A WILD variation

Nich tech. Xetrov!
im going to try this tonight. but one thing worrys me is the part where you visualize your self spinning im not good at visualizing stuff so this might be a problem but hopfully not :smile:

Ok, yeah i havent really had time to LD this weekend so i havent bothered tonight and for the next 2 nights im dedicating to LD so i will get back to you on the results later

Sounds good to me. I will try this tonight.

yeah its really good!! i did it this morning and hey dreamed but didnt go lucid!!! damn me!! ii need to RC more often!! again tonight!! but practice makes perfect so tonight i hope…

Shroom, nice to hear your results! Indeed, keep focussed on doing a RC or else you can drop into a ND. Others who try it, let me know what went good / wrong too :smile:

Hi Xetrov, thanks for the interesting method. I tried it for the first time 2 nights ago and it worked, so I was very impressed. Last night I didn’t get very far with it, but I had a very restless night’s sleep and ended up getting frustrated and just tossing and turning. I will keep using the method for a while and see how it goes.

The actual LD was pretty poor, I basically suddenly felt myself roll over and across my bed in a very realistic way. This was after carrying out the method for a good fifteen minutes, during which time I had had a few moments where I felt myself drift towards sleep. I found myself in a lucid dream bedroom, but I woke up quickly after I started to explore it unfortunately!

Lo 1984,

Nice to hear positive results. Be sure to remember to stabilise the LD soon after it starts, use hand rubbing, focussing on objects or whatever method works for you.

Good luck :smile:

This is similiar to HILD tech where you go almost instantly to sleep after being awake for little time.

For those who dont know what HILD is > Its a tech where you wake up and go sleeping instantly but while falling a sleep you move your fingers a little in RL and decide to do a RC after 30 secs or 2 mins or whatever feels good. The idea is that you fall asleep wihtout noticing anything but with the thought about doing RC and you do it and get lucid.

In this tech you do something too to fall asleep and noticing it yourself and having the thought of rolling away your body. But in HILD you must be very tired and sure to fall asleep fast and the movement of your fingers must be little.

And if i did some mistakes when telling about HILD pls correct me i were too lazy to find the link or anything to backup my own info but anyway.

Xetrov you know ive been giving this a go. Well i had another try today in this spinning chair.

I felt really relaxed and started to visualise that i was spinning. And it started to feel like my real body was spinning. But i kept spoiling the feeling but thinking about the actual spinning so i visualised that i had a remote for the chair.
So i flip the switch and now i found it alot easier to visualise the chair spinning and after about 20 secs it felt like my body was goin round and round and round. Such a wonderful feeling and i could see the room around me spin. And then other images started to come into this visualisation so i open my real eyes and ended it because i though i was going to lose grip of it all.

What do you recon Xetrov?

Hebe thanks for poiting me to that technique, btw it is found here: https://community.ld4all.com/t/hargarts-induction-technique-log-hild/10708

Very interesting and it resembles my technique quite a bit. It is based on the same method of instantly creating a dreamworld by going consciousnly into a dream-OBE (be it fingers or your whole body). The transition from being awake to being asleep is extremely subtle in this stage where you just wake up and feel very sleepy (mostly in the middle of the night), but can be used very well for inducing lucids, either by doing the fingers RC in the HILD tech or doing the spinning in my tech. Both techs share also that in the end, the LD is created and stabilised when you stand in your room after an OBE like experience (so perhaps we better call these techs under one name OILD or OBE induced LD).

C_mon: You got there, but you lost it :smile:. At the point where you saw your room you were in a LD. Next time you need to try to move/walk out of your bed position (create a dream-OBE) and be somewhere in your room, and use methods for stabilising the LD like rubbing hands so you wont lose grip. Good luck with further experiments.

