Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

Have I gone blind or did we miss a really big one.

DS = Dream Sign

I’ve just been talking about them and came here for a possible definition and Nada.

Yup, we all looked right over that one.

I’ve also added LL(Lucid Living), along with a few more definitions.

A couple ones that I think have been overlooked…
NLD - Non-Lucid Dream
RL or WL - real life or waking life - people often use these acronyms instead of saying IRL or IWL

Thanks for adding Lucic Living. It has been a life long dream of mine. :content:

There is a great discussion about LL going on and as a result I’ve come up with another anacronym:

LDD: Lucid Day Dreaming. Another exercise for practicing lucidity.:beer:

It’s pretty self-explanatory but I will talk about it more in the Lucid Living
Topic

LL has been added as a popup now too. :content:

and removed again because of the fact that when you use “i’ll” it changes it into the acronym too :grrr:

To whom it may concern… ULD Unaware Lucid Dreaming is real … I do it ever night … I have as of yet been unable to be come “awake” in my dreams yet I can control whatever I want … Hence I stopped having nightmares about 12 years ago because after 3 years of the same one I came to the realization that I could control what was happening and since then I havent had any such problems … The only thing is Im not thinking so I cant do what i really want to … I can only react to things Not initiate them

Today I have added:

AB= Astral Body
and
SG= Spirit Guide

I also cleaned up the original post a bit.

I am surprised to see that DJ (Dream Journal) isn´t yet in the acronyms.I think more people use it than DD

Traumgänger

Perhaps another one: LS = Lucid Sleep

Added, :thumbs: . . but without a floating description bubble for now. :neutral:

umm what about Shared Dreaming???

SD :smile: still havent done it but i will get there :content: :cool:

Cheers
Richard

can’t believe we don’t have one for Shared Dreaming :grin:

SD - Shared Dream - the possiblility to ‘share’ a dream - be in the same dream with other ppl.

Edit:

:shy: i see Timeles_Soul already sait that :shy: i’m going to add it to the popup thing already, as well as DJ

added :content:

when adding Shared Dream i was editing the Dream Sign acronym to make it into the SD one. While typing it became “Shared Dream Sign”. That’s a cool one come to think of it :smile:

Shared Dream Sign:
a. A Dream Sign signifying for the dreamer he/she is in a shared dream
b. A Dream sign shared by different dreamers (can i have the dream sign now? you have had it for 2 weeks already)
c. A Dream Sign noting the dreamer he/she is now entering a shared dream. (like a road sign: warning: Shared Dream ahead, enter at your own risk, maximum flying speed 30mph) :gni:

I thought it was time to update my definition of Lucid Living:

Maintaining, in your waking life, the same state of awareness that you experience in a Lucid Dream.

With all the discussion and exploration of this subject that has gone on here I think this is a better definition. Any chance you can get the “LL” mouse over to work on this server ??? :happy:

nope… doesn’t depend on the server but on the censor words program i use to do the acronym thing. and it is not case sensitive :sad: And íf it sees 'll it 'll make 'LL out of it…

I’ve collect suggestions and made a list of unregistered terms:

ASP - Awake sleep paraylsis

IMLD - In my Lucid dream

SRA - Sudden random awakening

EWLD - Exploring the world of Lucid dreaming

LDER - Person who can Lucid dream (“LDer”)

LS - Lucid sleep

AP - Astrual Projection

LDs - Lucid dreams

LS - Lucid sleep

RT - Reality testing

PD - Precognitive dreaming

CILD - Chakra Induced Lucid Dreaming

CHILD - Charecter Induced Lucid Dreaming

PILD - Punishment Induced Lucid Dreaming

PLILD - Placebo Induced Lucid Dreaming

RILD - Reward Induced Lucid Dreaming

TILD - Thirst Induced Lucid Dreaming

UILD - Urinate Induced Lucid Dreaming

OILD - Orgone Induced Lucid Dreaming

NILD - Nap Induced Lucid Dreaming

DRILD - Drug Intiated Lucid Dreaming

SHILD - Shared-Dreaming Indcued Lucid Dreaming (Where you tell someone there dreaming or viceversa)

SILD - Sexual Induced Lucid Dreaming

STILD - Spontaneous Induced Lucid Dreaming (That’s my one)

SPILD - Sleep Paraylsis Induced Dreaming (A branch of WILD)

The below quote is what happens if you put “lild” into the message. I have had to put LI-LD into the quote to stop it repeating it self.

At least BrainHacker’s famous!

Technodreamer

Do you want my autograph? :wink: :razz:

I’ll post my suggestions again:

FSP= False Sleep Paralysis: happens when you wake up in SP-like conditions in a FA. This type of SP is caused by mental blockages, while the real SP is caused by physical conditions.

FHI= False Hypnagogic Imagery: happens when you experience HI while falling asleep inside a dream. This could be hypnagogic or hypnopompic.

CLD/CoLD= Chain of Lucid Dreams: when you experience several individual LDs after each other in a short time period.

CFA/CoFA= Chain of False Awakenings: when you experience several FAs after each other in a short time period.

SPA/SPuA= Sleep Paralysis upon Awakening: the most common type of SP.

SPFA/SPuFA= Sleep Paralysis upon Falling Asleep: very rare type of SP but it exists.

ahem

I noticed that we don’t have NREM here…

Non-Rapid Eyes Movement

:peek: