How to Choose Your Technique

Very handy guide indeed. Good job! :wink:

nice. thanks, i just started with LD and i needed this. first i gotta work up the dream recall.
one question: how fast would you say is fast was when falling asleep…i need like 15-25 minutes i think. is that fast or slow?

For me it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 1.5 hours to fall asleep. But usually about 30 minutes or so. And I know that if I fall asleep within 5 minutes then I need to sleep more because then I haven’t been getting enough sleep the past few nights. And if it takes more than 1 hour I know I’ve been sleeping too much :tongue:

:happy: thanks for your reply JaRoD, but what i wanted to know is who whould u call a fast-sleeper.
is like 25minutes fast?
that’s for the “Fall asleep fast. Highly motivated” text, would i fit in it?

I’d say fast is under 10 minutes, 10-30 or so is average (in my experience that is).

ok…then i probably would be the slow-sleeper

This guide should be added to the library section.

Hmm, is Treader still around? Last post about 2/3 weeks ago. Maybe Q could send him an email or something?

Still here, I’m just not much of a chatter. It might take a me a few weeks… a month… to respond to a post. I’m a little better when it comes to checking my email, though.

I even can be reached by AIM/ Yahoo Instant messanger (I use trillian), but I never seem to remember to turn it on when I access the Internet.

helpful guide :smile: it says I should try MILD so I’ll try tonight

EDIT
my memory sucks so i’ll just go WILD :happy:

What is classified as taking a long time to fall asleep?

10 hours…

no kidding, I would say over 30 mins to 1 hour is pretty long…

Ok thanks. I guess I am a fast sleeper as it usually seems to take about 15-20 minutes. At least I think it is that fast…

sigh
I’ve been trying to LD for the past couple of nights, but it’s really hard…
I am quite motivated when I’m awake, and I always write in my DJ quite gladly, but when I’m about to sleep it’s SO hard to focus on any of the techniques… I just drift off to sleep without even realising! :sad:

lucid dreaming, kicks ass, io have had like 7 now, have to up date my siganture…
the techniques really helped me out… really good…

Two nights are a little bit short to expect results ! When you’re well awake and motivated, choose the technique that you’ll practise the following nights. Before you go to bed, motivate yourself to practise this technique. If you’re falling asleep very quickly, choose a simple technique, like auto-suggestion (for instance, repeating yourself mentally “This night, I’ll realize I’m dreaming”, until you fall asleep).
Good luck in your LD quest ! :wink:

wheres R’lyeh island located? sounds like a crazy place lol

LOL ! In South Pacific, according to H.P. Lovecraft. :content:

I have been practicing the MILD method at night and while I do that I start slipping away on focusing on to get a lucid dream :grrr:

What do I do? :confused:

Simple, keep focussed, and practise makes perfect. Don’t abandon a certain technique after 3 tries because it gave no results or seemed hard to do (which is something very common). Good luck with it!