jesus is a jew....but jews don't believe in Jesus

I don’t get it. How can Jesus be a Jew when Jews don’t believe in Jesus? (haha…that’s a tounge twister, isn’t it! :tongue: ) Can someone explain this to me? doesn’t make sense to me!

Jesus’ race is irrelavent to his teachings… Jew’s do not believe that Jesus was the son of god… they are not denying that he was Jewish… Jesus’ just didn’t believe what other Jew’s believed. Jesus’ didn’t teach Judaism, and also contradicted the Romans - who eventually had Jesus crucified.

Help?

Jesus may have been Jewish, but he was also a threat to the way of life that the Jewish temple priests lived at the time, they were the one’s who bribed Judas with the silver, they were rich, had fancy robes, and only let healthy, male Jews into their temples to pray. This is all actually what led to Jesus’ crucifiction, he was a political radical at the time.
His crucifiction, and these facts, largly alienated him from the rest of the Jews of the day, except for his deciples of course, who went on to convert many a Jew or Pagen.

Yes. Jesus was brought up as a Jew, celebrating the Jewish festivals and traditions. However, he came to bring a ‘New Covenant’ to replace the one made to the Jews in the Old Testament. Understandably, many people resisted this change and carried on as before. They could not recognise Jesus as the Son of God.

Has anyone here heard of Jews for Jesus?

jewsforjesus.org/

Jew’s who believe in Jesus, wouldn’t they just be Christians? Or many they just think he was a profit…like other jews, so then why do they say Jews for Jesus? :eh:

Well, Jewish Christians are usually called Messianic Jews, becuase they believe he is the Messiah. Correct me if I’m wrong. They’re not called Christians, because although they are technically Christian, they still keep all of the Jewish law, which Christians as a whole don’t focus on.

Weird, I would’ve thought you’d call then Kosher Christians or something.

OK, Islam, Christianity and Judaism all come from the same roots, the difference was the Christians belied Jesus was the messiah, the Islams think it ws Mahomad (I can’t spell it) and the jews are still waiting, when Jesus was born there was only judaism so because he belived in god and there was not yet a difference in the religions therefore he was a jew

Jews for Jesus are regarded with disgust within the Jewish community. (No, all over it.)

They are seen as Christians masquerading as Jews to try to push Jews towards Christianity.

Wikipedia article

Precisely! :smile:

Yes, that’s what the situation appears to be… to an evangelical Christian.

Most Jews just want to be left alone.