the BIG Fav thing to do in a LD - Part II

I have not succeeded in having a full LD yet except I’ve had a couple of near-LD’s… This site was the first I looked at and I read a couple of pasQuale’s ideas for lucid dreaming. I told them to my friends…

When I read them I think flying was the coolest and didn’t take much though to the others. When I told them all to one of my mates he said “Whoah dude, why fly!? I’d transform every night! That wold be the coolest one!” and I asked him why and he gave me an amazing list of things to transform into and I added some and we came up with so many ideas!!! I definatly want to try it! Unlike my friend who wants to become either a woman or a tank I’d quite like changing my size (gaint or ant-sized) and things like that. They’d all be interesting…so my question is…is it really possible? A mate of mine says he can do it and he either has lesbian sex as a woman or he becomes the terminator from T-2, the one that can morph, and he goes round killing dream people! I want to transform more than anything, even flying! Turning invisible and playing tircks on people sounds good too… So is transformation possible!?

AND…your brain still sends messages to your limbs and muscles except they are switched off…well what about if your a dragon, and you have a tail? Does the brain send any messages for the tail? Weird…

Yes, Pedro, everything you mentioned (and more!) is possible in an LD. The only limitation is your own mind. You can swim through the sea like a fish, or become a bird and soar, or have Neo-powers from The Matrix. Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing of your adventures. :happy:

Yeah! And i have a kick-ass imagination, if I could LD I would have the coolest adventures ever! But still no luck yet :sad: oh well.

I’d still like to know what messages the brain sends, and where, when you transform to something that has an extra limb like a tail…

I find the whole “editing the sub-conscious” very interesting but quite scary at the same time! When in a dreaming state, lucid or not, I believe you might not have FULL control so what if you edited things you didn’t want editing!? I don’t really think there can be much control in editing the physical body but I guess it must be possible to edit in some way. At least adding false memories and things… Wonder if you can really delete fears and things…it is an interesting topic.

Maybe there’s some kind of universal unconscious. If this were the case, the brain could access the life of absolutely anything. What I want to know is… how does the brain know what it feels like to fly? It feels very different from free fall.

Good question actually…surely the the brain doesn’t know flying purely by our imagination. And, from the people I’ve talked to, everyone has almost the exact same experience when they fly so the brain has some kind of…experience or something… I don’t believe the whole feeling of flying comes from the imagination alone. Dreams are very strange things aren’t they?

In what way is flying different to falling, other than the fact that you’re going sideways instead of down?

I have no doubts that the mind is capable of simulating the various sensations involved in almost any activity. You’ve never felt wind against your face? Never had that strange feeling in your stomach when your car goes over a hill, or when you’re riding a roller coaster?

What more is there to flying?

I guess you’re right, Atheist. The flying sensation is probably a combination of various other sensations. It’s just that I’ve never exactly felt it IRL. :bored:

Here are some of the things I like to do when I’m lucid:

1.Fly (that’s always the first thing I think of)
2.Explore the sea (since I’m too afraid to go scuba-diving in RL… It’s about as good as flying)
3.Go shopping (Now I can buy all the clothes that I wanna have and are too expencive for me in RL :content: )
4.Play a hairdresser (Just stand in front of the mirror and try different hair styles on yourself, any hair lenght, any color… childish maybe, but I love it :content: )
5.Go through the mirror (That’s really interesting cause you never know where you’ll end up)
6.Travel trough time (That I do rarely, but it’s really interesting)
7.Find the person you’re in love with (And then you know… :wink: )
8.Be naughty (No limits in LDs. :wink: )
9.Show off (“Hey look what I can do! I can fly! I can even walk through walls…” :razz: )
10.Do some sports (Trust me, sports can be very different and better in LDs. Try skiing for example, I could never ski like that in RL)

Ok these are just a few things that i thought of at the moment and that I normally do when I’m lucid. When I think of anything else I’ll let you know. I also wanna try new things beside these that I’ve already done. I hope I get some good ideas from your posts.

these are some great ideas that id love to try once i can become lucid :sad:
anyone ever experienced being in a movie
ive had normal dreams similar to terminator 2 where i am getting chased by the terminator it was scary but great fun being chased at the same time

My list of things to do are this:

1. FLy
  2. Transform
  3. Go thorugh walls
  4. Play with my dream workshop
  5. Practice or perform things for waking life
  6. Try to edit my mind

OK, heres my list. . .
by the way, i dont see what the AMAZING fascination with flying is, but maybe ill find out when i do it :wink: .

1. [i think this is on most of our minds] have sex with whomever i desire :grin:
  2. perform, practice or study for events or exams in the waking life [maybe i could go back in time and ask hitler about his life for a history exam :gni: ]
  3. increse my confidence, and practice for stage performances. . .
  4. enrich my waking and dreaming lifestyle.
  5. impress the people in my dreams with magic etc. that sounds like ALLOT of fun.

Thats all i can think of at the moment but im sure i theres allot more i know of that id like to do. . .

Thanks

something else for the list - use telephone, does it work?, who answers?

the telephone is a good idea, i never thought of that…

Well your imagination is the limit. Go wherever. Or even Whenever. Go to castles in the sky, find true love, be at one with the earth. Race the Chariots of the gods. Go to the edge of time and find the forests avalon. Anything is possible. espeacilly in your dreams.

We know that we can do anything, it’s just sometimes hard to think of something really cool :cool:

I read somewhere about a good idea: create a DC that acts exactly like you (clone yourself) or just talk with your reflection in mirror…

or just visit some places from movies & books: i want to visit Rivendell, for example…

Your avatar gave me a great idea, I would play LOOM in my dreams! :grin:

hi,
what IS loom anyways?
:eh:

i like to

1. smoke ganja , – i think i actualy Feel high in the dream too !

2. search for God, – for some reason, i can never find him… :eh: … has anyone here found God in LD ?? and maybe also had a chat witt him?

3. try to find my brejrin (who i know IRL)…, inside the LD, and try to wake him up, and see if he gets lucid too, – i tried this only once and as soon as i shook him to wake him up, everything flashed white, and the scene went blank,. and then i re-entered the dream not lucid,… the funny thing is, the next day he told me that he woke up at 5:00 juss like that without an alarm, and 5:00 is around the time that i was having the LD

4. flying, – obviously…

and a few other things too,

--those are in no specific order

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOOM

I cant seem to LD on command…or even remember too much of my ld’s (lately iv started to remember a bit more of my normal dreams, though its usualy only a few of the days of the week that i remember my dreams vividly). BUT, lol , here’s my list

1. Jam with Jimi Hendrix

2. Talk to john lennon

3. see the future

4. fly :smile:

cant think of too much right now :confused:

:peek:

I usually just look at my reflection, love to fly, love to go through window. Interacting with other dream characters is fun.

I also like to change things, my appearance. I sometimes just look at the sky and make it cloudy or sunny it is quite fun.