WILD Quest

Last night, I got in bed and I decided I made a real try with WILD!
I seem to have know problem but to continue dreaming. Usually the dream starts apearing as voices and HI. When I get conscious that the HI is there, and that they are part of the dream, the dream kicks my ass out!

Well
Last night, I got to bed and started “meditating” noticing my thoughts and all that, but at a very “begginer” level.

One thing I noticed is that my thoughts come out mixed with other thoughts that I can’t really tell what they are. OK I can, it’s those “voices”. I have the normal thought going on and than the voice, interupts and deviates it.

At a certain point I was hearing a man say something stupid. I then noticed it was a fat man near a car talking to his son! (this is what I call HI) It was the begging of a dream.
As I noticed this, the dream faded a bit, but I forced myself to stick with it.
I decided to leave the man behind and go search for a door to enter the dream! :content: LOL
I quickly found a door or made one, 'cause the set was always changing, and entered the emergency stairs of a ShoppingMall(that is real) near my house. It was very dark and I decided to go up!
I walked(climbed?) the stairs up again and again and again, always moving to the next platform.
It was still very dark and I found no doors.
I decided that I would find a door to enter the dream in the next platform, but as I got up there, there was no door.
The I decided I would find the dream in the next platform, but it wasn’t there.
I started getting anxious and bored and I decided to wake up.
Wake up turned around laying on my belly know, back facing the top, and fell asleep.
When I turn my self around I usually have much less ability to WILD!

OK - I think I’ve wrote a pretty long and boring report. I must mention that the dream was always in “fading-out-mode”, it was very little vivid it - should be considered an imagination exercise. But I still believe this can be an effective way of entering the dream.
This is what I’d call a VILD attempt.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to [b]break-through/b?
I believe the dream fades because I’m affraid of what I might find out out there in my mind! :bored:

Also, I tried rubbing my hands but I had no effect! I noticed I had three pairs of hands, the hands in my dream, the hands of my body (IRL), and the hands of prolly my astral body. I noticed I could imagine another set of hands a little above my body and rub them aswell! ::strange.::

thanks in advance,
peace@us.all :content:

Hi phatidico,

That was a nice try. If rubbing hands dont work, try to shout “increase lucidity now” or something similar, it has worked for me lately when the dream was very low on visuals. I dont think you’re afraid to find out what’s in your mind, this fading into blackness just seems to happen to everyone now and then. It might depend on the stage of sleep you are in, perhaps visual cortex is less active or so. Anyway, i’d suggest keep trying because you already got pretty far into the dream, so you might have a gift for WILDing! Good luck :smile:.

Phatidico, it wasn’t boring at all. I found your report very interesting. :grin:

I have some questions. As far as I understand, you did your WILD try just while going to sleep (not after a WBTB). Am I right? I’m very surprised that you reached the HI stage so quickly. How many time did you wait before reaching this stage? (I can wait for hours without any results :sad:)

I just have had 1 sort of WILD experience. It was with the “dream reentry” technique (very useful technique :smile: but generally you need to have a LD before :confused: ) I found myself immediatly in HI. I saw a big chimney and my first (unrationnal) idea was jumping into it, because I believed then that the falling feeling could lead me to a LD. What worked. :happy:
Thus I think that, when you are in “fading-out-mode”, there is perhaps a possibility of making the dream to look more real in doing things like flying, falling, etc. I don’t know if I’m right, maybe could Xetrov correct me.

Yeah, it was shortly after I went to bed!
The less “conscious” I was the stronger the HI-visuals were. As soon as I remember, yeah, this is the dream , it fades away! =(
I have some kind of HI all the time! Whenever someone is telling me a story, I always visualise it. For instance a friend told me a story about his room. He told me that he was smoking joints and then lyed in the bed and simply passed out! hehhe - I formed an image of that happening and when I went to his house I compared it with the Real Room! :content: When I am remembering things or imagining future things I usually visualise them. - Doesn’t this happen to you?
I do this in bed so when things start not making sense I know I’m starting to dream! :content:

OK, so you suggest I put my frustration and anxietis asside and keep going into the dream! Ok - I’ll try it! :content:
Thx :content:
peace@us.all

Indeed, and especially spinning and falling (flying might be dangerous, I never tried it in this way) can help for dream re-entry if you are somehow totally in the “grey void” (can be pretty black too) just before waking. I use a similar spinning technique for that.

Phatidico, funny you posted that today. :smile: This morning, I was just comparing imagination and HI. I haven’t visuals when I imagine or remember things, only the vague feeling of their forms and location.

I think those images are kind of unconscious, vague.
They happen on a daily basis, so you don’t mind them a lot!
I think we probably do it a lot more than we know of.
Pay attention and check out if this non-visualisation post made you visualize something? If it didn’t or even if it did, start paying attention to that “Am I visualizing?” question.
You’ll probably figure out that you do it a lot more than you’re aware of!

peace@us.all

Last night I hade a good(?) dream experience.
I was wilding and everything was very strange. The dream-scenario was always changing. Every time I got conscious that I was dreaming, the dream would kind of fade. It usually didn’t fade, but something in it changed. At a certain point I found my self talking to my Sub-Conscious on the phone. I really didn’t get to know who it was, but it was kind of obvious. I didn’t remember hearing him ask me questions but I was answering them so I figured out what he was asking. He wanted to know what I really wanted from LD’s.
Thats a tricky question and may very well be blocking my entrance. I have enumerous(spl?) answers to why I might want to LD. In fact I thought about it a lot of times. But the answers are so many I can’t get to the real answer, like the “Who Am I?” answer.
The fact that made me write this, is probably another factor stopping my passage. I think to much and I analise everything (when I can).
I am going to have a hard time before I can really LD.

The other night, I was paying attention to HI, but then attention drift and I stopped minding them. When it came to my mind again, I was inside a real dream, with intense emotions and all! I got lucid, but overwhellmingly(spl? that’s wrong for sure) happy and woke up.
This way, when you notice you’re dreaming later is easier because you get into the deep dream, but harder because you get more excited.
baaaa

thx
peace@us.all

EDIT: despite not having entered the dream, I came out of the attempt feeling like I knew my self a little better. That’s one of the “WANT TO DO’S WHEN LUCID” list.

HEY! I have the exact same problem when i WILD! I get some intense HI and even a story begins to unfold! but right when i realize that I’m in HI it goes away and all of a sudden i’m just laying in bed counting just like when i started. I haven’t figured out yet how to fix it :bored: however, i’m thinking that if this happens to me again i’ll stop WILDing and try a MILD, in an attempt to re-enter the dream that i was just having in my HI. and Basilis West, when i WILD it usually takes me, on average, an hour before some plain HI begins. However, I’m usually so pre-occupied with the counting that i don’t even realize how long it’s been… so it doesn’t really bother me to lay in bed for an hour or two.

First, I imagine you must have been doing some digging. This topic is about 3 years old. Congratulations for finding this topic. I guess… Either way, the same thing is happening to me. I’ll notice that what I’m seeing I guess is the entrance of a dream, and then I feel my eyes flick back to the center of my eyelids. Pretty annoying because I don’t think I would realize its a dream when I am actually in it.