WBTB time

Hi, I’ve been having major troubles with WBTB lately, I’m trying to find a good time to wake up in order to go back to bed effectively. Usually what happens is that when my alarm goes off for WBTB I end up not being able to fall asleep, despite feeling extreme fatigue and being rather relaxed, and not moving very much. :eek: Any help and suggestions would be great, thanks!

Usually WBTB is best after 4 or 5 sleep cycles ( a sleep cycle is 1 hour 1/2 ). I, personnaly do it after 3 cycles ( about 4 hours 1/2 ), so I am still tired.

If you really have trouble falling back asleep, maybe wake up after only 3 hours of sleep… That should do it. :content:

hmm, I’ve tried it after 5-7 hours of sleep so far.

If I stay up for a long period of time (i.e. thirty minutes or more), I have trouble getting back to sleep. WBTB is thus difficult for me, at least the way most people do it. I find it better to wake up for a brief period of time.

I usually go to bed at 10:30 or 11:00 and set my alarm for 2:30 or 3:00. I stay up for about fifteen miniutes, either reading and/or thinking about LD’ing, or use a dream enhancing substance or food. If you have trouble getting back to sleep, reading is a good activity, seeing as it makes you tired. As for lucid foods, try dairy or a banana, becuase they have tryptophan, which makes you tired.

I’ll try wakin up at 3 and let you guys know what happens, thanks!

When I first tried WBTB I woke up at 6:00 am, but couldn’t get back to sleep.:grrr: So I moved it back to 3:00 am.

Later I found I was too tired at 3:00, so currently I wake up at 5:00am. :smile:

I think its good to try different times and find out what works best for you.

When I try WBTB, I never get out of bed except to check the time. If I stay up for an hour (like it is recommended somewhere), it’s harder for me to fall back asleep.

Like MMN said, I also feel that one hour is just too long. I think that 15 minutes is fine, probably less would work too, plus I usually get around eight hours sleep beforehand, but thats just me. You should experiment and find what works for you :smile: