What's up with Sea Life... [SeaLife Addicts Support Lodge]

Oh yes. And Q - I don’t know what Sea Life would do without LD4ALL. Thanks AGAIN :smile:

Nick

Nick,
You’re doing a great job. Sea Life is worth waiting for, although we do feel a bit like fish out of water.
John

ok. so i think i posted the day it went down, and i was describing my info for a team… its probobly lost then? argh. most def worth re-doing i guess… :smile:

:wave: Jestrodomous … yes, it was lost … or may be lost. I never saw it so it must have been quite close to the time sealife went.

Tell me something new :content:

It’s actually good for me, i think its a good reason why i didnt get kicked off my dream team :cool: (I love you Moogle :grin: )

But i actually have a dream to give in my journal!

Sealife! Where are you??? :cry:

so do we know when sealife will be up, approximately? i mean, im so anxious to begin my quest with a team…

I think Nick said it would be back up some time over the weekend, which is good.

crosses his fingers

Alrighty!!!

The dreamofpeace.net server is up and running. Now I just need to reupload the database, which of course I’m hoping goes smoothly!

Wish me luck on this one!

:smile: :smile:

Seeya. Nick

(i’ll give the news here when it’s Totally up and running…)

Well I just thought I’d let you know that this might take a few hours to upload!

Apparently the database (compressed is 26.2 mb), yet uncompressed on my computer it jumps up all the way to a horrible 263 mb! Usually on the server, it’s size is about 100mb…

I don’t quite undersrtand the varying sizes, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with compression :wink:

Anyway such large files are difficult to upload on the cPanel control panel for a server, so I might need to break it up into a number of different parts, which while time consuming will hopefully allow us to complete the task…

Yes. Again. Wish me luck :smile:

Nick

Good Luck explora :thumbs: We are all waiting patiently. :grin:

GOod lcuk
:smile:
heh
sends telepathic good luck thoughts

Hehe. Yes Um actually the whole forum going down thing was all just practise for the “mental telepathy” project we were running this moon :wink:

Reeling in the good thoughts!

^^^ you cats are so effing ninja, NINJA, explora, ninja… that would be quite the little science fair project, i really DO hope that was the point.

[b] :cry:
Yes, and of course once again I had emailed all my dream team members at Way of the Wind with some really neat ideas.

Oh well, maybe they can read my mind.

Good luck Nick.

Anyway, I haven’t been able to keep up with my email, so this is a good break.[/b]

Good luck Nick!

/Patrik & Back the thief   :wink:

Thanks Everyone for the support

especially nice to hear from you Patrik! I hope you are enjoying your last few moments in Melbourne! Was great to see you the other day!

Will write more soon. it looks as though I have a busy night ahead of me. The total text-file is some 260mb, so it takes a very long time to not only open, but then I have to select different portions of the text individually. Considering I can only jump two lines at a time, with the arrow key, this is a pretty slow process!

:smile:

Seeya. Nick

explora, if you still have trouble with the uploading please get shell access and do it with the shell commands, saves a lot of time and trouble, it takes only a few minutes that way!

I’ve done the upload in several parts thing the first time LD4all had to move to a new server and took me days… then i found out i could have shell access, did it with the shell commands as is described in the update file and it was all done in a few minutes.

oooh cool advice Q!

I’ll see if I have shell access “automatically”, though I’m not certain. I think I might just have to ask for it, which could be difficult since it’s the weekend, and I don’t think they do stuff like that ont he weekend.

Would probabyl be a good idea to get the shell account anyway though :smile:

Thanks! Nick

Well well well it seems I have shell access after all :smile:

Now I just have to find thiss "update"f ile taht you mentioned? Is that part of Phpbb?

Nick

Haha. Wrong again. Turns out I don’t have shell access after all :sad:

Nick

:sad: I hope you can get it anyway - can’t you reach support? They have to switch it on for you - (that was the case with me).

check this on the phpbb forum for the commands phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=9

good luck! :thumbs: