Practical Lucid Dream Uses

You could practice public speaking. Or other things like that (like asking a girl out on a date).

It could help with some other fears (eg. fear of spiders, fear of heights, fear of bake beans) too.

mostly i just use LD’s for fun. :nodnodwinkwink: I do do other thing to.

Pratice music in subc

Could it be in my awake life --Like closing my eyes and imageing playing.

Yea, i have had lot of help from LD’s against fear of heights and social shyness :peek:

Fixing any of life’s problems. Learning about things or asking a DC for help with a problem. For me I have an illness that can’t be treated, I received an answer of a herb I could use to alleviate the problem (lavender! Tea Tree oil! :wink: )

I have used my newfound skills from dreaming to make a few major alterations in my life. I have been having a few problems with some of my colleagues over the past year or so (personality conflicts) and used my dreams to reconcile my own personality issues to overcome this. In short, I now take a much different approach and am generally more outspoken and forthright with people. If someone irks me, I ask them why they irked me (without pointing fingers or laying blame). I have found that the quality of my life has increased in this respect, so much so that I really find it difficult to convey. I even find social situations such as introducing myself and remembering peoples names to be easier. In a sense, I have rediscovered myself and my personality, and feel much more comfortable with who I am as a person and how I relate to people.

Yeah I feel the same about this. I had few interesting thoughts in LDing, that changed a lot in my thinking, and opinions about others. I also received a very philosophical letters from my grandpa in LD, I was really shocked how well written and true it was, it said all about my life and personality in one page. Must have been my subconsess (spelling?) trying to tell me something (which I hope understood right hehe) :smile:

I hear ya. I think one of the most noble uses of lucid dreaming are for bettering our own personalities and how we view reality, handle situations and interact with people. After all, you can’t change the entire world, but when you change a small part of your personality it certainly seems possible.

As for learning, LD and D seem like beneficial tools. This night I dreamed I had a discussion with a guy about the other names for “acusative object” and “dative object”. He told me it was “direct object” and “indirect object” which is right. I hadn’t heard those two names for quite a while and I know that if someone would have asked me yesterday for those names, I wouldn’t have known the answer, but thanks to my dream they are now stuck deeper down in my memory.

Ive skated for 5 years and I know basically exactly how physics on a skateboard work and how a skateboard moves. So in my dreams I can practice skateboarding realistically

I daydream to do what HradSka and Snape do.
I want to find myself in my dreams so that I can be with me IRL. :content:
I had few low-lucidity dreams and always tryed to explore myself.
Another practical use could be improving your sexual performance. :content: hehehehe
:content: peace@us.all

Stress Relief :plotting:

I like to just go absolutely nuts in LDs because it’s fun I can’t have in real life, to ride a motorcycle I can’t afford, or perform magic, or just go flying… I’m already perfectly happy with my real-life personality.

If I figure out WILD and have enough LDs to spare doing things other than just crazy fun, then I’ll start spending them on things like practicing guitar, that’s a really good idea.

Wow, i didnt’ know you could do all these things in LD’s. I wouldn’t want to waste an ld on studying…that is until I try some crazy creative fun stuff. :cool_laugh: Once I get to lucid dreaming regurlarly, I’ll will definately try some of these things. Expecially sense I worry about a lot of things before I go to bed… :content:

I would study for upcomming tests (after studying for them IRL, of course) practice gettin over shyness, explore who I am, and practice some of my cheerleading routines that I always have trouble getting down… :neutral:

That would be really cool if I could create a bucnh of different DC’s that I would come to for different things…like one for studying, one for cheerleading, one for getting over shyness…hehe. That would be VERY practical!

Iv`e been poplocking (dancing) for half-a-year now and when I dream about it, it feels just like in real life. In my next LD ill try do start dancing and see how it really feels to do it in a dream, that could be really interesting…

Maybe one could use a lucid dream to practice driving skills etc… Just create a car and a city. It should be easier than irl, since you don’t have to worry about failing or hitting something/someone. I know I’m always nervous about that, especially when my mom is in the car.

Oddly enough I’ve created a car, and driven it in a LD, but I’ve never driven in real life :eh:

I use LD’s for stress relief. I also use them to have fun. I’ve studied a play in a ND once and knew it all completely in the morning. This was really wierd considering I’ve only read the play once. :confused:

I haven’t LDed yet, but once I do I might try to overcome my fear of heights if I find myself in a situation where doing such would not interfere with other activities.

three words… sex and drugs