Simple WILD tech, hopefully

:happy: Actually my brother did that and he was succesful, but he discovered the method for himself. He started counting the ticking of the clock, and after a while he realised that he couldn’t hear it anymore, and saw an image, and entered it. I myself couldn’t stand it, because I hate ticking clocks so much ( :grrr: )

I’m used to the sound since I’ve always had a ticking clock in my room :tongue: But in general I too hate ticking clocks :grrr: But the one I have had a quite gental sound :content: And I sort of found out this when I used to fall asleep on the bus on the way from school while listening to the radio. I would suddenly get popping sounds, but since I didn’t know about lucid dreaming then I just fell asleep. But I think I did have some very strange dreams from what they where talking about on the radio at the time :eh: And then last month I started using this tech to WILD at home too but since I also tried several other ways I haven’t WILDed with this tech that much, but atleast for me it seems to be a good way.

This is because I usually fall asleep very fast if I focus on HI, and if I don’t get any HI I just fall asleep :cry: And focusing on my body works very well but it usually takes quite a long time to WILD that way :help: And I also seem to get these popping sounds naturally sometimes when I’m not even focusing on what I’m hearing :smile:

There’s also 2 ways you can WILD with this. The first is naturally to listen to the sound and then WILD directly into a dream without loosing consiouness. But that’s not how I do it :tongue: I fall asleep while listening to the sound and then after a while I start dreaming and if it works I usually realise that I’m dreaming right when the dream starts or shortly after it starts. So I guess this is technically a WILD/MILD tech :shy: And with this I can “WILD” without getting any HI at all, and it seems that I mostly only get HI if I’m in the middle of a REM-cycle. But that’s probably just because I tend to fall asleep fast if I wake up during the night or the morning. So my HI “zooming” tech usually only works really well when I sleep for more than 8-9 hours so that’s not always a good option :bored:

Riiight, I guess I did a bit of smilie overkill in the post, but I blame the smilie goddess (alias moogle) for that :razz:

interesting, i have a friend who tried this technique as well… and by what he told me he came very close. i don’t have a ticking clock, mines digital… but i realized that i recently got a metronome. i might try it, but i think i might just get annoyed by it. i’d much rather play music or something and focus on that while falling asleep.

I have to try that. Now I need to find a good clock…

Has anyone gotten it to work when they first went to sleep? I am going to try it.

This tech sounds like a variation of the traditional shamanic drumming tech. Robert Moss writes a lot about it in his books: focussing on the shamanic drums lets your enter your dreams more easily. Or to be precise, RE-enter your dreams… because basically it’s a tech to reenter your dreams in order to find out more about them. Apparently it’s often used in dream communities to gain more knowledge by reentering a dream if its message remained unclear in the first place. The shamanic drumming is now replaced by the modern ticking of a clock, but the effect is probably the same :smile: Thanks for bringing up this topic!

Interesting idea! I am going to try this clock method. :smile:

Try not to get too involved with the HI. Just be aware of them. Remember the purpose of HI is to put you unconsciously to sleep.

Have you tried to focus on your breathing or create a falling/spinning sensation.

Yes, the technique you described should work well. It is just a different way of putting you into a trance.

Cool, why I didn’t think about it before? If I try to concentrate on something, I always hear the clock ticking, and it distracts me, so I even cannot fall asleep. So, if I try to concentrate on the clock, something else will distract me, and I will have more interesting WILD, than if I was just counting till 400! And if I try to concentrate on the clock and something else at one at the same time, I will just fall asleep faster… :cool_laugh: Really cool.

Yes the focusing on my breathing usually works really well, or atleast if I do it before I go to sleep. Then I can even reach SP, but the problem is that it seems to take much longer than other techs for some reason. But if I do it when I wake up during the night I still seem to fall asleep without getting lucid :sad: The clock tech hasn’t worked that well the past few days, guess I haven’t focused enough when falling back to sleep :bored:

It sounds like an interesting technique ! I’m impatient to test it ! :smile:

I’m going to test it now with the humming of my computer. I’ll tell you what happens tommorie.

Hmmm… I tested it yesterday night… and it’s wonderful against insomnia ! :grin: I slept quite immediatly ! :sleep: LOL !

Basilus :rofl: That’s not how it’s supposed to work :razz:

The past few days it hasn’t been working that well at all for me :shrug: I must have been to tired to try hard enough :tongue:

Eh screw it, I fell asleep. Didn’t work.

:content: Do you need to have a very noisy clock ?

No it doesn’t have to be that noisy. If you can hear it fine when you’re in bed then it should be fine :content: And I started thinking that maybe you could fall asleep faster if you only listen to the ticking of the clock. I know that if I listen to the ventilation system at school I usually get tired very fast. And it seems that you can listen to the clock in 2 different ways. One is to focus only on the clock and not hearing anything else, then I think you might fall asleep faster this way so it might not work that well.

That could also explain why it hasn’t worked that well for me the past week. Because that’s what I’ve been doing the past week. The other way is to listen to sounds in general and with this also hearing the clock, this (I think) keeps you more awake since you in general hear more sounds than just the clock. I will try to do this the next few days and see what happens and if there’s really a difference.

Generally speaking, it seems to me that :

• techniques where you focus on thoughts (like counting) make you sleep harder,
  • techniques where you focus on sensations (visions, sounds) make you sleep easier.
    Don’t you think so ?

There are also different ways to listen to the clock only. The clock in my bedroom seems to emit several sorts of sounds at one at the same time… Loud ‘don, don, don’, which is heard first, and hardly audible ‘tick-tick-tick’ in the background. (Sorry if I sound idiotic :smile: ) So I wonder, what will be better for this technique: listening to any sound you hear, concentrating on one of the sounds or trying to listen to the softest one?

Yes Basilus West, it seems like that (atleast for me) But I don’t think it works that way for everyone, some people can’t fall asleep when they focus on thoughts :bored:

I don’t know ilana, try it out and see for yourself :content: I only found out that you can listen to it in 2 ways a few days ago. And I haven’t really done any testing so far :neutral: I had to get up way too early this morning :tongue: I couldn’t even remember any dreams :cry: But I get to sleep in the morning, so then I’ll try it out again :cool_laugh:

Well atleast for me it seems that it works way better to just listen to general sounds :cool: But this morning I didn’t get the popping sounds in my ears, I has something else that’s a bit hard to explain. I sort of felt like my consiousness moved around a bit outside my head in different directions. And after that happened a few times I fell asleep. But this process happened several times this morning :content:

I woke up from a dream and wrote it down and then I focused on sounds in general. After a while I got this strange thing and then I fell asleep and had a dream. Then I guess I han NREM and then a dream again. After dreaming for a while I woke up and wrote down my dreams and then did the same thing again. That’s pretty much how it worked. I was close to lucidity quite often but I think I only got lucid once.