Levels of control.

Does anyone else find that it can be quite hard to control your actions in LDs?

The other night, I had my sixth spontaneous LD.

The dream:

I am sitting at my dining room table with Nick, at a bright hour of morning (most likely around 11:00 AM). He is wearing brown shorts and a black band shirt. We are discussing/laughing about something. I suddenly feel as though I am dreaming, and I tell Nick this. He starts laughing, but he believes me. And I become fully aware that I am dreaming. Nick is gone, and I am still in my dining room. I stand silently. The room “feels” empty, and it is. I notice that my mother’s bedroom door is shut. I think to myself, “Since I am dreaming, I can do whatever I want.” I demand that I am shown my spirit guide (this is something I am very eager to experience), yet nothing happens. I scream aloud that I wish to see him/her, but my attempt fails. I then try a bit of magick, but nothing happens. While I am trying to do all of this, I am screaming very much. I knock on my mother’s door. She is apparently inside her room. I begin to worry that I am not dreaming and that I had just caused all of this noise while my mother was sleeping… The dream fades.

The strange thing about this is that I didn’t exactly want to be screaming/acting like an idiot, yet I was aware that I was dreaming and that I was in control. Is this common?

Yep, it’s all in your mind! I’ll let others explain. But at the moment I’m doing some Homework.

I’ve been having trouble summoning a spirit guide too. I wonder if anyone can shed some insight on why they don’t appear when asked. Are we not at a certain spiritual level yet or what?

Hmm, or perhaps you shouldn’t demand that you want to see your spirit guide, and ask nicely. :razz: As for having trouble controlling actions in lucid dreams in general, I once had difficulty shouting out commands in the first place - it’s an odd feeling, being unable to talk when you want to.

I often have difficulty controlling my imagination in dreams, if its a LD then I have to devote half of my concentration to remembering its a dream and the other half trying to achieve something and keep my mind in control. Usually what happens though is my mind runs wild and I start seeing everything that enters my mind (for better or worse). Its a tricky task though, no doubt about it.

I think this is a very common problem, I’m sure almost everyone has experienced a lack of control in their dreams. I know I have, more than once, and I’m still struggling with it. Only thing I can say is, it does become easier with time and experience. You find your own little tricks to make things work.

I spent a lot of time screaming and shouting at lights that would never go on, until in one LD I just calmly focused and concentrated hard on the lights, and told them as calmly and as “reasonably” as I could “lights - on” and voila, they went on! No need to yell. :smile:

i think you shouldn’t want it to do something, you should allow it to

or something:P

well, don’t act like you want someone to do something

and just look for your spirit guide, that might be easier

ok, i used to ALWAYS have this problem in dreams, i used to do stuff and then be really worried that it is not a dream and freak out and lose my lucidity, i got over it by, everytime i had the slightest doubt in my mind i did a quick RC just to remind myself its my dream and i can do whatever I want.

ok when u want something to happed i.e. such as summoning a spirit guide or turning the lights on, don’t want it to happen, don’t yell at it to happen, dont even will it to happen. KNOW it will happen, when u say “lights on” u automatically know the lights are going to be on with not thinking about it.

you could try using a pill