new quick preview at top of forum - NEW! RSS feed!

I also prefered the page without it.Kind of too big.

Um, well I don’t know which forum I’m supposed to use to make suggestions for the site but it kind of relates to this. Would it be possible to create an RSS feed for the latest topics on the forum? That way people could see what’s being talked about on the forum much easier, and they could check the newest topics while surfing other sites. Just an idea…

By the way, I love the new quick preview and this isn’t proposed as a way to replace it. It would only add a feature to the forum.

I think that is a great idea FFlare, and I do believe it is available for phpbb. :smile:

I didn’t know this was possible - If somebody can explain to me how and what and where I’m happy see if i can implement it :smile:

Um, well I know how to create an RSS feed but my programming knowledge is VERY limited. So I wouldn’t be able to tell you how to automatically update it or if there’s a php mod for it. Basically it would mean that people would be able to see the latest topics straight from the bookmarks on their browser. It would be kind of like a folder of topics in your bookmarks that updates by itself. I’m not sure which browsers support this but I know that Firefox does.

Noooo! The quick preview is broken (I click on the link, but it comes up with a message saying my browser sent a message the server doesn’t understand).

I didn’t realise I relied on it so much until just now :tongue:.

whowhawhewha?? explain please :smile: lemme try if i get that error too, can have to do with the upgrade to 2.0.11.

When I try to use, it sends me to a page saying:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.ld4all.com Port 80

EDIT: works now

glad to hear it works :smile: the magic of christmas :wink:

i’ve changed the layout a little - still searching… i cannot change it to the old layout (like on the dutch forum) because then i cannot exclude the playground and test area from displaying.)

edit: weird, the last date stays at 30 december :eh:

I like it how it is now PasQuale.

We’re an anoying bunch to please i know hehe

w00t :grin:

only thing is the date doesn’t display right yet so i’ve left it out entirily for now :grin:

Ah, now I can’t see who the last person to reply was :confused:. That’s probably it’s best use (I can watch a number of threads at the same time to see when someone has replied).

Yes, I do feel like being difficult :wink:.

i could add the name of the last person who replied, but i don’t know if that will look good.

Edit:

tried it out but it looks too messy

Oh well, I’ll cope :smile:.

pfew…

backing away slowly

can you put that bloody knife away now please then?

That’s not a knife…

… It’s a machete :content:.

I have noticed that the layout was slightly changed again during the last few days… I like the look itself, but i dont like how “recent discussions” now lacks the latest poster and the time it was posted.
I believe it used to show both the lastest poster/reply in thread and the time it was posted, but now all you see is the topic of the thread.

tomas: yes, in this layout it is almost impossible to add that, it will look very messy. It is just a glance after all. If you want all the info on latest topics you can always click on ‘view posts since last visit’

:peek: the guy with the big bloody machette likes it now, i don’t want to displease him :tongue:

no just kidding, i’m still trying out things, i like this one now, because it is nice and peaceful. if i add stuff like latest post it will look messy.

Q

I like how this “recent topic layout” properly shows if the topic has been read. :smile: … and the non-functional “next 5” feature was removed :tongue:

I’m like Tomas however, I kinda miss the author and time of the recent post now that I’ve got use to it. :lmao:

… lookin’ better everyday Q, good job :thumbs: