A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary

Okay, that scary, they could actually make a horror movie out of that one @_@!

Hey, if u know some1 who’s in movie branch, send it to him ^^!

What a good read…

/me sips his coffee

Geez, Sureal, that reminds me of every scary movie I’ve ever seen!

Myself, I’ve never had a nightmare. The closest thing I’ve had was more of a hallucination when I was awake I think when I was really young (like 4 or 5). And all that was, was that I thought I saw snails on my pillow. Not so scary after Sureal’s story!

The whole time I was reading it I suspected you to write something at the end like, “Just kidding, that was just some movie I watched last night!” Haha.

Mine aren’t really things that you guys would find scary. I was brought up on scary movies, so when I have nightmares they aren’t consisted of Freddy or Jason. Mostly they have me getting in trouble with my parents. They still happen today, my mom is the scariest person alive when she’s mad. I would rather fight with zombies than face her in a bad mood.

Now THAT, my friend, is scary! :razz:

Ah, now I remember a nightmare I had months ago. I was at home, in my parents’ bedroom, when from there I saw a shadow in the lounge. I immediately felt it was the devil. It was dark where I was and the shadow started to approach me. The deeper in the darkness it got, the more vivid it became. So I decided to go to the bathroom and to turn on the light. It couldn’t get in there. Then I woke up.

I had a sary nightmare about a month ago…

There was this madman standing by a group of people. I was in the group of people, and I said something frinedly to him. Then he suddenly took it as offensive, and opened fire. He was coming after me, and although I couldn’t see him, I felt him behind me. He was firing bullets at me, and I dodged them by an inch. I found a neighbors house, broke the door, and hoped that he would not find me in there. But he did, and opened fire again. I was so frantic in my dream.

Later on, after the killing spree, I somehow wanted to go outside. I told my friend this, and she said that she didn’t want to see all the dead people on the ground. :eek: tThen I saw her dog with a bloody bullet wound on it’s chest, and it wasn’t moving…it was creepy!

Okay, I was just reading X’s DJ and remembered a reoccurring nightmare I used to have when I lived in Puerto Rico.

I didn’t start having it until my daughter was born and maybe not even two weeks later Hurricane Hugo was on it’s way.

I would find myself drowning in the ocean which had made it’s way very far inland. The storm was incredible, the sky grey, the winds fierce, the water was just overwhelming. I am drowning and I can hear my daughter crying for me to help her. She is screaming frantically and I can hear how her cries are deafened by the water as she sinks and comes back up. I keep trying to reach her but I too am drowning. I cry and cry and her screams are tearing my heart into shreds. I can’t even help my own daughter.

I had that dream for about 3years until I left the island and moved back to the states.

Can’t really remember many nightmares as mine are usually quite convoluted… but most have ended in my own painful death as bullets ripped through my chest etc… one particularly bad one I was sprayed with napalm… agonising pain that persisted for awhile even after I woke up (might have been a FA though)

Also the few appearances mirrors had in my dreams were in nightmares… usually containing things too horrible to look at, but almost impossible to look away from.

Haven’t had a nightmare in years. Geez, shouldn’t talk about them (knocks on wood)

I had a nightmare today:

I was someone in the Harry Potter books. We were in a forest. We did something we weren’t allowed to do, we saw someone from slytherin that did something suspicious, we wondered what he did and he wondered what we did, we was going to check each other from now on, he went first, it was very dark now I couldn’t see the slytherin boy anymore, I felt that it was someone else in the wood I didn’t care if someone found out what we was doing now instead I screamed “Help!” and then I woke up.

Here’s a nightmare I had a few months ago:

I was trying to help someone (I think it was a pregnant woman) to get out of a big building, like a mall or something, but I couldn’t find the exit.
This person I was trying to help kept vomiting dead body parts. Rotting old arms, feet, heads and stuff in some grayish liquid were shooting out of her mouth in violent regurgitations.
Whenever I stopped to ask people for help, they would get hit by the stuff and start vomiting dead old body parts too.

When I have dreams about getting chased by monsters and attacked and killd and such, they’re not nightmares.
I’m not scared in dreams like that.

Here’s a nightmare I found really disturbing:

I was sitting next to my mother at a table, and I was going to beat her to death with a frying pan because she had killed my pet chicken by chewing it.

That was probably the worst dream I’ve ever had, I can’t even describe how I was feeling.

It’s not just what happens in the dreams that make them so horrible, but mostly the absurd atmosphere.

I’ve had two really scary nightmares and a few not-so-scary ones.

One nightmare that I had about a week ago started with me in my bedroom. I was folding a swimming suit and the phone in my bedroom rings. I answer it. It’s a lady who tells me that her husband is missing and she asks me if I could find him. I ask her a few questions and discover that he often comes home drunk. I tell her I’ll do what I can and hang up. Now, the weird this is, I don’t have a car or a lisence, yet I’m looking for someone. On foot.

I turn off the lights in my bedroom and go to my mom’s bedroom. I look at the clock and see that it’s 10:00 PM. My sister’s in the bathroom getting ready for bed. My mom is sitting on her bed reading. I sit down on the edge of her bed and tell her that I need to talk to her. I start to tell her about the call, but I hear someone coming up the outside stairs to our apartment. I see a shadow of a person come to our door. I stand, ready to answer the door, when gunshots ring out. The person at the door screams and falls and I realize that it’s the lady who had called me. I hide at the foot of my mom’s bed and she’s standing over me to protect me. I just now that the person who shot the lady was her husband.

Then I wake up. I can’t remember my other nightmare right now; I’ll add it when I think of it. Stupid brain.

This is my sister’s nightmare:

[Translator notes]

*Plattan - A big open space in central Stockholm

*Little brother - Me :grin:

*Trudge - I don’t know if it’s the right word, She used the words “pulsar/klafsar” and trudge was the closest I could find.
If you’ve seen the movie braindead, or if you went to Roskilde Festival 2004 you’ll know what I mean :wink:

I’ve had a really weird nightmare once. It’s kinda fun when I think about it now, but it really wasn’t entertaining while I was dreaming it.

The dream begins in a toy-shop underground. I can see it’s underground because the walls look like walls in tunnels do, if you understand how I mean. I’m a spectator, and I watch the children tugging their parents around, showing them what they want, screaming and crying when they don’t get it. Although the shop is wonderful, no one is happy. Then, all of a sudden, a pack of small cockerspaniels appears, running through the store, barking like mad. The hysteria in the shop gets interrupted, and everyone stares at the dogs. I hear screaming from where the cockerspaniels were running, both kids and grow-ups, and they’re panicked. People run past, holding their children. The people I see look confused and worried. I don’t understand why everyone is so scared, but then I don’t have to wonder anymore; several velociraptors (as in dinosaur) come running, chasing the people running. Logically they should all be dead, but I suppose these were very slow velociraptors :wink:
All of a sudden I’m not a spectator anymore, I’m in the dream with a bunch of DC’s. I’m panicked and I just want to get out. We hide in a dining room, but we’re soon followed by two velociraptors chasing a guy. One of them keeps runnig after the chased guy, but the other sees us and stops. Somehow we manage to hide behind the chairs, but then a cockerspaniel enters the room. I understand that the cockerspaniels are, sort of, partners in crime with the velociraptors; they bark when they find something eadible. So, the dog walks around the table, and spots a DC called Kevin. The dog barks, and that’s the end of the dream.

I’ve had a similar one, also underground and with velociraptors, but without the creepy dogs. I honestly have no idea where I got them from… :eh:

Last night I had my ninth nightmare in seven days. I won’t post them all in here, but most of them are about a creepy woman with one evil eye and a spastic arm pointing at me. I think they all share an awful lot of meaningful symbolism, and as far as I can deduce from them, I’ll have some more soon :smile:

The first one, which triggered it all, went like this:

In the local library I’m searching for clues (books I guess…) about LDing. At some point I come across a nonexisting file number. I search for the item in the archives and come up with a linen bag. In it I find three dolls (they all represent girls I think). Some girls try to get the dolls, but their mother keeps them in control… When I’m going back to my hotel, I first deal some drugs again with a couple of Nigerians in an elevator. I get about 20 grams of pure cocain for 2 euros
A bit later I see a gang of illegal immigrants who’re having an accident and who all get arrested afterwards. Later on, I get to see their mugshots, and one of them bears a striking resemblance with an old woman who seemingly lives right above me. Apparently there was something very strange about that woman: no one ever saw her, no one heard her, and her room was all dark and empty… Suddenly it strikes me how much the old woman resembles one of those dolls I had previously found in the library. Upon realizing that I suddenly wake up in shock (heavy and quick breathing, heart pounding like a racehorse) but soon afterwards I fall asleep again… and enter the same dream. Now I’m walking the local market with M. I’m telling him about my recent dream, when suddenly out of nowhere, the old woman appears around the corner. She’s fully covered in white silken clothes with her face halfly covered in a white shawl. She seems to hover over the ground, and eventually turns around, coming straight to my direction. She stretches her right arm, curls her fingers in a spasmic manner with her forefinger directly pointed at me. I could see only one eye… it was fixed on me with an such evil gaze! (it still gives me shivers when I think about it). No one but me seems to be able to see her… Luckily however I become prelucid for an instant, and I say to myself “well since this has to be a dream, nothing can happen… if I also stretch out my hand, her hand clearly must go straight through mine because she’s simply a ghost”. And so I do this… but it doesn’t work… her hand doesn’t go through mine and she simply touches me. This kept me thinking like “wow… so it isn’t a dream!” Next, she starts fighting with me, using chairs and tables to throw at me… Since no one else can see her, everyone merely sees how an invisible force lifts up those tables and chairs and throws them in the air (I get this impression when I noticed other people’s faces during the fight)… I try to calm her down, but to no avail… Eventually she gets tired and continues on her daily work, which is being a waitress in a fastfood restaurant. Apparently she has various complexes about her size, weight and social skills… she also has no contact at all with other people, except with a beautiful hawk. Another guy (a well known local politician… strange) keeps the hawk on his hand and he tells the woman to keep the hawk and cherish her. He says “don’t you miss the feeling of gliding your fingers through the hawk’s soft feathers?” After these words, she trembles… and starts to cry. She takes back the hawk, and I wake up…

Welcome mortals to the Nightmare Collection! :scared:
Here you can poste youre worst nightmares and most horribel dreams for us too fear.
:hide:
Enjoy :content:
(This were the intoduction too The Nightmare Collection before it got moved here)

Well let’s make myself a debut:
I had this dream or Nightmare; i remember that i was driving in this neighborhood with almost no ilumination whatsoever. This old lady asked where i could find x radio station and i told her without even knowing exactly. The Radio station was in front of our eyes, an abandoned house. We both entered and there was this psycho killer inside which was a member of a satanic cult.
He tied me to this chair and killed the old lady, then he cut his veins.

Well I had this dream where there was a large red metal spike following me everywhere, and I was inside a hotel room at a high level. I jumped from the window and floated down but that spike kept following me around trying to impale me, so I ran somewhere deep into the mountains. The dream didn’t make any sense after this.

But the most horrible nightmare I have ever had.

I am standing in a gigantic landscape. It is an ifinitely large, reflecting metallic field, and there is no sky, only an equally large, heavy metallic sky. I am here alone and the sky is starting to come down, and I get a weird, very strange feeling that I am being crushed, but not phyisically. There is no way out. When it comes down on me, I don’t get crushed, just compressed, and I get smaller and smaller and it keeps coming and coming and no matter how small I am, the proportions of that metal world are the same, and there is nothing there except for this metal ground and sky. There is a very dim light, but I can clearly see how far the landscape goes: for ever. There is no curvature, this is not on Earth. I can see it go on for infinity, and everything converges at a point in the middle of my view. Looking at infinity is very very weird. I never really get crushed, but the sky keeps coming down.

This is a horrible dream, absolutely horrible :cry: i used to have it nights in a row, thank God I don’t get it anymore. I think I was having stomach pain back then and it was triggering these dreams. There was no feeling of getting crushed, only a strange feeling, like fainting or maybe dying, like my head is about to explode and I am shivering and sweating all over. I hate that feeling.

Just remembered another scary one that I have had many times.

I am at a mountain resort. I am walking around in the park as the news on the radio sais that there are alien attacks going on. Suddenly, a gargantuanly large mechanized being comes over the mountain. It is simply huge beyond anything you can imagine. Many more surround the city, coming from beyond the mountains, and I gather along with all the other people in the town, knowing that there is no way out of that place. The machines make a weird, low frequency, whale-like noise, and have many moving parts.

(I tink the dieary is a bether place too have this then in what dreams are made of :sad: )
I hade one:

I were in my house with a nother person looking out into the dark football feld (thers a school behind ower house) when we spots a strang deer (er a mosh) glowing and flowting unatrunal owere the grownd.
One of us asks the other what will happen if it comes here and in the same second it start moving strait at us with a natural emty look in it’s eyes as it steres into the emtyness.
We runns awey from the window and as the deer moves truth the window it fills me with the fealing of pure fear.

The end

Painocus, they are in here because they are not lucid dreams (the diary forum is for LDs or on your personal quest for LDs), plus there was already a topic for nightmares in here.