Do you think that the internet and forums become addictive?

Oh, that’s that’s why I’m impotent lol: I’ve been on this forum a lot lately. I spent hours yesterday reading through posts. I’m awful at managing my time as well. I need someone to kick me and tell me to get off lol.

Forums are for people who can type. :neutral:

what do you mean by that sage?

Exactly what I said. Nothing more, nothing less. :wink:

Ok. I was reading something more into it. Perhaps that I can’t type well, since it came after my post :eh:

Forums are for people who can type, regardless of their degree of proficiency in said skill. :neutral:

How’s that? :smile:

lol: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make it a big issue sage. I just tend to see things(in this case read things) the wrong way. I’m paranoid i guess. :beer:

I had just typed in a post for this section and it was brilliant and then I hit the wrong key and lost it (the post) . Right give me a second while I count upto 10…
Right I’m ready again. :neutral:
I’m going to try and remember what I typed now bearing in mind it’s now nearly midnight-just half an hour to go.
:wiske: I was near the public library this morning and I just had to go in and peek at what was going on in this forum, I just couldn’t resist it. So it must be terribly tempting to keep peeking when you are only a click away!
Last night I must have set a record, I logged off ready to leave and just noticed one of the top 3 items and just had to take a peek. Then I had to log on again just to make a comment. Is that a record do you think?
Then I made about 4 funny, ironic comments about the evils of our addiction. Just imagine your own (that will save me some time)… I bet they were funnier than my originals! Now I’ll imagine your comments… :cool_laugh::cool_laugh: :cool_laugh::tongue:
That was less effort and a lot funnier than my last post(fate must have made me hit the key)
Then I said … But seriously this particular forum is the best one to get addicted to. We are all disembodied minds freed from some things

(I had to redial and logon)
that might stop us from being our true selves in normal life. We are all different and have diverse opinions, but underneath we all seem to be on a similar wavelength. Maybe due to the fact that we all have an interest
in lucid dreaming. :wiske:
If we occasionally spend a bit too much time in the forum at least we are learning from each other while sharing views, laughs and the odd spark when opposite opinions meet occasionally. Also if we are lucky like someone who likes animae (prob wrong spelling) and has wilds we can make up for any lost time in our dreams.
:eek: Tell me if I sound like I’m writing essays for O level English. Dont worry if you don’t know what that is . Even the english members will probably be wondering what’s that?

Well, I don’t know. I like anime and have occasional random, involuntary WILDs. :content: But what does that have to do with making up for lost time? @_@;

As for the internet and forums… like I said, your time is your own. Don’t blame something else if you can’t manage your own time. ^^ I, for one, know that I’m completely to blame for my utter lack of time management skills, not the internet. If the internet weren’t here I’d probably still be doing something different than what I’m supposed to do (like playing games, reading, drawing, writing… anything that doesn’t involve homework!)

And yes, this seems to be a great forum even though I’ve only been here a short while. Everyone’s so friendly, even to newbies! :slight_smile: I think it’s because the topics are very spiritual, and most people that are interested in them are openminded by nature. :3 I keep coming back here, heh. So far it’s already helped me a great deal ^^

The problem, mostly, is the diversion, not what the diversion specifically is…I mean, like Ashvura said, if it wasn’t the internet, it’d be something else, and this is a lot more entertaining and informative.

Yup…as for internet addiction, it has very few side effects that can damage your health. Damaging your home-life may be an entirely different thing. As long as you don’t spend that much time online that you grow a beard between meals or leave your pets or kids without the attention they deserve then there is no real harm done. Just stay away from any gambling, online shopping and pr0nography.

Use it as a learning tool. Not a diversion.

Besides…there are online help groups for internet addiction. How ironic!

I’m new to the internet and tried to think of a title that would draw members in just to talk about This forum and the internet in general…
Ashvura I hope you didn’t read anything into my statement that wasn’t there–I meant for you to know that I had spotted you around the forum a few times and remembered a little of what I had read.
Personally I have felt myself “growing” while using this forum. I normally feel like I can’t speak when there are more than 3 or so people around. Even then in a small group I find it quite difficult. I’ve noticed a little of this “creeping out” and I’m getting a little more confidence in normal life.

Oooh! Now I get it. Wow! Someone already remembers me :eek: Heh :content:

Anyway… I find myself wanting to turn on the computer and check these forums as soon as I wake up, and maybe even post whatever happened that night… XD

:smile: :smile:
We forget that people may read things into your words that aren’t there due to cultural differences or members having to use a second language where misunderstandings occur.
I saw the post that said you were a natural wild I was really impresses. But the odd time I’ve been on the same thread as you, you always seemed to be first—so I got to see your posts quite easily. your choice of avator also jumps out at me so we’ll probably keep on meeting up.
It’s a really good forum isn’t it?

I was pretty impressed and surprised myself. :happy: I had no clue… and even so, I’ve never really gotten a full LD yet, because I didn’t know what a WILD was back then… @_@;

Heeh, yes, I probably post a lot… but it’s all so interesting! I can’t stop talking. :grin:

It’s great. :slight_smile: Everybody’s really friendly and helpful, and I’ve already learned so much. :content:

In short… Yes, the internet, forums, webdesign, HTML, etc. are addictive. :grin:

I agree with that and can you beleive pasQuale is now thinking about how he can actually improve the site! :smile:
He said he would ;ike our ideas. I think this thread may end up as pasQuale’s “fan club”. :tongue:

ha! i believe we are even now… (see your eternally resqued thread in the testing area)

:lol: :wiske: ← hint