The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

I’m horrid at visualization, could i improve that in a LD?

Thanks for technique, Pedro :smile: It seems to be good, but i have problem:

I imagine my dream room every time, i imagine how my mom comes and says to do RC, i do RC, say to her: I AM DREAMING, and she says: Come throught that door…

I repeat it over and over, and when im near sleep, it gets VERY hard to stick at that mind. I mean i start thinking of skiing, smth else… If i try to push my mind back to that room, i dont remember what should my mom say and dont rememer nothing… I tried to do that, but i fell asleep, nothing happened, i didnt dream about that room…

Where’s my problem ? :sad:

oh, btw, i never dream about that whati was imagining about… .I mean i never dream about film that i saw or friend that i saw that day. I always dream about such crazy things, like old classfriends, exploding flowers, dinosaurs :-/ bah… why is that ?

I will try do to this a couple of nights. I mean, I can’t lose a LD of it? :smile:

Pedro, almost one year later, your post still lives on. I just found this site a couple of days ago , but I tried your technique and it worked for me the very first night! I really appreciate what you’ve done here! :smile:

wow thats awesome ilovelucid…im happy for you!!!

Cool, thanks for writing this pedro… I’ll try it tonight. Sounds like it’s gonna work.

Does anyone have any tips for staying focused on visualisations? After only a short while my mind wanders off onto other thing. And any tips for making visualisations in general more vivid?

printed, and placed near the bed. i think this should do a lot better than any book.

Pedro!!! GREAT ARTICLE!!! I tried this for my 5th attempt at LD but kinda failed. I didn’t know that i was doing this method. Now i will try it exactly as you said it. Again great article.

P.S. I am in a heavy metal band and play guitar. Do you think that i can get better at guitar if i practice in my dreams. I am thinking of being on stage playing guitar with the band Pantera for my first LD. I hope i can get the solos down.

Well i have been out of the dreaming for a while untill today after school… when i had an unplanned LD… just came home went to sleep and did an RC in my dream… voila went lucid… Your technique really sounds good, definately gunna try it tonight… thanks

Excelent article!! Very easy reading. I will try it tonight. And I had never heard of mind models, I’ve always thought of it as “Internal World Representation”. Mind model is so much shorter :smile:. I’ld go further and say your brain is is much like your eyes and ears. It’s not you but rather a tool for thinking.

Thanks for sharing your great technique. (Perhaps I should be saying that after I’ve tried it.)

My plan for a dream is simply falling from a cliff and knowing I need to do an RC to save myself.

great post pedro! and as for staying focused, i practice focusing on things and i can’t even believe how much my visualization skills have increased, i guess practice!

I haven’t gottent to read ALL of the previous posts yet, but I have read up through page 3, however, I am one of the many of you who find it hard to stay focused on one thought and so I am proud to say I have devised a new method to make it easier, in fact EFFORTLESS.

Materials:
You Need A…

1. Program which allows you to record your voice and render it as an MP3 file.

2. Device that functions as one of the following…

• An MP3 player ( this is what I use ).
    • A CD player with a cd burning program.
    • A computer next to your bed.
  3. Technique to speak in a calming, reassuring and relaxing voice.

4. Incubated VILD dream already typed and thought out.

5. PC Recording Microphone.

6. A reliable pair of headphones.

What To Do:
You Need To…

1. Open your recording program.

2. Read your incubated VILD dream into the PC Recording Microphone being sure to use your calming, reassuring and relaxing voice.

3. Render your file as ‘My Incubated VILD’ and save it to a place you will always be able to easily access it.

4. If you do not sleep next to a computer with a reliable pair of headphones, you need to either transfer the file to your MP3 player or burn it on to a CD player that you can take to bed with you.

5. Go to bed listening to your file on Repeat (1) so it continuosly repeats the recording over and over. All you have to do is focus on what the recording of your own voice (speaking in 1st person) is saying and you are guaranteed better results!

The reason why I like this so much is because I can place more of my energy into visualization rather than trying to remember my incubated VILD. Be SURE to have your volume set to a level that you can hear and focus on what is being said on your recording yet not too loud that you can not go to sleep!

Be sure tell us YOUR results!

hmmm that actually sounds promising

Yup, I actually now use this with MILD and WBTB. I use MILD affirmations that I listen to as I go back to bed. They are actually the last part of my 40 minute CD I made.

The first part is Holosync - Super Stress Release followed by Dr. Laura DeGiorgo’s Lucid Dreaming Supraliminal and finished off with a full body relaxation excercise in which I have a recording of my own voice walk myself through and THEN three sets of about 24 affirmations. It workds good. I just recently finished so I have yet to see how well it works with WBTB!! :smile:

Wow! This is an AWESOME sounding thecnique! Im sure to try this out tonight!! You are a genious Pedro :content:

Insane article! I read it front top to bottom! I’m definitely going to give this a shot. My dream to enter the world will be Matrix style, walking up to a payphone and getting a friend to ask me if I’m dreaming and to do an RC, etc. I’ll try to get me recorded to and dump that on the iPod. I know that would help a lot too. I’ll post back if I see results :smile:

I tried this technique, but it didn’t work for me yet. I visualized being in a room and two friends telling me to do an RC. But after I go through the visual about 3 or 4 times, elements of the room start changing, and the clothes my friends are wearing change as well. Also, the things they say to me start changing, and I have to concentrate on getting it right. This happens as I start to slip deeper into sleep. Any ideas?

This is only my opinon i’m not sure if you should follow it or if its correct but it sounds like your at the stage of losing all logic in your thoughts and everything becomes abstract and random, at that point your almost asleep so you could either keep attempting to repeat the dream setup or let yourself drift off and see if you dream you incubation.

again I’m just thining out loud.