What do your hands look like in your dreams?

Ok, I just have to ask this here…I haven’t had a lucid dream yet but I’m interested in trying and well…doesn’t it scare you? To watch your hand morph and stuff? I know it can’t hurt you or anything but if I saw my hand mangled, even in a dream, I would…freak out. Thus quite effectively waking up completely. :confused:

Maybe I’m looking at it the wrong way, if I see my hand looking odd in a DREAM, maybe I won’t mind or even notice unless I do a reality check.

wow this topic has been resurected from the dead :eek: … but my hands appear normal in dreams, though once a DC did show me a reality check, where he shook his hands and then they like elongated and wiggle like paper :cool_laugh:

but to answer your question Adkit, it doesnt really scare you …well me, since i assume its just normal and carry on, you can also proceed to change your hand to normal once you are lucid though… if you wanted :grin:

My hands usually have 6 fingers in my dreams. Especially the left hand, by some odd reason. I use this as a RC and it has worked. :smile:

My nightmares frequently involves hands or fingers. In my dreams I have very small stubby fingers, or just ones taht dont work like they should, while other people have really long fingers that work almost too well, or tentacle-like things on their hands. and for some reason their long fingers scare me very badly.

The first time I LD from a RC was when I was about to get in a fight with this guy twice my size, so I looked at my hands… I saw 6 fingers and say Im dreaming!!! Grabed a pool stick and swang it at him.

I usually don’t notice my hands at all, unless I’m shooting magical bolts of light or something at people, in which case they seem totally normal (if you discount the fact that they’re shooting out sparkly magic spells). But I’m not surprised - when I see my whole body in a mirror, for example, it’s no different than in real life - I notice things like my face, hair, how tall I am and the clothes I’m wearing before I notice anything else.

My hands never jumped out at me, and I never noticed any mutated body parts, so I can only assume they were perfectly normal (well, except my skin is sometimes a little darker than in real life, but that’s in keeping with my body as a whole).

My hands are my favorit RC because every time I become lucid after seeing them. Just about every time I just have an extra finger or am missing a finger. The last time I looked at them i had 6 fingers and it was kind of a shinny silver color, kinda weird.

Usually I have an extra figer, but i’ve had times where the fingers stretched, my hands melted, or the skin didn’t fit right.

Usually i have 6 or more fingers. This is the most successful RC I have so far. (look at my avatar)

I’m new to this and I am yet to have an LD but when I read this coloum It reminded me of a dream I had where each of my fingers had an extra joint on it, maybe if it happens again I’ll notice and “go lucid” heres hoping! :content:

they look lizard like i guess. and i see like the individual layers that make up my hand move all independently. like moving and flwoing without my control.

I never hand RC, but its cool that you get LD of that :tongue:

I don’t have hands usully. It’s like the’re invisible. They still act like hands and all, I just can’t see them.

that sounds kind of like my non-lucid dreams, I thought it was telekineses, but now that I think of it, it could have been that my hands were invisible and my arms could do that loony toons thing, where they stretch to like a mile long.

The only time I’ve counted my fingers in my dream my hands looked perfectly normal, only missing a finger. Though when I re-counted them there were ten fingers so I didn’t get lucid :wallhit:

My hand are usually normal, except the right hand has got six fingers. Once there were so many fingers on each hand that I didn’t bother counting because I got lucid anyway. In my most recent LD, I became lucid when my hand had six fingers and was flat like a pancake.

The hand RC usually works for me. :smile:

My hands are usually just my hands. With the exception of dreams where I’ve taken a different shape, they look exactly like they do when I’m awake

They vary from dream to dream. Sometimes I have too many, sometimes I have too few, one time I had 3 hands. Or like last night, they’ll often appear “ghostly,” more or less, and be somewhat translucent. I’ve even seen them the wrong color a few times. It’s actually pretty interesting to look at them most of the time.

Well I have only done the hand RC in a dream twice, and I didn’t get lucid either time, but it was interesting. The first time they looked normal but there was a white rectangle covering the middle 2 fingers that I can best describe as resembling a graphics bug in a video game. The other time my pointer and middle finger were wrapped around each other and stuck that way.

My hands mostly look normal, except that my thumbs are on the opposite sides of my hands. :smile: