The list of WILD sounds

In mine, someone was playing the organ really well. I wanted to hear some Russian folk tunes, but the player didn’t take my request :sad:

I sometimes get a camera flash sound with matching light. Also, I’ve heard a sound similar to bells.

I was able to hear a lot of people talking last night, as if I was in a really busy restaurant.

Had my first weird sound in months the other night. It sounded exactly like someone repeatedly bouncing a basketball on the floor in my room. It became rather annoying after a minute or two…

I usually hear some strange rumbling, very much like when a plane flies somewhere near your house. Sometimes I mix these sounds up, but I find it unlikely for a plane to fly in the exactly same position for many minutes. :tongue:

i heard racing cars last time i heard annything unusual trying to WILD

I very rarely succeed in WILD but on the few occasions i do i generally hear a voice constantly repeating my name over and over again.

i hear what seems to be a huge subwoofer right next to my ear, and a girl saying something to me

I often hear these demonic whispers echoing in the room, usually it’s just one letter repeated over and over again (e.g. “q…q…q…q”)

I tried to WILD earlier in a nap, but I got close then woke up :sad:
I heard a lot of talking…except I didn’t understand any of it, even when I would talk back. It sounds like english, but very few words are actualy real. I also hear my own breathing, but its louder and sounds like some else is breathing in my ear. Every now and then I heard some one calling my name.

I heard birdsong pretty recently during a WILD attempt.

when i WILDed last night, i heard a door close, some music with i cant really describe (it was AMAZING :grin:
and someone shout something
mind, my window was open so it could’ve been external
but it sounded so vivid
and also, it was 12 at night, and i live in a nice neighbourhood :tongue:, so…

one of myfavourite sounds in the world :smile:
listening to people mumbling in a busy restaurant, i usually cant make out anythign specific, but its like hearing a buzz :tongue:
i find it fascinating to listen to for some odd reason lol

Last night i attempted to WILD and i got some HH for the first time! At first i thought it was my imagination , but i heard some very clear tasty guitar licks. :razz: It was probably because i had just jammed with my band a few hours before, but it was as if the amps were right next to my ear.

When I attemp WILD I always someone running next to my bed with flip-flops on the feet. I get used to it but the first time it really freaked me out!
One time I heard a train rushing through my room, not that loud but good to hear…

i use reverse blinking wen using wild. my body vibrates and i hear my mum talking or popping noises. can i use wild any time i want?

It would be good if your doing it with WBTB. But since you’re doing WBTB when you posted this then you are doing it at the right time.

I often hear people shouting and animals making noices. I wish that it would be ocean waves instead :content:

I never succeeded WILDing and I did not try it often, but I know these Hypnagogic Sounds anyway, you don’t have to (intentionally) WILD to get them… for me I know this two types of sounds, I read about both types from some of you in this thread, but I would like to categorize them, because they “behave” differently:

1. sudden sounds
  2. ongoing sounds

The first, sudden sounds, is the usual bang, crash or shout which suddenly occurs after a longer quiet period or after a longer period of the second kind, the ongoing sounds. This will wake me up at once, because I would be shocked and/or think it was for real. There’s no use in telling myself it is not real and to calm down, because it happens extremly quickly, half a second or less.
What is interesting, that sometimes this is accompanied with physical sensations, e.g. one time I heard a ball bouncing and I also felt the ball hitting me. Result was the same, I woke up, and was quite annoyed because it’s so stupid to think a ball had hit me in my bed…

The other one is the ongoing sound, it’s that mubling, whistling, hissing or music, also a lot of people here wrote about that. If it’s music it’s usually more like diddly-diddly-doo elevator-music, sometimes it’s orchestral music, rarely or other types of music. But the point is, as soon as I realize the music or mumbling or whatever and I, e.g., get to think “hey, listen to that sound/music” or something like that, it’s gone and I’m more awake again. That’s one of my two problems with WILD (the other one is getting the urge to move sometimes) and I don’t really know what to do against it, because the thing I have to do is NOT to concentrate on whatever sound I hear but let it be going in the background, but if I think “oh, these sounds again, I must not concentrate on it” or something like that, it’s already too late, because that’s concentrating on it already. Perhaps can somebody give me some tips for that?

Why not try counting in your head to distract you from what you’re hearing? :smile: