, then it’s very low LD (but it was long enought to count in). According to BrainHacker it might be FLD, because i have very strange thoughts in my head in it. But the knowledge that it is LD as long as you KNOW that you are dreaming, then it fits into criteria. I kinda forced myself to become lucid in ND, and i really realized the difference, but my brain was too sleepy i think.

So it makes 4 this month.

I had a very short one. Does it classify as another 1/2 LD? :cool:

There sure is a lot of confusion going round about classifying LDs. Surely everyone needs to decide upon a system so the whole argument can stop? Siiw, as far as I am concerned if you realised you were dreaming then it was a lucid dream, whether it lasted 5 seconds or 45 minutes. Personally, not being a prolific LD (yet!), I am more than pleased with a brief moment of lucidity and no-one is going to tell me that it wasn’t a lucid dream because it didn’t last some required amount.

If that sounds like a contradiction with what I said earlier in my post I mean that there should be rules about dream transitions etc, but not nit-picky rules about whether a LD was a full one, or a half one etc. Surely you were either lucid or not, however much control or vividness you had/didn’t have?

I don’t count an LD if I just get lucid and then wake up. So 5 seconds or longer is usually what I need to count it as an LD. But you are right in that if you get lucid no matter how short it is, it’s an LD. But I think people should count as they feels it’s best and not to follow strict rules. It’s not like it really matter if you win or not, you don’t even get a prize for winning. Well except for the occasional lucid cookie, but that’s a bit pointless to give to a winner since they already have lots of LDs :gni:

Plus uno for me, and I could swear it lasted a long time (a day - though with all the less important bits missed out) but I can only remember around ten seconds. In those ten seconds, I was thinking about how long it had been.

Ive just been introduced to luccid dreaming about 2 weeks ago from waking life. Me and my friend who actually is a new member here to, Iamnotacriminal, are both completely interested in it. We’re open minded, dont assume to know anything, and really just go with the flow of a lot of this “life”. But as far as a dream being luccid or not…up until this past week i really didnt know. But if it is indeed just realizing you are in a dream then i have had a least 2 that i can remember and they were absolutely amazing. At the time though i wasnt aware they were called luccid dreams, i just knew that i had realized i was dreaming, and it was awesome. But i guess thats all ive got to say…so enjoy ur day- Peace

This was a boring LD, because I did nothhing, but stand inn my room trying to increase light levels, and once again there were no DC around for me to talk to. Im so happy with my new found skill, I think Im going to reward myself with some melatonin, and vitamen B6 tomorrow.

One more, and it was a very nice one too :cool: And it was a high level one :grin:

:grin: nice Jarod! keep it going!

I tried the suneye today and got one LD (but i don’t remember much :sad: ) i’ll try it again tonight and see if it’s really working for me :smile:

total = 8

Nice going if you too got it working :cool_laugh:
I’ve notice that I can’t get it working that well in the morning :sad: I just fall asleep or I seem to forget to keep my eyes up. But most likely because I can’t seem to be able to tell very well where I’m looking :bored: It’s easy to feel when I’m awake, but not after I wake up in the morning, guess I have to work on that a bit, and I might start getting several LDs every night :cool_laugh:

I had another one! :cool_laugh: I will post it wfter work. Ther is no time now :cool:

Chalk one up for me…it was short but It was cool!!

Ive only had three this month and they have all been due to drinking alchohol.

p.s. Has anyone listened to their voice in an LD, mine sounded like a chipmunk!

I wasn’t very ative in LD-ing lately, just 2 more, which makes 12. Kind of droughts that just happen i guess.

I would like to point out a possible way we could agree on to count lucids, even for Retro and Freecube. People that are lucid the whole night should stick to counting each REM period as 1 lucid, which would be normal in my opinion (or you count the whole night as 1 lucid, but thats a bit weird if you are gonne compare with others who have 3 short LD’s, it still is a friendly competition). Seeing that we have 1 REM period each sleepcycle and max 6 sleepcycles a night, that would bring 6 lucids or so, not including possible WILD’s during naps. As you can see i left out here the nREM dreams because these fade in and out to REM lucids so easily that counting those as seperate is just kind of silly (since they aren’t seperate, the dream continues after all unbroken).

For people that are not lucid the whole night (and i take it, im talking about everyone now but our 2 newfound LD guru’s (no pun)), we just keep counting as we already did.

17 ld’s

+1=13.

I just had, a cool OOBE which I think can count as a LD. So thats 11 total for me.

I don’t know if this can be acceptable as a lucid: I just kind of realized that i was dreaming, but i was worried that i would wake up, so i stopped “becoming lucid”.

Well, i think it it can be accepted as 0.5 lucid. So 1.5 so far.