Yay!

Hey guys! I’m doing my quest for lucidity, and a few nights ago I had a small breakthrough! I had control of my dream for about 10 seconds! I tried to hold on, but I became numb. I started to lose it almost instantly, but I remembered to do the spinning thing (However I forgot to say I am dreaming, I can control my dreams, etc. while I did it :} ) Doing that helped me not to lose it right away. First thing I did: I wanted to see just what I could do while lucid so I took off my glasses and I could still see clearly! :cool: then I made myself real buff, and shortly after that I lost control. I hope I get another (and longer) one real soon!

When you say “real buff” do you mean naked?
If so, that reminds me of an LD I had a couple of days ago, I was desperately trying to hold on to that one! :wink:

Real buff as in muscles

I use nudity to keep myself lucid. It works really well for me.

You should try to look at your hands or the textures of a wall or somthing for a short time when you get lucid in a dream. It usually makes the dream scenario alot more vivid and help stablise the dream.

Looking at my hands did not seem to work for me.
I tried it once and it woke me up!
(well, I tried to look through my hands… )

But maybe I should try it once again and look at my hands instead of through them :wink:

Yeah, maybe you looked on your hands too long… Try to look at somthing else next time, in my last LD i looked at the textures of a stone for a couple of secounds and my dream got very vivid and stable. The trick is to look long enough for your dream to stable, but not too long

I’ll try that.
Thanks Bananeter! :smile:

Yeah, if you stare too long the dream will fade out as you zone into one pinpoint, and you’ll awaken.

I just wanted to add my two cents to bring the oldest topic to the very front again. :happy:

Yeah, I’m usually to impatient to really stabilize the dream, I’ll look at some walls or something next time.