A WILD variation

Lo Miklos,

Nice that it worked! Its true that the spinning alone can create a LD already, and yes at first those lucids might be short and/or unstable. I would suggest doing the familiar tricks to stay in the LD, rub hands, feel objects, focus on details etc.
I do not however say that you should wake up for a few minutes. When you wake up start the technique as soon as possible (as soon as you are aware that you wanted to do it). The sooner the more chance it works! If your mind becomes too awake it will be considerably harder. Also, yes, you should not move your physical body, but only your ‘dream body’ after a while of spinning.

I hope you will have even more succes with it in the (near) future! :smile:

This method seems to help. I reached the stage of WILD where you see shapes and people begin to form. but as I have never been good with WILD I lost myself and fell asleep. But this is the first time in months I actually made it that far! I would see myself spinning, after visuallizing it I begin to feel it, after I being able to feel it, I feel myself getting the WILD vibrations. At this point I am still visuilizing spinning around, however I am also trying to pay attention to HI. I cant decide which one to pay more attention to my HI or my spinning/falling back. The times I tried this I focused on HI while I spun, I seemed to get pretty far.

I’ll try this. It’ll be a nice change from the VILD technique, which no one except Pedro has seemed to be working for.

A quick question, Xetrov-

Do you spin clockwise or counterclockwise? I ask this because two nights ago I was using your method and I remember me suddenly seciding that one of those two options works much better (at least for me). But now I dont remember what I decided

Miklos - I do it clockwise, because that way i will use the momentum of the imagined spinning to imagine myself rolling to the right side out of my bed / body (the other side is a wall).

Whitewolf - You should try both options and see what works best. Myself I do it without focussing on actual visuals / HI. I just visualise (which is more like a feeling) myself spinning in the darkness. But perhaps for you, focussing on the HI may allow you to enter into an actual dream (preferably a LD :wink:).

Good luck to those who try it!

i may have to use sitting up instead of rolling out of bed as i sleep on a high bed making it kind of impossible to roll out of lol.

Hey Xetrov yoru method is really good, will try it tonight… I tried my own method well i thought it was my own but i then read that many ppl have tried it… The WBTB [NILD], and then the WILD after awakening… i use an alarm clock though… could tyhis effect the waking up too much? when i do this normally i just keep my mind thinking of situations i had during the day and try projecting my mind into a thought and then 1 time i went lucid, your technique seems quiet good.
how many succesful times have you gone lucid through it?
I will try it tonight and let you know how it went… thanks

Hello Shroom,

Using an alarm clock might bring you out of your ‘sleepyness’ quite fast, and make you be fully awake. For me, this is not good since i need to be barely awake and drowsy to have good succes with this method. But if you are naturally good at WILD, or fall back asleep very fast, then perhaps it s not a drawback at all. I would suggest to try wake up by yourself if you can, and if you cannot, try an alarm clock. I have only succeeded in this technique now for perhaps 10-15 times at most, but when I do try it, it gets more succesful these days because of more experience. Also i have only been doing this for about 3 weeks max, and i dont do it every night. Past week also i have had little succes as i slept to deep and did not wake up, or woke up too fast. But i hope to have a chance at trying my WILD tech soon again (meanwhile i’ll ‘just’ go lucid by MILD :smile:).

Good luck Shroom when you try it!

i tried your technique, it was really rather odd, it half worked which is good, and i do go to sleep easily [answering your question about the alarm] and i relaly would rather keep the alarm and when i turn it off im still relaly sleepy and then i can still do the spinning thing… at first i had a hard time imagining it from the first person view… kept seeing myslef doing it from above, finally then visualised it!! yeay, well i half went lucid… it was really good though because i was in my house and it was familiar territory. but i half took advantage of being lucid… my brain went along with the dream while i kept telling msyelf its a dream but i didnt do it strongly enough so i didnt do what i had wanted to do… i just went along with what the dream did and enjoyed it… but didnt take advantage of it… tonight i will do it again since last night i couldnt cuz i went to bed too late…
Could i also ask you to explain in some detail MILD to me? i would appreciate it thanks… :smile:

By spinning, do you mean visualizing yourself standing up spinning, or just a spinning sensation while lying down?

Shroom - Nice to hear your succes. I had the same problems in the start, I went ‘out of body’ and then i either forgot it was a dream, or i would be so convinced I had actually REALLY moved my physial body that I went back to bed and became non-lucid. This was because the method, when it works, goes so fast that you will be amazed you are already in a LD.
The trick behind MILD is that you make a strong sugestion to yourself about something by repeating a mantra (with MILD, to know that you are dreaming). It is i guess a form of self hypnosis, and it can also be done with other suggestions, for example that when you succeed in my technique, that you will first of all try as hard as possible to convince yourself you are really dreaming so you wont lose lucidity (for example, use the mantra “when im out of body, I will do a RC”). Good luck with it when you try next time!

Paradox - I meant a spinning sensation while lying down indeed. This is needed because you will imagine after the spinning yourself rolling out of your body from a lying down position, using the momentum you build up with the spinning.

Nich tech. Xetrov!
im going to try this tonight. but one thing worrys me is the part where you visualize your self spinning im not good at visualizing stuff so this might be a problem but hopfully not :smile:

Ok, yeah i havent really had time to LD this weekend so i havent bothered tonight and for the next 2 nights im dedicating to LD so i will get back to you on the results later

Sounds good to me. I will try this tonight.

yeah its really good!! i did it this morning and hey dreamed but didnt go lucid!!! damn me!! ii need to RC more often!! again tonight!! but practice makes perfect so tonight i hope…

Shroom, nice to hear your results! Indeed, keep focussed on doing a RC or else you can drop into a ND. Others who try it, let me know what went good / wrong too :smile:

Hi Xetrov, thanks for the interesting method. I tried it for the first time 2 nights ago and it worked, so I was very impressed. Last night I didn’t get very far with it, but I had a very restless night’s sleep and ended up getting frustrated and just tossing and turning. I will keep using the method for a while and see how it goes.

The actual LD was pretty poor, I basically suddenly felt myself roll over and across my bed in a very realistic way. This was after carrying out the method for a good fifteen minutes, during which time I had had a few moments where I felt myself drift towards sleep. I found myself in a lucid dream bedroom, but I woke up quickly after I started to explore it unfortunately!

Lo 1984,

Nice to hear positive results. Be sure to remember to stabilise the LD soon after it starts, use hand rubbing, focussing on objects or whatever method works for you.

Good luck :smile:

This is similiar to HILD tech where you go almost instantly to sleep after being awake for little time.

For those who dont know what HILD is > Its a tech where you wake up and go sleeping instantly but while falling a sleep you move your fingers a little in RL and decide to do a RC after 30 secs or 2 mins or whatever feels good. The idea is that you fall asleep wihtout noticing anything but with the thought about doing RC and you do it and get lucid.

In this tech you do something too to fall asleep and noticing it yourself and having the thought of rolling away your body. But in HILD you must be very tired and sure to fall asleep fast and the movement of your fingers must be little.

And if i did some mistakes when telling about HILD pls correct me i were too lazy to find the link or anything to backup my own info but anyway.

Xetrov you know ive been giving this a go. Well i had another try today in this spinning chair.

I felt really relaxed and started to visualise that i was spinning. And it started to feel like my real body was spinning. But i kept spoiling the feeling but thinking about the actual spinning so i visualised that i had a remote for the chair.
So i flip the switch and now i found it alot easier to visualise the chair spinning and after about 20 secs it felt like my body was goin round and round and round. Such a wonderful feeling and i could see the room around me spin. And then other images started to come into this visualisation so i open my real eyes and ended it because i though i was going to lose grip of it all.

What do you recon Xetrov?