How long are your LD's?

Hmm. My first was about 20 seconds, my second was 5 minutes, and night before last, I had one that was an estimated 10-30 minutes long. (how’s that for specific??) I found that in the long LD (high-level, too!), I could make everything more realistic and less … real, I suppose, at the same time by examining my hands. (The seven or eight fingers on one hand thing freaked me out for a second! :eek: )

Sorry about the horribly off-topic post there. I really felt the need to brag about my achievement! :boogie:

My longest one is 10 secs.

But who knows maybe reality is a dream is shared by everyone and we’re LDing eternally? :neutral:

Longest was about 10 minutes. In general they are 10 sec to 2 minutes for me :sad:

JaRoD - ooh ooh, try my tech if you haven’t. Y’know the one, with the looking and the touching and the GLAABIN!!

I think I can help I had a few lucid dreams by now and in one I was thinking I have to stay lucid and I recorded my voice : I am dreaming and I will stay lucid till I want that it fades away and it helped I was lucid for about an hour and then I was affraid that I wouldn’t here my alarm to go to school so I got back in my dream I hoped you liked my advice :happy: :content:

My longest LD was four hours, the shortest not even a second. (That was the best dream ever!) (Then again it depends on the meaning of time that passes IN the dream, it could be anywhere for me: from one second to billions of years :smile: )

My longest LD was 20 minutes. Then the second longest was 10 minutes. My average duration for a LD is about 1 or 2 minutes.
I mean, duration in real time, not in dream time.

I cant really tell how long my dreams are… It seems to me like they are only 2 minutes. But the things I do in my dreams would take much longer then two minutes. It would be more like… 10 - 15 minutes… but still it only seems to be around 2-5 minutes :eh:

I can’t tell how long my dreams are. I had a dream last night that, in my dream, took a whole day. But in relity it only took a hour :obe:

Title was: How long would you say an average lucid dream is?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

For me it’s usually not much longer than a minute

It varies from person to person.

For some, it may be a minute. For overs it may be more.
For me personally, I suppose and average one may last 10 to 15 minutes. And a long one may lst up to 30/40 minutes.

You’ll find that your first LD’s are short, but as you get more experienced, they start to get longer and longer :smile:.

Hi fishdabaz! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:
I merged your topic with a previous one about the same subject, so you can find more answers and they are not scattered in the forum.
I’m looking at my DJ and I answer you immediatly. :smile:

Hmm… Longest; for about 1.5hours, normaly; only 20-45min.
and som; for about 10sec to 20sec (dependig if im “slipping away”). Usualy i wake up by noise in my room (to day i woke up by a bee, actualy (after 1min LD’ing)) or closing my eyes by mistake (opening them wakes me up :tongue:)

Here is a little histogram of my LD durations.

The average duration is about 3 mn, but as you can see, it doesn’t sound. A mathematical mean has significance when the histogram follows a gaussian curve, what is not the case.
Only 1 LD in 3 is a “good” LD, which lasts 2 minutes or more.
Only 1 LD in 5 is a “very good” LD, which lasts 5 minutes or more.
But I’m not a “very good” LD’er… :tongue:

hey everyone

last time I posted was probably about 3 years ago. so… Im back. probably for good, Ive been having several lucid dreams naturally lately so I decided to get back into it so I can have even more LDs…

so i was wondering…

1. whats the longest LD you’ve had?
  2. how long does your LDs usually last?

You’ll find my reply in the previous posts. It has not changed. I merged your topic with this one, about the same subject.

If you really make lucid dreaming a lifestyle change you can eventually have lucids that last for many hours. It really depends how much you want it.

My shortest LD seemed to last a minute or so. My longest LD I’ve had so far seemed like it lasted around 45 minutes. Of course these are guesstemations and I dont realy know for sure. :content:

Unfortunately for me, my LD’s barely last anytime… i am yet to have a good, long LD.
My longest LD would have been around 3 or so minutes (in RL time) and my average would be around 5-10 seconds :sad: Pretty bad, but im workin on it…

MiTcHy