How to Choose Your Technique

Ok thanks. I guess I am a fast sleeper as it usually seems to take about 15-20 minutes. At least I think it is that fast…

sigh
I’ve been trying to LD for the past couple of nights, but it’s really hard…
I am quite motivated when I’m awake, and I always write in my DJ quite gladly, but when I’m about to sleep it’s SO hard to focus on any of the techniques… I just drift off to sleep without even realising! :sad:

lucid dreaming, kicks ass, io have had like 7 now, have to up date my siganture…
the techniques really helped me out… really good…

Two nights are a little bit short to expect results ! When you’re well awake and motivated, choose the technique that you’ll practise the following nights. Before you go to bed, motivate yourself to practise this technique. If you’re falling asleep very quickly, choose a simple technique, like auto-suggestion (for instance, repeating yourself mentally “This night, I’ll realize I’m dreaming”, until you fall asleep).
Good luck in your LD quest ! :wink:

wheres R’lyeh island located? sounds like a crazy place lol

LOL ! In South Pacific, according to H.P. Lovecraft. :content:

I have been practicing the MILD method at night and while I do that I start slipping away on focusing on to get a lucid dream :grrr:

What do I do? :confused:

Simple, keep focussed, and practise makes perfect. Don’t abandon a certain technique after 3 tries because it gave no results or seemed hard to do (which is something very common). Good luck with it!

I am new here, your post about techinques and advice kind of works but than again i have no idea what i am doing. I just heard about this site and dont really know what to do. I know about all the techinques and rc’s. I think MILD will work for me. But that said i need all the :help: i can get. By the way how do i get an avatar?

Hi Titan, welcome to the forum.

Seems to me that you should just start using the MILD technique, perhaps combined with WBTB if you have enough time for it, and see what it gets you. If you want an avatar, you have to upload one somewhere and link it in your profile, or chose one from the presets there.

Thanks a lot!

thanks im a high motivated/slow sleeper but whenever i wake up at 4 in the morning i want to do nothin but go back to sleep so i think wbtb would be good for me too.

Wow this guy is pretty useful, I shall read it again from time to time.

Hey thanks for creating this guide. It really helps out and know I know some techniques for Lucid Dreaming! :ok:

Great guide. i hope it works
But a small question…

if u see a movie that u like and want to live… what do u do thendo u use some cind of WILD or WBTB then mixing them like laying down and seeing the movie (in ur head) while saying (in ur head) I’m dreaming-I’m … (name of a thing/charackter in the movie that u want to be…) is that going to work?..’'im not so experienced :smile:

Well you could become lucid first and THEN go to your movie scene. Doing the WILD/WBTB techs could probably make you dream about them, but you’d have to make sure to realize the fact that it was a dream though. RC as much as possible and it ought to go a bit smoother. :wink:

Man thats an awesome guide …i hope this is going to induce my first LD. :cool_laugh:
Hopefully all the inexperienced get to read this guide :content:
Great work :cool:

Great guide man its a must-read for LD fan.

thx for compacting all that info into one easy to read post. It gets me excited to start trying to trying to stimulate my own LD’s :cool_laugh:

Nice little article :smile:

Just one question though, how you do know if you fall asleep fast or slow ? I mean, I don’t take an hour to fall asleep, but I’m not like my dad who can fall asleep within two minutes (seriously !).

I normally fall asleep within five to ten minutes, depending on how sleepy I am and the amount of distraction around me (noises coming from outside or other rooms in the house, light suddenly shining in my room, etc). But is that fast or slow ? :smile: