Empath

The first part of your comment I can completely relate to.

I definitely need to do some of these things. That night I tapped in to my friends energy for protection. I talked to him over the phone because he’s so dang far. But I need to do this for myself.

Win.

Personally, I just go with the flow. For example, right now I’m really sad. For no apparent reason. But I can tell that something has happened to someone who is having a very rough time. It’s a little late to try to contact this person physically, but when we next meet I will see what is bothering her. But right now, at this moment in time, I can only go with the flow. I can share her pain from here.

But if it’s too much, I will engage in some kind of physical activity to get my mind off things for a while. I like to ride my bike, or play music. Or you could just meditate and clear your mind.

This empath thing; it is quite common for twins to share feelings like that, actually I’ve seen several occasions in which something like that occured. But that’s not really empath, since they can only feel what the other half of the twin feels, not what other people feel.

You can actually develop it. I discovered it on accident while trying some advice from my Buddhist friend.

Oh yeah, and about my being sad the other day. I have some really bad news. I think that the person whose aura I felt is planning on suicide. What’s worse, I’m not sure whether or not I can stop this person, or even whether or not I should stop this person.

What do you mean? Whether or not you should stop this person? I mean yeah if I was dying of some debilitating disease or something already… I would wanna take the pillow express… but what possible other excuse is there?

you can always call her up and ask her how she is doing. Ppl that are so desperate often feel alone and not anybody there to help them, that they see suicide as the only way out.

I know what you mean by whether or not you should stop them… but what if that person actually commits suicide, won’t you feel guilty you knew and didn’t try to do anything for your friend?

You have no idea. I can’t tell you why this person would want to do this. I would be betraying her confidence. Plus…it’s too difficult for me to say. I couldn’t bring myself to explain it even if I wanted to. Let’s just say that the world can be a very, very cruel place sometimes.

Probably. But there’s not much I can do. This person is in a lot of…unpleasant…circumstances, only one of which I can have any impact on. It’s really a cache22 for both of us.

:neutral:

Huh? Why is it gonna disappear?

HaiScai… I’ve never thought of that. Sounds like a plan.

VeryGnawty… I don’t any of us wants you to say why she wants to do this. But you shouldn’t count yourself out. When people cry out like this it’s because they need help. Maybe you can help.

I was talking about the energy from people I don’t know and some of those who make their’s known just to mess with your head. But this person has a bond with you and I think atleast lend a shoulder.

Agreed. When someone tries to confide in you that they are suicidal, it means they want help. That will inevitably mean you’ll have to go against her wishes and tell someone else.

The reason she has told you not to tell anyone is because she fears repercussions from her parents/boyfriend/whatever when they find out. But more harm than good will come from staying quiet… and there isn’t really much they can do to hurt her when the authorities are involved.

VeryGnawty, what of your friend?

i came across this article:

healing.about.com/od/empathic/a/ … ential.htm

has some helpful tips, also a test to see how emphatic you are.

I just started reading it but, Wow! A lot of great stuff. Thanks Q! I think her theory on it developing to keep you safe in your enviroment is very true. I grew up walking on eggshells around other people’s emotions. I scored 100% on the test but it’s very general, so I wonder what others will get. Has alot of great protective stuff too. I’m gonna start doing it regularly.

Definitely some helpful hints on toning the extra stuff out.

Thanks Q.

I was just going over it again and I saw that they had stuff on psychic vampires and energy boundaries too! I wish I had enough guts to send it to a few people I know. Not that they are bad people, they just are too needy and suck me dry I swear. I experience the symptoms of a psychic attack randomly quite often. Very strange. I need to strengthen my shield I guess.
I was just thinking this happens at work the most :sad: . I probably should change my job. (Like to change it anyway :tongue: )

Why would you want to send someone a vampire? I could understand the energy block.

Ever look into mojo bags?

If you cry easily you should prehaps check out this Strong Bad email. It will probably help… a bit… or … not att all realy.

But it is fun :happy: !!!

homestarrunner.com/sbemail109.html

:razz:

:rofl: Not send them a vampire send it to vampires! Nope never looked into mojo bags. Why?
Add LOL! that’s pitiful MorMor!

B/c a friend of mine just told me about how good they are for protection from these sort of things.