the BIG MILD topic [part II]

Maby it’s a little bit (or a big bit :razz:) off topic, but what’s the point by doing wild as you go to sleep the first time, then?
(I’ve read that pro’s can do that)

You’re right Brambleburr, it’s possible to have LD’s during nREM sleep.

You don’t have dreams in nREM sleep. In the case of WILD, you either…

a)Simply remain conscious through nREM sleep, then go into a dream when you get there.
or
b)Skip right to REM.

I am not sure which though.

actually…
1.Indeed theres much smaller chance to have ld when doing WILD when going to bed first time.WILD tech is to be done after some sleep(but that does not mean one can not try other times)
2.If you sleep deprived REM starts earlier and sometimes even right off

It is said it is possibile to have nonrem lds.I just pointed out that one has no chance to say wheter his/her dream was in REM or nonrem phase without equipment.

What you have quoted means that lds in nonrem can happen wheter you have done WILD,MILD or any -ild

Here is my answer.

About the amount of NREM dreams:

But it seems that this poor dream rate during NREM sleep is only due to a poor dream recall.

Some recent experiments seems to show that there are at least as much nREM dreams as REM dreams.

smacks forhead

I had no idea that your RC’s should be used along with your DS. I was simply doing RC’s whenever I saw something weird, now i’m gonna go through my journal and look at whats common in my dreams. Thank You So Much!

Hello.
I just wanted to inform you guys that I had my second Lucid dream tonight :grin: I think it was like 3-5 min long.

In the past days I have had some problems remebering my dreams
because I`m working on WILD. But yesterday I decidet to fresh up my dream recall so I focus on that. I think I focused so hard on it so it seemed like some kind of MILD.

In my second “big”(longer then just 3 sec) lucid dream I had much more Controll. I even scared a DC friend (not IRL) so much that he suddently was the Hulk!

hehe, I`m really glad that I had this Lucid dream. :smile:

Ps. I postet it here because I used some kind of MILD.

It can sometimes be a very scary experience in a lucid dream.

In my very first proper one, my body felt heavy and I collapsed to the ground under my own weight. I pulled myself out and yelled as loud as I could, ‘INCREASE LUCIDITY NOW!’ and it really worked. That was really the only time I was scared in an LD.

But I’ll tell you something, I frequently get scared of making myself scared in LDs! Because I know if I do that something bad is definetely gonna happen!

Need an explaination, plz
In mild, for the visualization part- do i just visualize an image (like a picure) of myself realizing im dreaming, or like a few seconds (or a scene from a dream) of myself realizing im dreaming?

The last one, Steve.

Thx xetrov
Ive been trying autosuggestion and MILD the past week.
And I almost had a LD last night

From what I understood, it seems like MILD doesn’t always results in a LD, even if practiced every night. I mean, even if you do MILD every night, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re gonna have an LD every night. Cause I got the impression that it’s like that for most people, correct me if I’m wrong.

My question is, do your chances of getting an LD increase overtime if you’re always doing MILD, or does it stop at some point where you’re limited to a certain amount of LDs per week (only using MILD that is) or something?

Hehe, anyone know what I mean? lol. I’m not very good with explanations… :shrug:

Dream on. // Olesia

Olesia,
I’m practising WBTB and MILD every night. I don’t get LD every night. But this technique does work for me. Since I started in November, I am slowly increasing frequency of LDs.

I am trying to find right level of effort using MILD. If I focus too hard I can’t sleep. If I do it too quick, I just get normal dreams.

Yes indeed, like all the techniques which are based upon autosuggestion, MILD doesn’t give you a LD everytime you practice it. It’s a long term technique. You generally have to practice it every night.

I don’t know how you’ll be limited when you practice MILD. It mainly depends on motivation.

I practice WBTB and MILD as often as I can(I always wake up in the middle of the night). I am seemingly limited to about two LD per week. Though, I have had as many as 4 in the same night(early morning). I came here to learn to induce them at will. I will keep trying! But I think MILD is probably the easiest method for beginners. I haven’t tried WILD yet, because I didn’t know about it, but I will now.

So, if you practice MILD every night for 2 years, it’s eventually going to increase the number of LD’s you have per month/week? Because right now I only get about 1 LD/week with MILD (and I can’t do WILD successfully), so I’m just wondering if the number of LD’s is going to increase overtime or not.

Dream on. // Olesia

Olesia, as I said above, it mainly depends on motivation. Pr Laberge said that, when he had to write his thesis, he made a lot of LD’s, about 5 LD’s/week. When his thesis was over, he just had 1 LD/week. When he started again experiments, he had again many LD’s.

Some people noticed they had to change their autosuggestion sentence when their LD’s amount was falling down in order to have LD’s again.

My experience is that your suggestion sentence has to engage your mind. If its just repetitive words, you ignore the meaning and don’t become lucid.

Asclepius: Good point.

I’ve seen my comment mentioned before but I can’t help but see that MILD is more of an enhancing technique rather than a resultive technique such as WILD or WBTB.

I don’t think it impossible to do but I agree with a post Moog made way back in this thread. MILD’ng on it’s own will produce infrequent LDs but working it with the others makes the probability of LD’ng greater.

The people I’ve talked to, books and materials I’ve read and some of the posters here seem to use MILD along with something, very few on their own.

Every weekend I get tempted to try WILD, and end up spending hours on the edge of sleep, vainly chasing HI. So far 0 WILDs. But quite a few MILDs.

Initially I only had LDs when using WBTB plus MILD. Now I’ve had some LDs during first REM cycle using MILD before I go to sleep. When I recognize the DS and become lucid, I know I’m lucid and don’t have to try RCs.

I am still practicing, but getting better (more LDs, longer LDs). My version of MILD is based on LaBerge’s writing.

I remember a ND with a DS that I missed, I recall the scene and imagine that in the dream I recognized the DS, and become lucid.
I tell myself
“The next time I am dreaming I will Remember to Recognize that I am dreaming.”
Then I rearrange this sentence using different versions.
e.g. “I will remember when I’m dreaming to realize that I’m dreaming.”

Try to emphasize memory (just like telling yourself to wake up a specific time), and recognition (you will think in the dream about DS proving its a dream). Try to keep these thoughts in your head as you fall asleep.