the BIG Fav thing to do in a LD - Part II

Ehm. A little morbid, but that’s alright… :neutral:

/ds

Same with me :cry:! Sometimes I can fly really well and others I can barely get off the ground.

Oh how nice… I didn’t reply to part one because it is one of my principles to read all posts before replying. So basically I did something else instead of reading for an hour.

But now that it is all of manageable proportions.

Things I’d like to do in my LDs that I haven’t done yet.

1- Destroy Blue once and for all (Blue is my nemesis who seems to pop out and give me a workover every time I get ‘deeper’ into my dream world.)

2- Enter my subconscious and modify myself, at the risk of severly fucking me up, I know.

3- Destroy the wall between conscious and unconscious, giving me full control of myself and my life.

4- Create a world I will automatically return to every night and resume where I left off. This is my ultimate ‘entertainment goal’ where dreaming will give me the fantasy life I never had.

I can’t think up anything less advanced that I haven’t done. None of the examples seen so far have covered it.

Ureon, you have mentioned some great ideas.

Ehh you sure you wanna try that? And in what way are you going to try changing yourself?

If you can successfully access the functions of your mind it would be like having the source code for a computer program.

You can remove phobias e.t.c., you can dictate how your physique will evolve and (I believe) even halt the ageing process. This is well worth the risk. I know you are surprised that a skeptic like myself would believe this but I have witnessed things that show it might be possible.

The problem is that however much you know C++, the programming language of a human brain is impossible to learn before you’re in there trying to modify it.

I have given myself false memories, and if I did manage to access my long term memory (as opposed to just remembering the dream as is) then I might get to other parts as well.

Well Ureon while dreaming our memory fuel acetylcholine is a 100 times more active then normal so indeed u could make new imprints or remove old ones…although i wonder if that would be with a 100% effectiveness always.

Greetz,
Jeff

Hmm, I’m sure a lot of people would want to modify themselves… let’s hope no one goes overboard with it though, lest we create some kind of race of super-humans who can control their physical appearance, knowledge, phobias… :eh:

Well, it might happen… :wink:

/ds

Oh, to be able to modify my physical appearance… :neutral:
Phobias? That’d be pretty neat…

But I’ve just thought of something - if shared dreaming is real…
Takes knowledge from government officials concerning secret documents
Modifies teachers to have a fear of school
Modifies enemies to look like frogs
Erases friends’ knowledge of my embarassing moment yesterday
Oh, the power a lucid-dreamer would wield! Just don’t mess up the coding on accident… :tongue:

I remember, my second lucid moment, well… I knew I was dreaming, but I didn’t really take it as a “big deal” at the time…untill I woke up :content:
I put my hand up to a mirror in my room that wasn’t there in real life, like… I wasn’t trying to push through, but… just see what happened for some reason that’s beyond my normal life thinking.
My hands pulsated with this electric type energy that flowed into the mirror and out again into my fingers, making a little round blueish glow on the reflection of the tips of my fingers… it was pretty interesting, because I was thinking holy crap this is intense, i can actually “feel” this paranormal energy, creating it!!
then… I walked to my window and saw that it was pissing down with rain, people were outside trying to play soccer in this yard so alien to my own it’s not funny, but i just let it pass… I looked to the sky, concentrated on dem clouds and waved my arms to the side, ha… the clouds scrolled like curtains to the side, and let the bright blue/red sky shine a reddish-blue hue over the whole backyard, totally amazing.

I’ve never actually flew before, apart from 1 time… but uh… :slight_smile:

anya’ways, other than flying, there’s so much to do in a “world” where you have absolute controll and stuff… that a list is really unnessesary… i mean, do what ever you can imagine.

I dont think I would want to change my genetic code <( " )>
'don’t mind looking/thinking/acting the way I do… any psychological changes I would experience would be linked to some sort of mild skitzo-cased dillemma i had a few months ago, :help: tsk tsk…and would probably bring the thing back out again…but I wouldn’t mind going deep inside myself, and finding out who that person/thing… really was…and beat the dreamlights out of it :eek:

A few fun things that just popped into my head:

Fly outside the earth so that you’re underneath it. Then, like Atlas of Greek mythology, lift it up and carry it someplace, or maybe shrink it down and go bowling :grin:

Also, I have a lot of non-lucid dreams that really fascinated me. I’d like to recreate them and try and make some sense of what was going on.

Hehehe yourgod lol thats funny…may i use the other planets also for bowling…wow the sun is then a pre heated bowlingball that shines at its own track…must remember to wear fusion proof gloves lol! :tongue:

Jeff

Sure, go nuts. Just be careful around Uranus. :roll:

I like to try to revisit dream scenes that have appeared in non-lucid dreams.

I’ve always had this recurring dream about a wet-weather creek that runs alongside my family’s farm, but in my non-lucid dreams, it’s a wide river that leads to fantastic places.

Recently in an LD I was able to completely re-create my dream scene to the farm and that river, but I didn’t stay asleep long enough to travel on the river.

Hope to get back there soon!

Ureon you mentioned creating a fantasy life by saving the state of your dreamscape each night. I have often times wanted to do this. I can’t remember where I read this but I read about some guy who has been LDing like 15 years and he claims he has constructed his own planet in his dreams. He says there are people on his planet that worship him as a god and they have their own culture and stuff like that. This makes me look forward to becomming a better LDer.

I hear you Koryo.

LDs have been a lot of fun, but to me they’re still chaotic. For it all to work you probably need to do it in deeper sleep lest your vision constantly be compromised.

Did someone mention sex? Yes, I’d like that probably (seems to happen almost unvoluntarily doesn’t it) perhaps even with some bdsm :smile: and a dominatrix. What about pain in LD’s … I wonder…

If dream sharing actually worked - I’d like to share a dream with my dog. My dog sometimes has some bad dreams - memories of when he was almost killed as a puppy by his original owner (a kid). I would help him overcome the bad guys in the dream.

I’d like to see a fanfic crossover, some tv shows ‘live’, perhaps even some anime.
I’d like to meet Chloe from Smallville - perhaps tell her I’m Clark! I’d love to see this DC’s reaction…

I have not succeeded in having a full LD yet except I’ve had a couple of near-LD’s… This site was the first I looked at and I read a couple of pasQuale’s ideas for lucid dreaming. I told them to my friends…

When I read them I think flying was the coolest and didn’t take much though to the others. When I told them all to one of my mates he said “Whoah dude, why fly!? I’d transform every night! That wold be the coolest one!” and I asked him why and he gave me an amazing list of things to transform into and I added some and we came up with so many ideas!!! I definatly want to try it! Unlike my friend who wants to become either a woman or a tank I’d quite like changing my size (gaint or ant-sized) and things like that. They’d all be interesting…so my question is…is it really possible? A mate of mine says he can do it and he either has lesbian sex as a woman or he becomes the terminator from T-2, the one that can morph, and he goes round killing dream people! I want to transform more than anything, even flying! Turning invisible and playing tircks on people sounds good too… So is transformation possible!?

AND…your brain still sends messages to your limbs and muscles except they are switched off…well what about if your a dragon, and you have a tail? Does the brain send any messages for the tail? Weird…

Yes, Pedro, everything you mentioned (and more!) is possible in an LD. The only limitation is your own mind. You can swim through the sea like a fish, or become a bird and soar, or have Neo-powers from The Matrix. Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing of your adventures. :happy:

Yeah! And i have a kick-ass imagination, if I could LD I would have the coolest adventures ever! But still no luck yet :sad: oh well.

I’d still like to know what messages the brain sends, and where, when you transform to something that has an extra limb like a tail…

I find the whole “editing the sub-conscious” very interesting but quite scary at the same time! When in a dreaming state, lucid or not, I believe you might not have FULL control so what if you edited things you didn’t want editing!? I don’t really think there can be much control in editing the physical body but I guess it must be possible to edit in some way. At least adding false memories and things… Wonder if you can really delete fears and things…it is an interesting topic.

Maybe there’s some kind of universal unconscious. If this were the case, the brain could access the life of absolutely anything. What I want to know is… how does the brain know what it feels like to fly? It feels very different from free fall.