HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
the BIG Fav thing to do in a LD - Part II
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »the Quest for LucidityGoto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
luvr
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: the BIG Fav thing to do in a LD - Part II Reply with quote

<MOD>
This is Part 2 of the "BIG Favorite thing to do in a LD" topic.
Part 1 can be found here: Part I
</MOD>

ok ok i got some...(probably already posted but these interest me and i'll probably forget to add some)

1. fly
2. meet spirit guide
3. be an animal
4. get myself a nice nice nice car
5. try to see my deceased cat again (just thought of that, dont know why, maybe i miss him a lot)
6. be a great snowboarder
7. walk through a mirror
8. (taken from above) ask my subconsious from favors
9. think of more to do

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of this stuff is easier said than done. It's kind of hard to explain unless you have already had a LD. You might have a huge list of things you want to do, but you might only remember 1 or 2 when it comes lucid dream time. Maybe this is just me talking, but I never think of all the cool things I would want to do when the time comes. Maybe practice will change this.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here. thanks for the negativity.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, no problem! Well my advice is before you go to sleep that night think to yourself, "What is the one thing you would want to do if you have a lucid dream tonight?" After deciding on it (ie the setting, people there, etc.) visualize it in your head. Then you should be able to remember if you do have a LD that night/morning. Just don't go crazy saying "omg, what am i gonna do what am i gonna do? I wanna fly, have sex, walk through walls, eat until my stomach explodes, spy on my neighbors, drive in a car really fast, woooeeey I'm gonna..." and so on. I think that could wake you up if you got too excited.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MILD (as detailed in Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming) states that you should decide what you'd like to do in your LD before going to sleep that night, so it's fairly common advice now. Certainly if you have your mind set on a particular activity that you'd really like to do, it would be a good idea to plan for it beforehand. For me though, what I do when I'm lucid depends almost entirely on where I am in the dream, and who I'm with.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atheist, same here. But no matter where I am, I usually find an open place to fly around. Hmm I think it would be pretty cool if you started running around my block and burning down all the houses 8D.

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I can only think of one or two things to do. I end up not flying, as I've done it before and want to try something else.. And then I either can't think of anything else, or I don't seem to be able to do it, or the dream fades and I forget to spin..

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehm. A little morbid, but that's alright.. neutral

/ds

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daysong wrote:
Sometimes I can only think of one or two things to do. I end up not flying, as I've done it before and want to try something else.. And then I either can't think of anything else, or I don't seem to be able to do it, or the dream fades and I forget to spin..

Same with me cry! Sometimes I can fly really well and others I can barely get off the ground.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how nice... I didn't reply to part one because it is one of my principles to read all posts before replying. So basically I did something else instead of reading for an hour.

But now that it is all of manageable proportions.

Things I'd like to do in my LDs that I haven't done yet.

1- Destroy Blue once and for all (Blue is my nemesis who seems to pop out and give me a workover every time I get 'deeper' into my dream world.)

2- Enter my subconscious and modify myself, at the risk of severly *** me up, I know.

3- Destroy the wall between conscious and unconscious, giving me full control of myself and my life.

4- Create a world I will automatically return to every night and resume where I left off. This is my ultimate 'entertainment goal' where dreaming will give me the fantasy life I never had.

I can't think up anything less advanced that I haven't done. None of the examples seen so far have covered it.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ureon, you have mentioned some great ideas.

Quote:
2- Enter my subconscious and modify myself, at the risk of severly *** me up, I know.

Ehh you sure you wanna try that? And in what way are you going to try changing yourself?

Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can successfully access the functions of your mind it would be like having the source code for a computer program.

You can remove phobias e.t.c., you can dictate how your physique will evolve and (I believe) even halt the ageing process. This is well worth the risk. I know you are surprised that a skeptic like myself would believe this but I have witnessed things that show it might be possible.

The problem is that however much you know C++, the programming language of a human brain is impossible to learn before you're in there trying to modify it.

I have given myself false memories, and if I did manage to access my long term memory (as opposed to just remembering the dream as is) then I might get to other parts as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ureon while dreaming our memory fuel acetylcholine is a 100 times more active then normal so indeed u could make new imprints or remove old ones..although i wonder if that would be with a 100% effectiveness always.

Greetz,
Jeff

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm sure a lot of people would want to modify themselves.. let's hope no one goes overboard with it though, lest we create some kind of race of super-humans who can control their physical appearance, knowledge, phobias.. eh

Well, it might happen.. wink

/ds

Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daysong wrote:
Hmm, I'm sure a lot of people would want to modify themselves.. let's hope no one goes overboard with it though, lest we create some kind of race of super-humans who can control their physical appearance, knowledge, phobias.. eh

Well, it might happen.. wink

/ds

Oh, to be able to modify my physical appearance... neutral
Phobias? That'd be pretty neat...

But I've just thought of something - if shared dreaming is real...
*Takes knowledge from government officials concerning secret documents*
*Modifies teachers to have a fear of school*
*Modifies enemies to look like frogs*
*Erases friends' knowledge of my embarassing moment yesterday*
Oh, the power a lucid-dreamer would wield! Just don't mess up the coding on accident...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » the Quest for Lucidity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated