How long are your LD's?

I cant really tell how long my dreams are… It seems to me like they are only 2 minutes. But the things I do in my dreams would take much longer then two minutes. It would be more like… 10 - 15 minutes… but still it only seems to be around 2-5 minutes :eh:

I can’t tell how long my dreams are. I had a dream last night that, in my dream, took a whole day. But in relity it only took a hour :obe:

Title was: How long would you say an average lucid dream is?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

For me it’s usually not much longer than a minute

It varies from person to person.

For some, it may be a minute. For overs it may be more.
For me personally, I suppose and average one may last 10 to 15 minutes. And a long one may lst up to 30/40 minutes.

You’ll find that your first LD’s are short, but as you get more experienced, they start to get longer and longer :smile:.

Hi fishdabaz! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:
I merged your topic with a previous one about the same subject, so you can find more answers and they are not scattered in the forum.
I’m looking at my DJ and I answer you immediatly. :smile:

Hmm… Longest; for about 1.5hours, normaly; only 20-45min.
and som; for about 10sec to 20sec (dependig if im “slipping away”). Usualy i wake up by noise in my room (to day i woke up by a bee, actualy (after 1min LD’ing)) or closing my eyes by mistake (opening them wakes me up :tongue:)

Here is a little histogram of my LD durations.

The average duration is about 3 mn, but as you can see, it doesn’t sound. A mathematical mean has significance when the histogram follows a gaussian curve, what is not the case.
Only 1 LD in 3 is a “good” LD, which lasts 2 minutes or more.
Only 1 LD in 5 is a “very good” LD, which lasts 5 minutes or more.
But I’m not a “very good” LD’er… :tongue:

hey everyone

last time I posted was probably about 3 years ago. so… Im back. probably for good, Ive been having several lucid dreams naturally lately so I decided to get back into it so I can have even more LDs…

so i was wondering…

1. whats the longest LD you’ve had?
  2. how long does your LDs usually last?

You’ll find my reply in the previous posts. It has not changed. I merged your topic with this one, about the same subject.

If you really make lucid dreaming a lifestyle change you can eventually have lucids that last for many hours. It really depends how much you want it.

My shortest LD seemed to last a minute or so. My longest LD I’ve had so far seemed like it lasted around 45 minutes. Of course these are guesstemations and I dont realy know for sure. :content:

Unfortunately for me, my LD’s barely last anytime… i am yet to have a good, long LD.
My longest LD would have been around 3 or so minutes (in RL time) and my average would be around 5-10 seconds :sad: Pretty bad, but im workin on it…

MiTcHy

A friend of mine (with no reason to be dishonest ever) told me a story which was pretty much our introduction to each other. He told me that he woke up in a grass hut and there was a girl next to him, who he somehow knew was his dream-wife. He got up and realised he wasn’t really in his own body, and went outside. There was an olden day village, in which he met a priest which gave him a vase, and special instructions to take the vase to a special far away place, and told not to break it. He spent the next 60 (yes 60) years travelling the plains, fighting his way through beasts, forming relationships with people, seeing births, deaths, all whilst carrying the vase. Once he reached the pedestal in a holy church, he went to place the vase on the pedastal, and slipped and dropped it. Immediately the world began to crumble, the universe tearing apart at the seams, underlying the reality was bright red flashes of light, accompanied by piercing shreiking. He woke out of the dream to see his alarm clock flashing red and beeping loudly.

I know the time frame sounds hard to believe but even to this day I can ask him at any timeframe within the dream and he recalls it perfectly, as if he had memorized a book.

It’s what got me totally engrossed in lucidity.

I had a lucid dream which played over a week in dreamtime… :smile:

My longest dream has seemed like an hour but it was only about 20 minutes.

I remember one dream - my first vivid WILD, where I thought that I would be stuck in the dream forever. Yeah sure - maybe about 10 minutes had passed…which is way above average for me. Maybe average duration is 2 minutes.

Shortest: 30 seconds
Longest: 2 days

Normally they last between 10-20mins for me.

2 DAYS!!!

Lucky! :happy:

Mine are, on average, a couple of minutes. My ultimate goal (After acheiving nightly, very vivid LD’s) is to have dreams a few hours lost, to make up for the time otherwise lost dreaming.

My longest one was about 15-20 minutes maybe (in dream time) and my shortest one a second or so (since I woke up almost instantly when I realized I was dreaming). Not counting that one, my second shortest was maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute.

But then again, I haven’t had that many LD’s yet… hopefully I’ll have even longer ones, like day-long ones… that would be wonderful. :dream:

Dream on. // Olesia