As a sidenote: last weekend I was sleeping with a lot of friends in a house in 1 huge room, some people were snoring (is that the correct term? making noise in their sleep). Anyway, i had some ear plugs to silence the sound but they were on a shelf beside my bed. As i fell asleep i thought, perhaps i’ll use them when the noise gets worse. So i fell asleep but i kept dreaming that i was taking the plugs and putting them in my ears, untill at a certain moment i realised i was dreaming and i flew away into a cool LD. What’s the point? Well it seems that we could invent a technique whereby a thought of an event which will occur during the night at a random time can make us lucid. In my example it was my thinking of perhaps using the plugs (but being lazy to actually take them). I could imagine that if someone set an alarm clock to go off at random during the night, the same could happen to him/her, which is: dreaming that the clock goes off. You should include some RC’s each time when you shut down the alarm (or do whatever action). Could this work?

i think it could work because i usually have my clock ringin after 4-5h sleep for attempting LD. Sometimes when i usually wake to the alarm and change it to more further to morning for school, i have sometimes for some reason not set the new alarm time, BUT I remember setting it , so it has been somekind of falseawakening including the alarm.

Trying to make it simple: i know i have alarm and i wake up real for once and change the alarm to further. All this happens in couple minutes, so if i have a false alarm it must be very quick in dream too so i don’t really care about it. And i may have false memories about changing the alarm schedule.

I think this might work, becoz before i didn’t pay attention about the alarm thing now i will RC everytime and i will tell the results here if i get lucid from a false alarm or whatever you wanna call it.

And i don’t consider it as an falseawakening really becoz i just hear the alarm and change it a little bit and continue to sleep.

And I got evidence about having these false alarms when i had memory about adjusting the alarm but there weren’t any adjustments done really.

Hmm sorry for putting everything in such a messy way hope you get what im trying to say :confused:

I think I understand :smile: I had a similar thing happen to me last night. I set my alarm for 7.00, but I woke up a few times during the night before this time. And on one of these awakenings I did the ‘hold your nose RC’, then looked at my alarm which read 5.44. What seemed like a short while later I woke up again, and checked the alarm again, but this time it read 5.04. So I did a number of RC until I was totally sure that I was awake, leaving me with the explanation that my first awakening must have been a FA.

Yeah exactly, too bad you didnt go lucid. The only problem i can see with this tech is that it could bring on an uneasy sleep, because you know the alarm will go off, but on the other hand this will cause FA’s a lot probably so you can go lucid. For people who can sleep long this can be a problem (probably dont want to set alarm), but it can have potential for people who need to get up for work/school etc (those people mostly complain about lack of lucids anyway). Well i might give this another try soon…

Instead of setting your alarm maybe you could try MILD “i will wake up at 6 in the morning” “When it is 6 in the morning i will wake up” i tried this and i woke up at 6:05am lol so maybe instead of setting your alarm you could try this?

Personally I prefer nights where I wake up frequently. The more the better! It gives me more opportunities to attempt to induce a LD, I remember more dreams, and I just like waking up all drowsy, looking at my clock, and thinking ‘yes! I have X hours more sleep time left. Mmm, warm bed.’

I love that too :peek: have a look outside to see if its cold then back to bed it is. This morning i woke up looked at my clock it said 1:09pm !!! shock!!! i was crap my day has gone. so i looked over to my watch and it said 11:15 i thought hmmmm did RC nope i was awake so i must have changed my clock in the night :razz:

xetrov i have a few questions

1. do you have to wake up in the middle of the night to do this
    2)when should i start the spinning
    should i do it immediatly or do i wait and then do it when i am really tired
    3)how do i force my brain into opening up the new dream?
    can someone help me

Hey Singerguy.

1. Yes. Best is to wake automatically (which we do every night, but sometimes you fall asleep too fast to notice), not with alarm.

2. As soon as you are aware that you want to do it! You dont need to wait till you are tired because if you wake up at night, you will probably be still tired and close to sleep.

3. When you step “OBE”, this is what happens automatically, so dont worry about it. It is the end result of this technique.

I end up rolling my real body, even if I do it for like 15 minutes =.

Fadem if you do it that long it has not much use anymore I think. If you fail after some attempts just go back to sleep and try again next time you wake up during the night.