The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic

I assume that would imply your christian.

In which case you exorcised it…?

Old Hag isn’t a real thing, there isn’t actually a demon sitting on your bed. What is happening is that for one reason or another you woke up in the middle of a dream and are still in SP. When you wake up you are sort of half way between awake and dreaming. So you have hallucinations and because you’re scared becuase you can’t move you tend to imagine evil things. Then the fact that you can’t move only adds to your fear.

Also, if you ever have Old Hag since you are really close to the dream state it is a great opportunity for an LD. Just stop freaking out, relax and wait for your dream to come back.

There is a guy on another forum I visit (that has nothing to do with LD or ND) but the subject came up. Seems he practices WILD and he has the same problem. He even sees this “shadow creature” in his dreams. Could it be something physical or meta physical?

Ah yes, the old had. When I first started to WILD she scared the hell out of me. Only because I read a topic here and was DAMN sure I was going to experience it.

Well, here’s what happened to me.

I woke up in SP and I could have sworn there was a hag on my chest. I kept closing my eyes and repeated to my self something like “the hag isn’t real, the hag isn’t real”

Well I open my eyes and I see my dad crying… I wrote this down but I don’t have my DJ on me. I’ve never feared the hag again.

The old hag is what ever you want it to be. But trust me, you are over hyping it. I can assure you 100% that you will not experience the old hag, just tell your self it isn’t real and if you do see it then go Jeffery Dhamer and eat her. She’d be so scared of you she better not come back.

At least that was my plan when I saw the hag… but unfortunatly I never got to encounter her.

Well, old hag is not exactly like that, having SP it is well paralysis, and second presence of entity in the room, this presence is not always on your chest, and it hasn’t always visual form.
I had some expirience with it and it is real in that moment, many people had this too, it is connected with sleeping on the back.
Hint: if you think that was a ghost try feel the bed beside you if its warm that you had an hag encounter if it is noram ltemperature that you were halucinating.(this with a grain of salt it is just belief, me personaly hasn’t check this)

Yea… I’ve heard about Old Hag being connected with sleeping on your back. If you normally do that and are truly worried about Old Hag try sleeping on your back.

I’ve had the old hag both when sleeping on my back and on my stomach :grin: Guess she really likes me no matter what position I’m sleeping in :tongue:

I didnt know untill recently “It” had a name. I had a experiance about three mouths ago with old hag. I was lying on my stomack, and I woke up feeling this pressure on my back, and it was hard to breath. I was so scared I didnt want to look at what was on my back. Im looking forward to old hags next visit. What causes old hag?

that depends of the approach you like most, scientific, thay are trying to tell you feel yourself as somebody else.
If you want unofficially, well, all sort of incubi sucubi, wicca, demons, night terror, plaenty of them.
I had some SP problems with feeling of entity in the room, and that entity not human, it was very unique expirience, my brother too had exactly same about the same time. I am not sure if it was the exact night but within month or less, we were in different towns during that year.

It’s just an unfortunate (but fairly rare) side effect of SP. Like HH, or the tingly feeling, or the feeling of falling etc.

I had many experiences, some of them just plain freaky and funny. I was sleeping in my bed, face up, and then 5 minutes after I fell asleep I woke up and saw a black figure walk past my room. I knew it couldn’t be anyone because I was home alone. Another encounter was a while ago. I was snoozing on the couch and woke up with SP, to my surprise there was a little light in the room and I saw someone crawling from the ceiling fan to the wall. I was terrified. Now that I think about it, am I subconsciously afraid of Spiderman? I really enjoyed Spiderman 2 however…

I’ve had the old hag hold me down by the head and on several occasions i seem them crawling on windows and on the roof. I even see them walk by my room and even try to come in (i can see their darkness).

You make it sound very creepy… There coming to get you batosan, there allways watching, there getting closer, and closer.

you’d imagine my surprise! after experiencing it I would say “What the hell… was that spiderman?!” lol.

Well, that seems to be developed form of sleep paralysis, with hypnagogic halucinations. It reminds me of the shadowmen enigma, but it is clearly linked with the dreaming.
It is not unusual to see things after waking up, yes it could be spiderman aftermath.

Sry I didnt relize there was a forum for these questions here…but I am a begginner to lucid dreaming. I have been doing a dream journal for 2 months now even though I aklready had good dream rcall. But honestly I am truley afraid to dream becuase of old hag. I am afraid of it…can someone help me with this or maybe help me over come it? Thanks so much…Nick

Hi Beesflirtn ! :wave: Welcome to the forum !

Old Hag is a recurring question amongst beginners. You have a search engine on this forum (in the top bar) and you can search for “old” and “hag”, and find all these topics :
Old Hag Syndrome
The Old Hag
Old Hag?
The Old Hag syndrome!!
It’s better to post in an existing topic, because answers won’t be scattered through the forum. :grin:

About your question : you don’t have to be afraid of Old Hag. It’s not a dream character that you’ll often meet. Most likely, you won’t meet her at all !
In fact, Old Hag is related with a sleep disorder called Sleep Paralysis. For people experiencing such a disorder, the mind wakes up before the body, and they find themselves paralyzed during a few seconds (up to 2 or 3 minutes).
In some cases, Sleep Paralysis is accompanied with hallucinations. As sleep paralyzed people are already afraid of what happens, these hallucinations are often frightening (ET’s, demons, Old Hag, etc.)

Concerning LD, there is a confusion, because when you practise WILD (and only this induction technique), you try to volontarily reach a paralyzed state, which many LD’ers also call SP. But these hallucinations don’t appear in this state. They are only related with the SP disorder.

I hope you won’t be afraid, now ! Remember that all you can experience in LD… is just a dream ! :content:

mods : wouldn’t be a great idea to gather all the posts about Old Hag in a “BIG Old Hag topic ?”

I’ve had the “spiderman” affect during SP, but now that I think about it, it’s just the effect of someone malicious that can climb on walls and stuff (Sorta like The Fear in MGS3). It’s definitely something in my subconcious (perhaps?) because the last thing I would be scared of is spiderman! And also, I’ve never dreamed about spiderman (well, never dreamed and remembered it).

if you could, try to sleep with the light on and when you have SP try to look at the shadowfigures.
just a thought.

and one more current topic :smile:
“That old hag…”
yes Basilus West, it might be a good idea to combine all of these “old hag” topics.

welcome to the forum Beesflirtn :wave:
The old hag should never ever be feared by people attempting to lucid dream. I am stunned that so many people visit here asking these “I’m scared of old hag” questions … and I’ve never noticed threads created with “Help me, I have an old hag in my room” :lol:

Beesflirtn, I’m more afraid of bees :smile: dont worry about this “old hag” and don’t let it get in your way.