Snape's Dream Journal - Harry Potter Series

Fellow WILDmen and MILDmen,
I’ve been a Harry Potter fan for about 6 months and have read all the books. During the time I read the HP series I had so many dreams that were influenced that I thought I would post them here (didn’t want to post directly in my Dream Journal thread, just to keep things neat). Hope you enjoy, be sure to let me know if you have had an HP dreams!!! (then I won’t feel like such a… nerd :wink: )

Part 1 of Snape’s Dream Journal:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/snapes-dream-journal/13177

7th Jan
Ron’s Sister

I’m in a room which looks a little like a room in a kindergarten, and there are lots of toys and kids books here. There is a little girl here, roughly six years old and we’re doing acrobatic type tricks together. I ask her who she is, and she says that she’s Ron’s sister (from Harry Potter) I’m amazed at this fact but at this point she seems to become mute and stops responding.

9th Jan
Uncle Vernon

I’m in the kitchen and uncle Vernon from Harry Potter is standing in our sunroom with his back to the window (Blair Witch style!). As I get closer I can see that he’s roughly handling the two little kittens that I’ve been looking after. As he comes back into the kitchen I’m scared because he’s angry that I’ve been ‘wasting’ money and food on the cats. I’m apologising profusely but he just seems to become larger and more menacing. I lose my temper and lash out at him, telling him that he shouldn’t be so tight as there are dead and homeless people all over Asia at the moment from the Tsunami.
We wrestle for a while, and when I have him pinned to the floor my cat comes along and starts playing with and attacking uncle Vernon. My cat seems to know what is going on and supports me. At this point I try to show Vernon a more loving approach and he transform into a much less frightening/intimidating creature.

[color=blue]10th Jan
House Gryffindor

I’m in a forest house. There is a speaker outside which I am using to talk to a crowd of tourists. I’m not sure why this place is a tourist attraction, but it has a very Jurassic Park feel to it. One woman is trying to push her way forcefully into my hut, but I’m threatening to punch her if she steps foot through the door. We end up fighting on the wooden floor but I don’t feel this to be a bad thing as I’m telling her that I’m in house Gryffindor, and that I have the heart of a lion.

Flying to Hogwarts
I’m in the flying car from Harry Potter and my friend is at the steering wheel. A small kitten/bat type creature has just flown in the window and I’m trying to throw it out again. The creature flies back in eventually though and now seems to resemble more of a kitten than anything else. My friend is telling me to leave it in the car as he thinks it’s cute, and that he wants to keep it. I’m still trying to get rid of it though and at one point the bat/cat actually bites me. I give the creature to my friend and leave it at that.[/color]

[color=blue]13th Jan
Phantoms & Werewolves

There’s a town hall where we are setting up for a large party. At some point in the night the electricity fails, and people are annoyed and scare over this. Regardless the party continues into the street, and I get the impression that this is a much larger event than a town hall could hold anyway, more of a New Years Eve event.
The celebrations move to a remote location somewhere on a farm or in the bush. My family and high school friends are all here. There is some sort of altercation between my aunt and uncle, involving me.
A storm has started and everyone is scared, so I follow mum and the crowd of people through the scrub as we try to find shelter (there are hundreds of us!).
I’m in a field/paddock, which is not far from the place where the celebration took place. There is a black, menacing figure floating in the next field. I can see my cat over there, and I know I have to save him. I jump the fence and run over to pick him up. The menacing figure has spotted me and floats quite fast in my direction so I run back towards a village, where there is a small group of people standing in the field. As I look behind me I can see that the black figure has turned into a less threatening werewolf. I scream to the people to help me – they chase another werewolf away but there is still one here with me. The werewolf closes in on me and I have no choice but to defend myself, so I punch the werewolf in the jaw. This seems to work as the wolf is now more wary of me and doesn’t seem as threatening as before.

Leviosa
I’m laying on a stool (very uncomfortable, to be sure!) and my dad is here with some people, though not paying attention to me. I’m trying to make myself levitate. I say “Leviosa!” and I float gently off of the stool. I want to show this to dad, so I float back down to the gound and ask him to watch. This time I try to levitate but I keep saying “Leviosa” and nothing is happening. I start to spin around horizontally (think of a star fish), as though turning like a top.[/color]

14th Jan
Wizards Bookshop

I’m in a bookshop for witches and wizards, which is quite large. I go into a side-room at the back of the shop, which seems to be dedicated to Hogwarts students. At first I find a ceramic looking owl candy I’m obsessed with, but then something else take my attention.
I find a wand which has been wrapped in a folded up cloak and I can’t believe my luck and I’m really excited. I try on the cloak and give the wand a quick shake and tap, but become quickly embarrassed as the storekeeper looks in my direction. I realise that everything in this little room is for witches and wizards. I look at various other cloaks including a Chinese style one. I’m trying to pull stuff from in front of the mirror so that I can see how I look in it, but for some reason I can’t. I realise how messy I’ve made the room and I start to reorganise it, though after I’m finished it looks nothing like when I first came in. The store keeper calls something out and I mistakenly think that they’re closing, but she tells me it’s okay she was talking to the other store worker.

15th Jan
Muggle Mathematics

I’m at class at Hogwarts. I’m glad that we’re back from holidays as I really love wizard school. I’ve arrived late, but for some reason I’m quite a popular student and am able to make jokes in class (and seem to be the centre of attention). We are learning about Muggle Mathematics and the teacher asks a question , I can see the answer has to be 12 x 12 (+) 12 x 2 = 168, but someone else arrives at this answer before me.
At some point I go back to Ron’s house.

16th Jan
“Confundius!”

I am standing backstage of a theatre and there is a snake here which I am pointing my wand at, yelling “confundius” repeatedly. This has the expected effect of confusing the snake, though somebody tells me that I shouldn’t cast the spell so many times in a row as it could backfire.
The snake has turned into my cat.

[color=blue]18th Jan
“Accio” – Beer & Jam

I’m using my wand to practice summoning objects. I try to summon a jar of jam and I succeed! The jar magically appears in the palm of my hand, with no more than a little ‘pop’. Excited at the possibilities this presents, I try to summon a bottle of beer but only manage to get an empty bottle. Next I try for a six pack. I visualise it clearly in my mind and try the incantation twice, but it fails. On the second incantation an electrical feel fills the air and a kind of vibration can be felt. A fire has started, after a lamp fell off the table, which seems to have been caused by my misdirected energies when attempting to summon the beer. Whoops :tongue:

Magical 50 Something
I’m wearing funky 70’s clothing, and I’m getting out of my mums car. All of my family are here. I ask why we are dressed this way and my uncle says something about being 50. I appear to be an older friend of the family, instead of myself. I’m trying to explain to them who I really am and that I can do magic, but I’m unsuccessful. We’re at my papas house where there’s some sort of party. I try my magic with no success and I become very unpopular. I decide to run out the door in embarassment.

Gryffindor Jewels
I’m wearing karate type robes of red and yellow, which resemble ceremonial robes warn by the elite of house Gryffindor. I’m walking through a playground that is located next to an oval. I walk over to the oval and can see people sitting around the perimeter, though I’m not sure exactly what they’re doing they are wearing similar robes to myself and seem to be practicing some form of martial arts, or perhaps a sport. I return to the playground and begin to climb a ladder which is situated on some kind of a retaining wall. As I climb the step I realise that there are some purple crystals or gems growing in the earth, and I try to dislodge some of them. I notice that they are very beautiful.[/color]

[color=blue]27th Jan
Cousin’s not Muggles!

I’m out the back of my cousin’s house trying to fly my new broom. I don’t seem to be having much success, though I keep getting interrupted because I can’t do this while my Muggle Aunty and Uncle keep interrupting me.
I’m at my cousins’ house telling Ben that it’s okay if he wants to go to Hogwarts tonight, but I would prefer if he would also be able to come back tonight. At some point Ben morphs into my cousin, and I tell her that she can use my broom to fly there as my broom is much faster than hers. She seems happy with this and tells me that she should be back in about twenty minutes. I try to fall asleep in her bedroom but with little success, I’m too excited at the prospect of returning to Hogwarts. I want to read something about Hogwarts, just to prove to myself that it does in fact exist. Someone is here with me, and he walks into my others cousins room and comes out with a book about Hogwarts. I’m relieved at this, as I have something from the ‘Magic’ world to keep me in touch. This guy also goes into my Aunt and Uncles room, and comes back out with a Dictionary of Magic.

Nightclub
I’m at a nightclub and I’m about to go on with my friend. On entering club it becomes more of a hotel. I’m trying to explain to my friend that I go to Hogwarts, that regardless of what she has read about Hogwarts it is in fact a real place but I can’t get her to believe me.

Magical Shrinking Alley
I appear to be out in a dark alleyway, walking along with some characters from Harry Potter (Mr Weasley stands out in my mind). I tell them that I’m finding it hard to maintain a belief in magic and Hogwarts. I point at a wall and say “see, that’s real. How can I say the same of Hogwarts?” Someone points his wand at the wall and it recedes magically into a tiny alleyway, through which only a miniature person could possibly fit. I look into this alleyway and see a small person running along it, which convinces me that I must have more belief in magic without requiring constant proof that it exists.

