An Unexpected LD!

After many months of on-again/off-again attempts to get a ludic dream, I finally for one last night. It’s been months since I had an LD, so this one definately came as a surprise.

After a night of partying with friends, I hit the hay around 4am (my usual time) with no techniques. In fact, the only time I even thought about LDs that day was when my friend mentioned subliminal messages, and it was only a brief thought.

I woke up around 10-11am from my cat meowing at the door. Since he became more of an indoor cat, he likes to wake me up around that time which causes me to either let him out or play the WBTB game with him. Anyway, this morning, I woke up and went downstairs to see if he wanted out. Of course, he didn’t so I decided to sleep on the couch, which seems to prevent him from meowing me awake every 15 minutes.

About 30 or so minutes before I woke up, my dream had taken me onto a dark, spiraling freeway. The dream had something to do with question whether or not I was a puppet. Suddenly, I was inside my house and at that point I realized that I was dreaming. :cool_laugh:

My parents, my sister and her boyfriend were all seated at our dining room table. I quickly tried to do the one thing that I always seem to do when I’m in an LD… I informed them all that I was dreaming. In previous LDs, whenever I told my family that I was in a dream, they would always try to dissuade me otherwise. I can’t recall their response, but I decided (for whatever reason), that it was time to wake up. So I told my dream family that I would wake up just then. And nothing happened. So I told them that I would count to 3, and would wake up. They all watched me as I counted, “One… Two… Three… WAKE UP!!” I was still stuck in the dream and at this point they all started laughing at me.

I figured that a sure fire way to wake myself up would be to go exactly to the place that I knew I was asleep at. So, I left the dining room and walked directly to the couch where I was sleeping in reality. I even tried lying down, thinking that if my physical and mental bodies were at the exact same location, I would awaken. Of course, this did not work either. :tongue:

So after realizing that I was essentially trapped in the LD, I decided to test something out. I told myself that I would create someone for purposes of “having fun.” Surely enough, it did work and the person I wanted appeared on the couch where I was sleeping. Things got interesting, but not too interesting since I knew that I was still asleep and you can get the picture. :wink:

I left the room and went back to the dining room where everyone still was. This time, though, there was a dream character who was drawing a picture of a television set directly on the wall. I thought to myself that there’s no reason to get mad since it is only a dream.

Shortly after this, I finally woke up and felt extremely weird. The entire experience was fun, but also a bit unnerving with how I felt like I was literally split into two halves, while remaining in the same location. Weird stuff, but I definately got lucky with this unexpected LD. In fact, I think this was one of my deepest and most lucid dreams that I could recall!