Using a Fan for sleep

I just want to ask any of you if you actually sleep with AC or any kind of fan to sleep? because all nights i use one that most of times is closely positioned beside my bed. Im starting to use the WBTB technique but im afraid the fan im using will make me drowsy instantly again.

So my question is the following: :wink:
Is good to use a fan/AC(low) for achieving lucidity or it just ruin your awareness and make you way very sleepy stoping you from ld?
The only advantage i find with my damn fan is that make me sleep much faster but im afraid it makes me too drowsy for awareness… :help: :help: :help:

:smile: Thanks for Reading :smile:

Maybe i could just put it somewhere not too close, like in the corner of the room spinning around, as long as it is not in my face…lol

I love a fan when I’m sleeping. :smile: and I know a few other people that do too!
… but yes, not towards the face, it might dry out your throat.
The white noise it creates is good to lose yourself in. … or maybe even " Find " :wink:

yeah but DreamAddict do you think that having a fan in front of my face should prevent me from having lds?

Try the FILM method :content:, it might help keep you more aware.

I heard that rock stars sleep with their fans,even on their faces so i think its ok,but dont know much about how it induces lds:)

the white noise of my giant fan on full, even in the freezing cold winter, helps me sleep tremendously well… just because i’m so used to using it while i go to bed.

i don’t think it would make you drowsy unless you specifically focus on the fan noise to fall asleep… if that is the case you will probably want to turn it off for WBTB.

in fact its easier to focus with a quiet room, and helps you hear your “Inner tone” (or at least me, I hear it when I’m in theta)… so yeah I think it would be a great idea to turn the fan off when you do WBTB.

I’ve had a small sized fan next to my bed for the past 4 years or so. I can’t stand to sleep without the whitenoise it provides. Also in summer it keeps me cool and in winter I just point it upwards away from me.

Good thread here, I thought I was the only person who did this.

As for the luciditiy thing, it shouldn’t effect stuff to much. It’s never caused any problems for me.

yeah but anyway i will put the fan somewhere not too close…

I sometimes keep my fan on when I sleep, but lately it gives me chills and causes me to wake up at night so that I have to turn it off. When it gets a little further in the year I may keep it on.

A fan blowing in my face, on the other hand, would probably keep me up. I think it would keep a constant sensation on my face while I try to go to sleep and may keep me up, but eventually my face might get numb from the constant sensation, and that might cause some weird side effects :happy: I guess it’s more of a personal preference, though.

Welcome to the forum Kenny!

Well i don’t know but in my case the fan make me fall asleep quicker but decreases sometimes the chance of having a ld?

I have a fan airing out my room pretty much all the time.
I have also been playing this new racing game for PS2, Gran Turismo.
The other day, sometime early in the morning I woke up randomly from an ND, but was never fully conscious of what was happening. The noise from the fan sounded like a car engine, and unconsciously, I must have started concentrating on it.
I can’t remember a full dream but I can remember the sensations of racing around in a fast car while hovering between wake and sleep.
At this point I noticed something was going down and thought I was gonna WILD, but I just fell asleep for another few hours.

I sleep with a fan next to my bed only about a foot from my face. It does help me fall asleep but doesn’t seem to affect my ability to have lucid dreams.