Hogwarts Hotel?
I’m at Hogwarts, though it appears to resemble more of a hotel than a school. I’m walking down some stairs, saying to someone that I’m glad I’m here to experience this, but I’m afraid that at any moment it will all fade, as if it’s a dream. I enter a bar area and there’s a guy here who I seem to know. He says he’s been waiting for me. He appears familiar though I’m not entirely sure why.
[/color]

30th Jan
Sleigh Ride

I’m riding a snow sled down a steep hill, in the middle of a downpour of snow. Ron is here with me. I vaguely recall something about riding in a bus and taking over the drivers seat from the bus driver as we are driving along dirt back roads.

2nd Feb
High School Exams

My teacher is chasing me through the hallways of my old high school, and chases me all the way to my next examination – Chemistry. He runs into the room in front of me and I run in straight after him (as though I’m chasing him) and I almost trip over, bump into a desk and lose my balance. The students in the class are amused at my antics, so I quickly take a seat and ready myself for the chemistry exam. Partway into the exam our teacher, Professor Trelawney (Harry Potter) tells us to put down our pens and pencils. She draws an elaborate symbol on the blackboard and begins to dance in a very odd and stupid manner. The class are forced to watch as we are lead to believe that this is our examination. Many students are annoyed at this, as they had spent hours upon hours studying for this exam, where as I am just amused that our exam is to watch Professor Trelawney dancing. Before she finishes, our real Chemistry teacher walks in and takes over. He begins removing supports etc (poles that run up into the ceiling) though he doesn’t realise that the poles actually go up into the ceiling, and manages to rip holes in it.
After we have all reseated we are watching some movie or something on the projector, and I am making many jokes etc to other students. I seem to be incredibly popular as everyone is laughing with me, and smiling at me. Even the teacher has a measure of patience with my jokes and popularity. At one point somebody makes a joke about me and everyone laughs. I feel incredibly betrayed and made fun of, but I didn’t hear what the joke was so I ask the person standing up. He tells me what the jokes was (Something about me being stupid) but after my surge of anger and betrayal I notice that people are laughing in an affectionate type of way, rather than laughing at me. I point to the teacher and pretend to be angry, saying “How dare you allow your class to continue in such a disorderly fashion!”. Although the teacher is still amused, she docks 50 points from house Gryffindor, though this doesn’t really seem to upset me or any of my classmates.

Pretty interesting dreams, a lot of it looks pretty pre-lucid, like where you act and have abilities as though you were in a LD. Have you tried to use any of these recurring dreamsigns (hogwarts, magic, whatever) to become lucid with autosuggestion / MILD?

Nope! The problem is, that the last time I had any Harry Potter type dreams was on the 2nd of February (which was a good 3 or 4 weeks ago). I do, however, dream about my cousins almost every single darned night, but regardless of the amount of MILD that I practice I can’t seem to recognise when i see them that I’m dreaming!! I’ve just realised that I need to focus more when I awaken at 4 in the morning, to focus my intention and to make it clear at that point. Sorry if I don’t make much sense, it’s 5:30 here and I just got back from the nightclub :cool:

Those are cool! :happy:

I used to be a fan too. I still enjoy reading the books and I must watch all the movies(still haven’t seen the second one) but I’m not obsessed with Harry Potter anymore.

Some weeks ago I had a dream where I was walking on a crowded street(muggles all around), wearing hogwarts robes(stupid me huh?). And I was with a boy who also wore Hogwarts robes. I had a feeling that he was Ron and I was Hermione(I’ve never been obsessed with her though :eh: ). Harry(my favourite character) wasn’t there…It felt like he had died and wasn’t with us anymore. :sad:

That was me! I think we attended first year at Hogwarts together!!:wizard:
It’s funny you say that, coz I always dream that Ron is in my dreams and Hermione has never been in any of my dreams - though it feels that I am Harry (in a way).

:cool_laugh: I don’t know what to say…

Then again, I do have brown, naturally a bit wavy and thick hair and hazel eyes. lol.

Keep posting your dreams. They’re interesting. :wink:

Oh I will, but not in this thread as this is my ‘Harry Potter’ series of dreams only, see my DJ in the Dream Diary section of the forum!! (though I’m only posting my Lucid dreams and WILD attempts over there at the moment)

Take care,
S

Aaah! I meant the Harry Potter dreams. :happy:

Hey Snape! I’m also a really big Harry Potter fan (ever since my grade 8 teacher made me read the first one lol!)

I find that I get a lot of Harry Potter dreams right before a book comes out, and right after. So I’m hoping I can use things from Harry Potter as a dream sign when the sixth book is released!

Your dreams are interesting, they’re fun to read! keep posting!