One LD last night!!!

2 LDs so far :smile:

Just one.

You still have these contests? :happy:

Lol why would we stop them? :wink:

2 LDs so far.

Just the one for me so far :wink:.

No LD-s whatsoever for half month already :cry:

Only some moments when i think about dreaming, or LD in some half-dream, or become aware of dream while staring at my modem in some dizzy ND just to black-out while trying to create some visuals :neutral:

Anyway, i KNOW that i will get one soon…

Would it be possible to post not only the top scores for each month, but also the average scores for each month?

That might give everybody a more realistic idea of where the really stand in their current progress (even though the contestants’ average can still be expected to be somewhat higher than that of typical forum participants).

2 more :grin: , although I remember very little:( (sleeping problems again :sad: )

total = 4 LDs

Bernardo Verda, I’m not exactly sure what you mean :eh:

(I’m posting under a new ID, because I made the mistake of revising my profile to change my email to a non-valid address. Of course the BB software immediately locked down the account, and fired off a new account-activation email to “spamlessatnospamdotcom”. :-/ ).

What I was getting at is simply that, as posted, this competition tells everyone what the really amazingly expert LD-ers can manage, but not what might be a more typical, realistically attainable performance level for more “ordinary” LD-ers. This could easily be a little discouraging, especially to those of us who are struggling to master LD skills to some sort of consistent performance level.

So I was suggesting that – along with the winners’ names and scores, that the average score of all the contestants be posted as well (perhaps in a second column, beside the winning scores).

For example;

Jan '05 - John Smith 18, (all-contestants avg 3.2 )
Jan '05 - Jane Doe 48, … (all-contestants avg 4.1 )

would indicate that while John Smith won the January contest by having (or at least reporting :wink: ) 18 LDs, the average score of all who entered the contest was quite a bit lower – there must have been a fair number of people who only had 1 or 2 LDs that month. The winning score for Febuary is higher, but the average would appear to indicate (in this example) to be mainly due to the fact that Jane Doe is a phenomenal performer.

In fact, it would be pretty neat to show not only the monthly mean (“mathematical” average ie. total scores divided by number of contestants), but also the median (score that has 1/2 of contestants scoring higher than, 1/2 of them lower than) and the mode ( the commonest score of the contestants).

Now that I think of it, maybe, to encourage broader participation of those attending the LD4all forum, this could be done as a seperate “LD Frequency Survey” thread instead of just a competition. But even if all that is too much work, just recording the mean average as well as the top score in the contest thread would be easy enough, and could be pretty interesting.

Had 2 short LDs this morning :smile:

I suppose it could be done, but since there can be lots of people one month and quite few the next. It might not always be that helpful to post the average :neutral: it might be better if people go and look at the previous competitions themselves.
What does everyone else think?? Please post your comments when you update your LD number :content:

I had a LD two nights ago. :smile:

I had one!! :cool_laugh:

:smile: struggling with insomnia again, but i don’t care since when I finally fell asleep i had a very vivid LD :happy:
total = 5 LDs.

you still havnt included mine :sad:

Yes I have BenDrummin58 :smile:

I had another short LD, where I think I lost lucidity :eh: Well atleast I don’t wake up :tongue:

I had an LD last night - in fact, it was quite possilby my best LD ever… :cool:

I’ve had 10 this far… all after heavy drinking (alcohol) btw.