Does computer affect LD and Dream recall?

I spend alot of time infront of my computer, and I want to know if this affects LD and Dream recall at all?

Yep, it affects dream recall in my experience - at least, the content of it. I went through this phase of playing minesweeper a lot, and for a while I kept dreaming of playing it every night (except it just went on and on with no borders)! And I know a lot of people who go on the internet a lot dream a lot of visiting websites or receiving emails. It hasn’t happened to me personally, but it does to other people all the time that I’ve read.

Heh, that would be cool since i play games alot.

But i kinda meant… Does it affect you in a way that makes it harder to recall dreams, harder to get a LD.

I’m kind of new, so maby you wont want my advice…

I use my computer for games and stuff everyday, and alot too. I started with this lucid dreaming stuff three days ago.

The first day i didnt remember anything, second day i remembered pieces, third day i remembered alooot and i got lucid.

So i don’t think it affects it, I’m not sure.

But to the other guy, I think what you do affects it, I just saw a movie before I went to sleep, and I dreamt alot of the movie…

In my experience, computers do not make it harder to recall dreams/have LDs, unless you just don’t concentrate hard enough on your intentions before going to sleep because you keep thinking about what you were doing on the computer or who you were talking to, etc. Sometimes if you end a chat or IM convo. with your friend in an awkward manor, you may think about it instead! But over all, I see no real difference with or without computers.

It really shouldn’t make a difference unless you’re staying up until 3AM in the morning doing something not related to dreaming. (or at least for me)

Thanks! This cleared it all up :smile: