How did YOU learn to LD?

My first induced lucid dream took a month. It was an unintentional WILD. I learnt from this site and some others. Almost anything can be learnt from the internet.

I had my first LD after reading patricia’s garfield “Creative Dreaming” :smile: From then on I just couldn’t stop :wink:

nb: i made this topic sticky :smile:

1 Like

sticky :cool:
But Q, did you simply read about it and then LD without putting any effort in it?
Didn’t you have to try MILD and RC’s for some time before you could LD every now and then?

Autosuggestion is when you suggest to yourself to do something in the future, so that it (hopefully) enters your subconcious mind so that you’ll have a better chance of accomplishing whatever you want to do.
If I wanted to use autosuggestion to help me lucid dream, a good excample would be to write down on a piece of paper; Tonight I will have a lucid dream, and then write my signature, or repeat to myself before bed, “Tonight I will have a lucid dream,” a few times in my mind.
Be careful not to try tooooo hard, this can limit your success with autosuggestion.

Isaac, it was like a MILD technique described in the book - just relax and tell yourself you are dreaming - et voila, i was lucid that night :smile:

I have to admit, I have done lucid dreaming before, way back when I was 12, I learned to stop bad dreams. I finished that so I stopped! Once again when I was 16ish i learnt again and yet again stopped! this time I plan not to stop…

I learned to LD in this course of events;
My friend and I were discussing just weird things
Suddenly he brings up OOBE’s and says stuff about an OOBE inducer that he was trying to use.
I had no idea what an OBE was at this point, so I said… Wha?
He explained OOBE’s and I found them interesting, so I searched for people’s OOBE’s through google
In one of his OOBE’s a guy mentions Lucid Dreaming
Again I’m like… Wha?
So I search google for this and find out about LD’ing
I followed the techniques, and since I had excellent dream recall already, I started to LD almost instantly

I heard once about “astral plane” and tried without success a sort of WILD technique.
Many years later, I found in Castaneda’s books a DILD technique : you have to find your hands in a dream. I tried it and had results in 2 weeks.

I first heard about LDs in a discussion on another forum about some dream herb. I had no idea that anything like LDs existed, and luckely I was bored enough to click a link to this site.

When I saw this forum all my scepticism disappeared. There were simply too many LDers here.

So then I first started practising my dream recall (autosuggestion). I at once went from remembering 4-5 dreams each month to remembering an the equal number every night :smile: I kept a DJ and within a week (or two?) I started doing MILD. One week (or two?) later I had my first LD. It was very low level, and my recall of it was bad, but I knew I had done it!

YAY :smile:

I have always had natural LD’s a few times every year. Not very often, but they have always come for some reason. So I can’t say I’ve really learned how to LD. I first started to pursue LD’s after I had searched for “how to manipulate your own dreams” on Google (since I wanted more LD’s although I wasn’t aware of the phenomenon and its term) when I was 13-14 and came across this site. Since then I have been trying a little with the techniques although I can’t say it has been very seriously and it hasn’t boosted my amount of LD’s very much. All in all, I can just sum up to that LD’s just come. Being aware of the phenomenon increases the possibility in having more LD’s.

Hey, your back! :smile:

Actualy, my first LD come after a month when i stoped trying to have them, and quited LD4ALL :smile: it was naturaly caused…
Dont try too much…

(all of my ld’s are some time after i stop to try and read the forums. funny…)

I started out just keeping a DJ. I’ve done this for about a month and noticed no real change in my recall. I’ve always has a pretty good recall anyway so I moved on to WILD/MILD. I’ve done this for about two months and found myself just falling asleep with WILD , and had no luck with MILD. I had one LD in almost a year trying. Out of all the things you can do in a LD the main thing I would love to do is visit a particullar place (a fictional place of course). My urge to come to this place is soo strong it alone is what keeps me trying. There is no doubt in my mind that one night I shall visit it. :smile:

I first realized that I was lucid dreaming when I was pretty young maybe 9 or 10 years old. At the time I did not know it was called lucid dreaming. It started for me when I would have dreams that felt funny or that I knew were turning bad. I would shake my leg or close my eyes really tight to wake myself up because I realized I was dreaming and wanted to make it stop before it turned into a nightmare.

I wish I knew back then that I had more control over the outcome of my dreams. :eh:

Now, as an adult, I noticed that by keeping a dream journal it helps me to not only recall my dreams and interpret them more, but also to distiguish a regular dream from a lucid dream, astral trip, or OBE experience. Writing dreams down in a journal helps you to remember dream patterns even if you may not go back and read what you wrote very often. Just writing it down in a journal helps with remembering them. I feel this is the first step to having lucid dreams.

I found lucid dreaming on the internet when I was looking up hypnosis. I use DILD. During the day, I have a list of events (Example: the next time you here music, the next time you hear the phone) to ask myself if I am dreaming, so I will ask myself when I am asleep. I also wear tinfoil on my feet at night, which I heard about on this topic: https://community.ld4all.com/t/foil-induced-lucidity-method-was-an-april-fools/13309
Using this tequnique, I became lucid two days after I started trying. That night, I had 3 LDs!

I’m still learning to keep myself lucid. I actually started ld’ng before I came to this forum. I’m very fortunate that it just happens with me and I don’t have to try. Although, I can very likely improve my experience if I were to be more diligent w/practice things.

This is why I’ve finally decided to keep a dj.

I got interested in LDing and got this book called Creative Dreaming by a female author.

I had my first LD before i even completed that book.

I didn’t use any techniques besides reality checks.

Patricia Garfield, I think. Is it interesting? Is it always possible to find it?

My first LDs were back when I was about 5 years and older. Back then pretty much 100% of my dreams were nightmares, so I used LDing to my advantages. I would say to myself “Hey, I’m dreaming!” And then I could get myself to wake up at the scary part of the dream. Now though I used mainly these forums to help me LD (and this time it’s for fun :wink:).

I have yet to have my first LD, although my brother had his first one within 10 days. Although what I found interesting was that hre told me, he didn’t use any RCs or other techniques (MILD, WILD,etc.), he just simply THOUGHT about the IDEA of LDing a lot. He said it worked for him!