Music to listen to

merged topic “What are good songs to encourage relaxation?” into “Music to listen to”

I always thought this was-- iuma.com/site-bin/ramgen.ram … sid=524581

My bro wrote it with his band Bel and the Dragon :tongue:

More of Bel and the Dragon mp3s here-- iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Bel_and_the_Dragon/

Okay, Space Distortion has now been posted. This is just the wave wash with drones and tones (no vocals are other sounds). Everyone is very welcome, but I dont want to underhand Tamas Labs. This is only 1 part of 4 tracks on the Space Distortion release. If you like it, please purchase some full cd releases by Tamas Labs, let’s keep them in business so they can keep putting out great stuff. I beleive in supporting folks who are doing great things out there!

They are available at audiostrobe.com/.

Thanks!
phoen+

(download space distortion Part I)
phoenelai.livetechno.net/SpaceDist.mp3

That site dousnt work for me :neutral:

Or never mind it works fine! :content:

oh i really like

deep forest - sweet lullaby

and some stuff from amethystium very kool!

REALLY obvious one that I don’t think has been mentioned yet:

Silent Lucidity by Queensryche

even has a signal to listen for, a voice midway through the song saying “you can achieve…dream control…dream control…(fade)”

I have a CD I have listened to for years(?) called Ambient Music for Sleep, and not every night but often I play it before going to bed. For whatever reason I never thought about it as an RC but a few nights ago I dreamt I was in photography class and heard that music. BAM! Lucid!. Has anyone had much/any success w/ music and reality checks?

I tried it once before with a Flaming Lips CD but whenever I heard the song I RC 'ed on I woke up. :sad:

Would that have been Yoshimi battles the pink robots? :happy: … that cd sure rox :smile:.

Hi everybody,

I’m taking note of all your suggestions with interest. I was just wondering : do you let the music play all-night-long or do you use a Sleep function ?
I admit that if the music stops when you’re sleeping, you can’t hope for hearing it from your dreams, but on the contrary, doesn’t it wake you up ? How do you set the music volume ?

(I may give a try to https://phoenelai.livetechno.net/Lucid_Dream_Induction.mp3 tonight, though I’m wondering the effets of an English speech on a French dream :confused: )

Thanks,
Greg

Hi all,
I tried to sleep listening to this mp3 previously cited.
Went to bed around midnight, on the back.
'must say that I wasn’t pretty reassured by this atsmosphere at first
Finally, I catch some light sleep. At 1:30AM, the CD player takes me out of this resting state (rewind noise that I hadn’t expected). I was still on the back, feeling particularly hot, and with some strange sensation around the throat. I didn’t want to move, but I finally had to. The music was getting on my nerves so I stopped it, I slept on my side and made ND’s.
Around 7AM, I woke up. I set the music to play, slept (on the side), made other ND’s, but when I woke up at 11:30, music had stopped so I can’t know if I slept with or without.
Well, can you tell me if sleeping with music all-night-long is advisable for LDs ? And what about the volume ? :music: :help:

I like a lot of the music mentioned here, but when I sleep I prefer much more ambient and low music. I’ve made a mp3 cd which I play on random when I sleep. Radiohead is my favorite band, so its got some of their instramental tracks like hunting bears and treefingers. It also has a lot of brian eno, specefically his songs for airports. Also there is some instrumental spiritualized, moodswings, boards of canada. Moss Garden by David Bowie is another good ambient toon to snooze to.

my only lucid dream was after listening to sigur ros - agaetis byrjun

what about Sleep by Dandy Warhols?

the halo soundtrack works every time for me

I usually listen to the internet radio, which has a wide selection of music. They have a bunch of ambient electronic music which is great for sleeping and dreaming.

The best site is shoutcast.com, but you can browse even easier if you have winamp. Just search for “ambient” and there should be a few stations that are good. There is one called the “Dream Factory” which plays a lot of ambient tribal stuff, the “DroneZone” which has some darker, more industrial soundscapes, and “Cryosleep” which guarantees zero-beat (ambient sounds only). These have worked the best for me and even help me to fall asleep faster. The best part is that they are free and always play different stuff.

I’m bound to say this, but seriously have a listen to my music. I make a lot of this when it’s getting late, and usually end up thinking about lucid dreaming while finishing a song off, so I can go to bed and try and lucid dream.

Some of my tracks have names that came from dreams, which is really strange.

Have a look on www.velkrosmaak.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk) and let me know what you think.

I find that some Aphex Twin tracks seem to induce LDs for me (2 semi LDs in 2 nights with barely any special technique). Windowlicker is a nice track and some of his other works under other names (Polygon Window for example) are rather relaxing too.

Sigur Ros, yes, it’s good !!

The album () is too cool for meditation it’s very good !!

Sidchip Scratcher - Loopy Thing
Lunaspice - Tixaan
Joshu - Distances
Prisoners of the Sun - Asprin und Cola
Infected mushroom - cities of the future violet vision rmx
Kooler - freefall
FREq - spacechanger
Adrenochrome - Liquid Wonder

All of these are roughly categorised as “psychill” in my music list. I believe psychill is excellent for lucidity. Psychill is basically Chill music (ie relaxing) however it is based on Psychadelic elements, which are chaotic and random… so as the chill relaxes your body, your mind is still stimulated. it is sort of like dance music for the morning when everyone is barely able to stand after a good bush rave. :smile: