What's up with Sea Life... [SeaLife Addicts Support Lodge]

[b]Yes, and also Earth First Dreaming School
dreamofpeace.net/earthfirst/index.php
is worth a visit while you are waiting, and maybe even a stay.

:peek: [/b]

Hey everyone.

Sorry I’ve been a little lazy as to replying here. Sea Life should be ready by tomorrow. I’ve been speaking with the hosting company. I’m not sure if they wanted to give me a shell accoutn (security risks being what they are), btu they are transferring the database directly, which of course is great!

It’s 11pm here in Australia, but hopefully they’ll either get to transferring it very soon, or sometime tomorrow morning… What a relief :smile:

Nick

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I hope they do it fast for you! it might help if you give them the commands to perform… and tell them you have many visitors who need the forum to survive … good luck!

Im actully dying at the moment…

me too, kraid, I feel like fish without water…

Okey. I sent them off another mail, giving a rundown of our desparate situation :wink:

Hopefully they’ll set it up soon. well it’s been an interesting week :smile: Of course, at least we’re now on the new, and more permanent server… Which is definitely a good start!

Nick

Let’s hope the performance is better :wink:

and yes, I know the fuss with SSH…
It used to be enabled on my host… but due to some Scriptkiddiots, they changed their policy.
they closed all SSH accounts and if you want SSH, you should send in a copy of your passport, so they have confirmation of your ID and can use it to track you down if you abuse the SSH access…

how much longer do you think it will take explora?

Yes so true Fixato. I think I understand, and while they do offer “SSH” as an optional extra, I think they figured, that I am a new customer, and having only paid one monthly fee, it might be easier if they just do it for me…

However, it does seem like I’m still waiting for a reply from them. r3tro - Hopefully it will be sometime within the next 8 hours, but I can’t really know :smile:

Seeya. Nick

Hugs Nick Keep trying!

What is SSH??

Hehehheheheh :smile:

Guess what :content: It’s uploading now, secretly in the background, I can see the datbase size expanding gradually…

We should be ready in only a half hour or so… Sweet!

Thanks for the hug dragonfly. I appreciate it :smile:

Shadowfox - SSH really just means a shell account on the server, which lets you type strange commands in - strange commands which would have made the whole restoring the datbase thinga whole lot easier. Oh well…!

I hope you are doing well… Seeya soon, I guess, Nick

Check this out :mrgreen_hat:

sealife.dreamofpeace.net/

We’re back!
:thumbs:

:bounce: :thumbs: :beer:

I think everyone abandoned this topic to catch up on dream team posts. :grin:
It’s great to have SeaLife back. :cool:

You might want to save the thread, just for future prefrences :grin: ( you never know )

like today :smile:

Seems like sealife’s host, tekgear.net.au, is having problems, since they are unreachable as well.
Not responding to /dns and /ping lookups…

it seems sealife is back now, if you still can’t reach it, try setting a manual DNS entry for it in your HOSTS file:

64.191.98.220 dreamofpeace.net 64.191.98.220 sealifedreams.com

(under windows you can open the HOSTS file by typing:

notepad %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

in StartMenu->Run… )

SeaLife is down atm, please be patient

:meh: