How long does it take?

It took me less than one month, but at this point in time, learning to lucid dream is all I have, so I’m pretty motivated.

Tonight I’ll try the VILD technique… let’s see what can be done (I’ll do it in conjunction with Brainwave generator with the Deep theta 4 preset).
I’f I’m lucky this thead will be dead.
:grin:

Ah si? mi consigli in particolare? Quale delle due? :wink:

Hi Gorgoneion! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

There are 2 techniques which use dreamsigns. Reality checks and MILD.
With reality checks, you have to choose dreamsigns which can be found in dreams and in reality too. In real life, when you find a dreamsign, you perform a reality check (for instance, trying to stretch your finger and wondering if you’re dreaming or not). When you’ll do the same in a dream, your finger is likely to stretch so that you’ll know you’re dreaming.
With MILD, when you go to bed, before you fall asleep, you visualize your last dream and when you find a dreamsign, you imagine that it makes you lucid and that you do the action you planed to do in a lucid dream.

The average time is about 3 weeks. With DILD’s techniques (autosuggestion, MILD, RC’s, VILD, etc.) most of the dreamers have had their 1st lucid dream before 3 months. Just have a look at the links in my sig. :wink:

Some parts of the brain are quite switched off during sleep and dream. For instance, you can no more recognize stupid words or silly words associations. :crazy:

Does he give some tips or techniques about LD’ing? And what LD’ing techniques are you using?

I’ll probably go in Tuscany next summer. We’ll rent a big house with friends (most of them are painters). I’m so happy I’ll see at last those beautiful landscapes and towns like Florence or Sienna! :cool_laugh:

“The Gathering” è il forum ufficiale per presentarsi, il “Playground” è per giocare ma secondo me ci si conosce meglio là.

Translation: go get your introduction done man.

BTW, it’s Siena. :wink:

ehilà ragazzi allora ci sono altri italiani :content: :smile: :grin:

I know all my dreamsigns but I don’t seem able to recognize them when I see them in my dreams. For instance a really common sight are guns (personnally I’m no gun lover), so everytime I see one in waking life I ask myself if I’m dreaming but when it comes to dreams I never get to ask myself the question…

THANKS, that’s defenetly good news. I was starting to despair (I’ve started only a month ago). :grin:

Jodorowsky is a famous artist \ poet \ storyteller \ movie director and screenwriter from Cile, Latin-America. He has directed movies such as: “El topo”, “Voyage to the holy montain” or “Santa Sangre” thant in my view are masterpieces. All his productions have a very strong occult and dreamlike taste to them.
In the book “Psicomagia” I don’t know the english title for it, he describes his experience with LD (he is a natural LDreamer) and how LD was important to him in his artwork and his personal developement.
I approached LD because of “Psicomagia” and so I’ve read S.LaBerge’s “Exlporing the worl of Lucid Dreaming” just to have an idea of the subject and it’s possibilities, from then on it was nearly a month ago and I actively started to pursue LD.
I’ve tried the MILD technique and yesterday I tried the VILD techique with Brainwave generator.
I didn’t have LD but I had some (3 in total) of the most exciting dreams in my oneironautical career! :grin:
Brainwave Generator works for me, and this has opened a lot of new possibilities.

Nice! Have you visited Florence and Siena before?
:happy:

Hoilà! si si, ci siamo. E’ un piacere fare la vostra conoscenza… :grin:

Question out of topic: do I need to present myself in “The Gathering” section of this Forum? (don’t want tobreak any netiquette rule, you know…)
:help:

Not a rule, but more of a “ritual” IMO.

Ok, I have great respect for the power of “rituals”.
I shall provide with my official presentation in “The Gathering”.

Hmmm… :confused: Just continue. It could work one night… :smile: Yet if guns are really a great dreamsign to you, you should perhaps try a little MILD. Every times you dream about guns, just remember this dream before sleeping, and imagine that you perform a RC when you see the gun and that you become lucid.

Do you mean WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream) or VILD (Visualization Induced Lucid Dream) ? :confused:

I never visited Tuscany, but some friends went there on holidays and told me it was so beautiful! :grin:

Don’t feel yourself obliged to. It’s absolutely not a duty…

:grrr: Italiano, eh? Grrr…

I`ll counter that!

Drittstøveler! Skriv på et forståelig språk, dere forbannede vattnisser! …Ja, greit, ikke alle forstår norsk, men i det minste skriver jeg det i playground"-underforumet. Bortsett fra den gangen i Siiw DJ, da… Men da oversatte jeg!

Translation: Please, write in english.

On-topic: Don`t try so hard. It will in most cases just happen, without any obvious triggers.

I meant VILD (Visually Incubated Lucid Dream). I visualize a room and a situation where two friends tell me that I must be dreaming so I should take a RC, then to check again, just in case, and then I shout out lout “So I’m dreaming!” (or in italian: “Ma allora, STò SOGNANDO!”) :grin: . This visualization goes on and on until I can see everything in the room in great detail, I can smell how it is, I can feel the coolness of the air on my skin, the wooden hardness of the table I’m leaning on and I can hear the different voices of my friends. All of this before I go to sleep, then when I know I’m near (as visualizations wouldn’t let me sleep) I drop the image and I let my mind wonder until I slip into the dreamworld… hopefully during the night the visualization-situation should arise and I should make a RC.
I’ve tried only once so far (I’m going to do it again tonight), I didn’t have a LD but very vivid and rich dream experiences.
:content:

Of course, sorry.
:tongue:

Waw! It seems you have pretty good visualization skills! :eek: Please tell us in the BIG VILD topic if you have success with this technique.
Good luck! :smile:

Nope. Had no success if not to have very weird dreams.
I wonder if I’m too tired to have VILD as you’re supposed to sleep before midnight and I never manage to do that… :neutral:

I finally made it!

It took me exactly 2 months and 8 days to achieve a LD!
(even if I have to work on clarity, as the image is hazy at best)

:happy:

Congrats to myself!!!
hahaha

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Congratulations! Puts on his party hat

Thaaaannnkkkkssssss!!!

:happy::D:D
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: