My frustration with WILD

Alright, so I’ve been practicing WILD for a month now, ever since i came upon this website, and I just can’t seem to pass a very important step.

So I relax my entire body, and just focus on one thing, whether its my breathing, music, ect… Everything goes fine until I realize that Only my hands are numb. The rest of my body still has feeling. I try to imagine them tingle and become heavy, but it’s no use. And without my body starting SP I can’t have a WILD. Or don’t think I can for the most part. I’ll lay in bed for hours without movement but it doesn’t seem to help any .

If anybody could give me some advice or answers to why this is happening, it would be most helpful.

Whoever told you that? Almost all WILD’s I have don’t start OR end with SP…! :wink:

Anyway, you might wanna try with WBTB. That’s how I WILD, and I know that’s what’s recommended for new WILD’ers.

Maybe you’re too focused also, especially if you’re focusing on music. Remember, WILD’ing requires that you fall asleep. You have to find the perfect balance of awareness and falling asleep.

Of course, if even with WBTB and less/more focus, you don’t succeed, you could always try another technique…

I agree with MMN, he said it all :smile:

SP is not a necessary step of WILD, some go through it, some don’t. And yes, you probably focus on staying conscious too much and on falling asleep not enough… WBTB might be a good technique for you.

Good luck ! :content:

Ahh I see, I’ll start to let go a little bit instead of putting so much work into such a simple task. Thanks for your replies :content: