Which music do you like the most?

I don’t really like putting a “style” or category on my music.
A small list of my current favourites are:
Antenne, Custom Blue, David Sylvian, Faultline, Fläsk Kvartetten / Flesh Quartet, King Crimson, Lamb, Lucky People Center, Massive Attack, Plaid, Portishead, Readymade, Tweaker.

Love that too! :smile: Too bad the singer did quit the band some weeks ago :sad:

Furthermore, I listen to everything as long as the music feels real to me.
Just some names: Gorecki, Chet Baker, NoMeansNo, PJ Harvey, Sly and the Family Stone, Jeff Buckley, Tool, John Coltrane, Frank Zappa, Radiohead, loads more and - of course - my own bands :wink:

Why do people listen to a bunch of guys rambling a guitar and yelling? I mean as far as music goes I could never enjoy death metal, or metal in general (except some early Metallica. I used to like Korn but that was a damn long time ago. I still dig deftones - passanger song but otherwise, the sound of the guitar in the extreme just turns me off :dozing:

Well, time to go :sleeping:

It’s much more than just fucking your guitar. Metal is a very sensitive & emotional music…sometimes agressive and full of anger, sometimes melancholic and depressive. Metal can also be very beautiful and asthetic…but it has to grow on you! I started with new metal such as Korn…but there was a point I had to go further. I just need this music emotion wise…metal is not easy listening…you have to UNDERSTAND it, before you really can enjoy “a bunch of yelling (and grunting :wink: ) guy”…as a matter of fact, metal is not for everyone. But its a very satisfying music for people who enjoy it…

(…and ther’re a lot of metalheads around…especially in your country :content: )

Yeah there’s a lot of metalheads in Russia, but most of 'em don’t.

There’s just something that really ticks me off on metal, because I like beats, crisp-sounding lyrics and meaning.

And I don’t like listening to depressive music because if I want I can write depressive poetry, anyone can, it’s not hard. Depression is the easiest subject to write about ‘deeply,’ it is.

And goth, don’t even get me started. Men putting on lipstick and having long hair? It’s like all unwanted fashions coming back in one blow :bored:

Beeing a goth, is not just about “men putting on lipstick”. It’s a big prejudges. Not every goth wears black clothing and puts white powder on. It’s a clíche. And certenly not a trend in fashion! Gothic is a lifestyle. It is a retroperspektive and individualistic way to treat life. Goths are into dark romantic, they are peaceful and very sensitive people. It’s just a very special subcultur…like metalheads are…

You’re just touching the surface if you take metal or gothic as a fashion. There is much more behind :happy:

About russia:
I heard that the scene is still in the very deep underground, but there seems to be a lot of goths…i just searched after gothic at google and every second page that came up was russian…

Anyone here listen to Rammstein? Great band, even though i cant understand a word of german.

I think in this case, it’s a BIG advantage :wink:

I listen to them, they’re great! but… I translated their lyrics once… and I was really… surprised, they’re pretty stupid. :eh:

Excactly what I wanted to express with my last post :content:

LOL ginkgothian, just thought exactly the same :happy:

Two of my friends listen to Rammstein, and they got me to like the music after some time, but I don´t want to buy a CD cause of the lyrics
So, great music if you don´t understand them

I love almost all styles of music, but since I don´t want to bore you, just some groups that you might not know:

Allan Parsons Project - Tales of mystery and imagination from
(Don´t know if this is exactly the name of the cd, but you mustn´t listen to single songs of it, try to get the whole cd and listen from the beginning to the end. I think this goes as progressive or psyechedelic rock)

Portishead - wandering stars (this is a song, triphop)

Symphony X - metal with classic elements

if you’re into prog rock and Symphony X you could quite like opeth for their epicness

I’ve heard the name allan parson project but never downloaded a song…any recommendations? Love psychedelic prog rock :smile:

Well, like I said, it´s best to listen to the whole Album from the beginning to the end, but if you want to download one I´d pick “A dream within a dream” and “The Raven” (these are the first 2 songs)

Yeah but being into… dark romance (sounds contradicting and/or disturbing) and being… sensitive? No one can afford to be sensitive and make it in this world, sorry.

Well it’s just not my thing, and let’s leave it at that.

So true. Unfortunately. Gothic is a lifestyle to protest against this unfair society :confused:

@traumgänger
Sorry, I overread that…thanks for the dl tips anyway… :smile:

I’ll show my age now and say I like music from the 60s and 70s, country music and Pulp, Soft Cell and …I had better keep quiet now before you send a posse after me. :tongue:

Enya, Enigma. Some new age instrumental. Bill Douglas’ Circle Of Moons sort of thing. Ancient wooden flute sonatas and other ancient symphonies. I’m weird.

I listen to Within Temptation, Nightwish, Sirenia, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Rammstein.
Lately I have been exploring a bunch of new (to me) music, and I have just ordered some Penumbra, Trail of Tears and Haggard - Awakening The Centuries.

I don’t just listen to heavy, I also like other music, R.E.M. is great.

I find almost all “popular” music pretty crappy because it is IMHO usually commercial crap which is promoting the artist, not the music they make (which is understandable when it comes to much of that music; they havn’t really got any good music to promote).

Led Zepelin, King Crimson, Camel, Focus, Invisible (you won’t know this one), Pescado Rabioso, Piazzolla, Pugliese, Goyeneche (el Polaco), Troilo (Pichuco)…(etc)

To sum, Progressive rock and Tango

I love allmost all kinds of music but in a list it would be

Pink floyd (of course)
Rage against tha machine
Kraftwerk
Radiohead
Mustasch (Swedish rockband)