Lucid basics for every language

I keep getting offers to translate the Lucid Crossroads which I have to defer till I finish the last write of the site but it got me thinking… :grin:

Can we (I’m going to post this on dreamviews as well) come up with a one or two page airplane emergency card type of explantion of what lucidity is and how to experience one?!

The leaflet (webpage) will use very simplified illustrations to cut down the text to the bare minimum so that we can ask people to translate that text into as many languages as possible.

The final pages (webpages and downloadable printouts) will be free for anyone to use in whatever way they feel like (on personal websites etc).

This thread is for people who want to contribute ideas for the text and what the images should be as well as offers of translation.

I think the first box & illustration might be something like a computer keyboard and mouse with the text. “Members of internet forums www.dreamviews.com have together made a simplified explantion of the exciting lucid dream state and how anyone can achieve this marvel of human experience.”

I’ll suggest that I would see it roughly as :-

1. Intro (like my suggestion above)
  2. What is lucidity
  3. What you can do there
  4. How to achieve it
  5. How to make your trip longer/better
  6. Footnote (saying this webpage/document may be reproduced by anyone and if you able to translate it into another language please don’t hesitate).

Thats just my view I hope others are able to offer more views and flesh out what the text will be and what the illustrations should be for each part. Its basically and exercise to see how concise we can get in order to explain lucidity and how to achieve it.

(I am available to create an Italian version)

1. This is a mini-guide on Lucidity, what it is, how to achieve it and its features. This document was originally compiled by LD4all and Dream Views members to be translated into as many languages as possible.

2. Lucidity is a state of mind in which the dreamer is fully aware of being in a dream, the surroundings during a Lucid Dream (referred to as LD henceforth) and the sensorial experiences are more realistic, and with practice, they can even feel like real life. We can say then, that during a LD, the body is asleep but the mind is awake.

3. In a LD, there are 2 limits to what one can do, ad they are practice and imagination. Theoretically, anything is possible in a LD: flying, exploring the dream world, materislizing all kinds of objects and people, interacting with the surroundings and the Dream Characters (DC), altering one’s body and the surroundings, giving oneself special powers, and the list could go on forever.

4. Achieving lucidity is realizing that you are dreaming, and there are various techniques to do it:

• Reality Checks (RC): reality checks are actions that are performed to uncover the faults that are usually present in dreams. They act as triggers to allow the person to realize that he/she isn’t in a real environment/body. The most popular are: trying to breathe through one’s pinched nose, trying to levitate, trying to stick hands/fingers into something, checking if clocks and writings are always the same and comprehensible, checking if light switches work correctly.

• Dream Signs (DS): trying to recognize recurring dream themes is another way of getting lucid. It may be enough, or it may be a trigger for RC’s. There are some dream themes that are common (unstable point of view, looking for a toilet, running at low speed, being at school even if you’re done with it, trying to scream but without any results, living in a different house…) while others are personal.

• Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream (MILD): this technique consists of thinking of getting lucid right before falling asleep. A useful thing to do is to think of a previous dream and thinking of getting lucid in it.

• Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD): this technique involves relaxing and focusing on images normally visualized while trying to fall asleep, with the aim of entering a dream consciously. It requires the person to be aware as the images get more and more vivid, so it is not advised to use as soon as one goes to bed, but after random night awakenings or after WBTB (read below).

• Walk back To bed (WBTB): a good way to increase the success rate of inducing techniques is to get up, do something else for half a hour/1 hour, and then going back to bed.

1. Once Lucidity is reached, it can start to decrease anytime. To prolong the experience, there are 2 main methods: rubbing one’s hands together, and spinning around. Both of these techniques involve stimulating sensorial perception not to lose contact with the drewm world.

2. This document’s aim is to spread the knowledge about Lucid Dreaming as much as possible, so if you can translate this document in other languages or post it on your webspace, you are free and encouraged to do so.

Thanks The Nameless One, just a quick comment. Not sure about being able to use acronymns (LD). Lucid Dreaming doesn’t translate directly into some languages (Norweigen I think for one) and some languages may only have one word which sums it up.

The more the text is boiled down and the more can be conveyed in illustration the better. Also complex words might be best avoided (for ease of translation).

Whats Lucid Dream in Italian? :cool:

P.s dreamviews.com/forum/viewtop … 047#198047 this is the thread in Dreamviews so people here can see suggestions from there.

In italian it’s “Sogno Lucido”. I was thinking, since they’re acronyms, we may write them as they are with a translation. Otherwise how would you say WILD or stuff like that? Example: RC’s (Reality Checks, ovvero “Controlli di/alla realtà”).

Ok I’m going to have a go and use the best parts of TNO’s set, like a refineing process, in my version I’m trying to cut the word count as much as possible as well as make the words used as simple as possible. Anyone else wishes to join in they should.

1. Welcome to this small guide to lucid dreaming. Here you can learn why millions of people desire to reach lucidity, how to achieve it, and what you can do there. {no illustration with this text}

2. Lucidity is a state of mind where you become fully aware of being in your own dream world. The reality of this state can be mind blowing as your brain has been tricked into thinking your fully awake when in fact your body is asleep. {illustration of sleeping body/head with awake body in dream world in a dream bubble}

3. People have lucid dreamed for many reasons through-out history the only limits to what you can do is your own logical mind. Popular activities are flying, exploring the dream worlds, interacting with dream characters, quizzing the your inner self to gain personal insight, and the list could go on… {illustration of happy person flying next to startled bird}

4. There are two main sets of ways to achieve lucidity. Try first set in the beginning as it is the foundation of your lucid practice.

Keep a dream diary by the side of your bed, when you rise in the morning write down all the dreams you can remember. Doing this will focus your mind on your dreams and may reveal interesting dream themes and signs that might help your mind realize its dreaming. {illustration of person writing in a dream diary}

Reality checks act as triggers during your dreams to allow you to realize that your dreaming and not in reality. The theory is if you check to see if your dreaming at regular intervals during your normal day then at night when you sleep you’ll do the same actions in your dream and trigger your brain into lucidity. The most popular are trying to levitate, pushing a finger through your hand and checking if light switches work correctly as they don’t work well in dreams. {illustration of shocked person pushing a finger through his own hand}

The second set of methods are more direct try them after you’ve kept a dream diary and tried reality checking for a while.

When you wake in the morning don’t turn over and go back to sleep, think to yourself “I will realize I’m dreaming when I return to the dream”. Try and recall the dream you were having and see yourself becoming aware that you are dreaming when you re-enter the dream. You could even set and alarm clock for an hour before you normally wake, get up for a short time and then try the technique. {illustration of sleepy person in bed turning off the alarm}

Another technique is directly entering a lucid dream from the awake state. The best time to try is in the morning or early afternoon after a meal. Get comfortable in bed or a chair, close your eyes and relax. Gently focus on the coloured images and shapes in your minds eye. Allow yourself to fall near sleep but keep your mind relaxed but aware of the images that form. Its a difficult method but if you get the balance right the images will brighten like the sun and you’ll be able to step into lucidity in the world your seeing. {illustration of person in chair with a dream view in a dream bubble above head}

1. Once Lucidity is reached, it can start to decrease anytime. To prolong the experience try rubbing your hands together, focus on the reality of your minds world. Ask out loud “increase my lucidity” and then spin around on the spot with your arms out. {illustration of person spinning on the spot}

2. Although lucidity has been scientifically proven other aspects reported by people include astral travel where the spirit is free to roam the universe and beyond, shared dreaming, meeting spirit guides and other extraordinary experiences. Whatever your experience, nothing can harm you and we hope you’ll enjoy your own minds world like millions of others round the globe. {illustration of person lieing in bed with astral double hovering above them}

3. This document’s aim is to spread the knowledge about Lucid Dreaming as much as possible, so if you can translate this document in other languages or post it on your webspace, you are free and encouraged to do so. This document was compiled with the help of members of www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk where lucid dreamers can meet in dreamtime.

Hey, we have to add that if you are a sleepwalker you must not try LDing as you may kill yourself.

Hmmm I’m not sure about that, you could also go onto to have warnings about possible heart attacks, psycological effects etc, I don’t see this on major explaintions of lucidity so I wouldn’t add it on this ultra condensed version.

I got a freind to have a look at the text for grammer spelling and to make some cuts. This hasn’t really had much input apart from TNO so I’ll just go ahead if no-one has any more input.

[b]1. Welcome to this guide to lucid dreaming, here you can learn why millions of people desire to reach lucidity, how to achieve it, and what you can do there. {no illustration with this text}

1. Lucidity is a state of mind where you become fully aware you’re dreaming. The reality of this state can be mind blowing, as your brain has been tricked into thinking you’re fully awake when in fact your body is asleep. {illustration of sleeping body/head with awake body in dream world in a dream bubble}

2. Popular lucid activities include flying, exploring dream worlds, interacting with dream characters, even quizzing your inner self to gain personal insight. In fact, the only thing that limits what you can do is your own logical mind. {illustration of happy person flying next to startled bird}

3. There are two main approaches toward achieving lucidity. The first way should be used in the beginning as it is the foundation of your lucid practice, you need to keep a dream diary by the side of your bed, and when you rise in the morning write down all the dreams you can remember. Doing this will focus your mind on your dreams and may reveal interesting dream themes and signs that might help your mind realize it’s dreaming. {illustration of person writing in a dream diary}

Use reality checks, these act as triggers during your dreams to allow you to realise that you are dreaming and not in reality. The theory is that if you check to see if you’re dreaming at regular intervals during your normal day, then at night when you sleep you’ll do the same actions in your dream and trigger your brain into lucidity. The most popular checks include trying to levitate, pushing a finger through your hand, and checking if light switches work correctly (as they don’t work well in dreams). {illustration of shocked person pushing a finger through his own hand}

The second set of methods are more direct, try them after you’ve kept a dream diary and tried reality checking for a while. When you wake in the morning don’t turn over and go back to sleep, think to yourself “I will realise I’m dreaming when I return to the dream”. Try to recall the dream you were having and see yourself becoming aware that you are dreaming when you re-enter the dream. You could even set an alarm clock for an hour before you normally wake, get up for a short time and then try the technique. {illustration of sleepy person in bed turning off the alarm}

Another technique is to directly enter a lucid dream from the awake state. The best time to try this is in the morning or early afternoon after a meal. Get comfortable in bed or a chair, close your eyes and relax. Gently focus on the coloured images and shapes in your mind’s eye. Allow yourself to fall nearly sleep, keep your mind relaxed but aware of the images that form. It’s a difficult method, but if you get the balance right the images will brighten like the sun and you’ll be able to step into lucidity in the world you’re seeing. {illustration of person in chair with a dream view in a dream bubble above head}

1. Once lucidity is reached, it can start to decrease anytime. To prolong the experience, try rubbing your hands together and focus on the reality of your mind’s world. Or ask out loud to “increase my lucidity” and then spin around on the spot with your arms out. {illustration of person spinning on the spot}

2. Lucidity has been scientifically proven, but other aspects reported by people include astral travel, a state where the spirit is free to roam the universe and beyond, shared dreaming, meeting spirit guides and other extraordinary experiences. Whatever your experience, nothing can harm you and we hope you’ll enjoy your own mind’s world like millions of others round the globe. {illustration of person lieing in bed with astral double hovering above them}

3. This document’s aim is to spread the knowledge about Lucid Dreaming in as many languages as we can. If you can help, please do - this document is free to be distributed and translated as widely as possible. Thanks to all the help from members of www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk where lucid dreamers can meet in dreamtime.[/b]

English site is now up lucid.atspace.com/

Now looking for folk to translate the page, so far Swedish and Finnish are being done.

Also any translators will need to translate a few phrases and single words for the meta tags and well as a page title, so google will pick up the page.

Title {your langauage} Swedish guide to lucid dreaming

Keywords- if they could be tranlated into a long sentance split up with comma’s that would be really helpful.

lucid dreaming
lucid
dream
lucid flying
reality checks
mind state
shared dreaming
astral projection
spirit guides
ld4all
dreamviews
lucid crossroads
dreamtime

Also if you know any links to pages/forums about lucidity, dream/astral subjects in the language being translated add them to the bottom paragraph.

Anyone who wants to do anything fancy with flash can do if they could do it on their own webspace cool if not I might be able to put it up here. All the images and text can be used for your own sites. I’ll host all the translations in this basic manner.

Italian version coming up!

[b]La guida in italiano ai sogni lucidi

1. Benvenuti a questa guida ai sogni lucidi, qui potete sapere perchè milioni di persone vogliono raggiungere la lucidità, come arrivarci e che cosa potete farne.

2. La lucidità è uno stato di mente dove si diventa completamente coscienti che si sta sognando. La realisticità di questo stato può essere impressionante, poichè il vostro cervello è stato ingannato nel pensare che si è completamente svegli quando in effetti il vostro corpo è addormentato.

3. Le attività in lucidità più popolari includono il volo, l’esplorazione di mondi del sogno, l’ interagire con i personaggi del sogno, persino l’ interrogare la vostra coscienza per acquisire consapevolezza personale. Infatti, l’unica cosa che limita che cosa potete fare è la vostra mente logica.

4. Ci sono due metodi principali per raggiungere la lucidità. Il primo modo dovrebbe essere usato all’inizio poichè è il fondamento del vostro allenamento alla lucidità, dovete mantenere un diario dei sogni al lato del vostro letto e quando vi alzate annotate tutti i sogni che potete ricordarvi. Fare questo metterà a fuoco la vostra mente sui vostri sogni e può rivelare dei temi di sogno interessanti ed dei segni che potrebbero aiutare la vostra mente a rendersi conto che si sta sognando.

Effettuate controlli alla realtà, questi fungono da “scintilla” durante i vostri sogni per permettervi di rendervi conto che state sognando e non vi trovate in una situazione reale. La teoria è che se controllate se state sognando a intervalli regolari durante il giorno, di notte quando dormite farete le stesse azioni nel sogno ed innescherete nella vostra mente la lucidità. I controlli più popolari includono provare a levitare, spingere un dito attraverso la mano e controllare se gli interruttori della luce funzionano correttamente (poichè non funzionano bene nei sogni).

Il secondo insieme di metodi è più diretto, quindi provateli dopo che avetete mantenuto un diario dei sogni e praticato controlli alla realtà per un po’ di tempo. Quando vi svegliate non giratevi dall’ altro lato per riaddormentarvi, ma pensate “Mi renderò conto che sto sognando quando rientro nel sogno”. Provate a ricordare il sogno che stavate avendo e a vedervi diventare coscienti che state sognando quando rientrate nel sogno. Potreste persino regolare una sveglia per un’ora prima del normale, alzarvi per un breve periodo e poi provare questa tecnica.

Un’ altra tecnica è entrare direttamente in un sogno lucido dallo stato di svegli. Il momento migliore per provare ciò è di mattina o primo pomeriggio dopo un pasto. Mettetevi comodi nel letto o su una sedia, chiudete gli occhi e rilassatevi. Concentratevi lentamente sulle immagini e sulle figure colorate nella vostra mente. Arrivate quasi al sonno, mantenete la mente distesa ma consapevole delle immagini che si formano. È un metodo difficile, ma se ottenete il giusto equilibrio le immagini si illumineranno come al sole e potrete fare un passo in lucidità nel mondo che state vedendo.

1. Raggiunta la lucidità, quest’ ultima può cominciare a diminuire da un momento all’ altro. Per prolungare l’esperienza, provate a strofinare le mani e a concentrarvi sulla realtà del mondo onirico. O gridare “Aumentare la lucidità” ed allora di girare intorno a se stessi con le braccia in fuori.

2. La lucidità è stata dimostrata scientificamente, ma altre funzioni segnalate dalla gente includono viaggi astrali, uno stato dove lo spirito è libero vagare nell’ universo e oltre, sogni condivisi, venire a contatto con le guide spirituali e altre esperienze straordinarie. Qualunque sia la vostra esperienza, niente può nuocervi speriamo che vi godiate il mondo della vostra mente come milioni di altri intorno al mondo.

3. Lo scopo di questo documento è diffondere la conoscenza circa il sognare lucido in quante più lingue possibili. Se potete aiutare, fatelo - questo documento è libero di essere distribuito e tradotto in qualunque lingua. Grazie per l’aiuto ai membri di www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk dove i sognatori lucidi possono venire a contatto tra di loro durante i sogni.[/b]

Wicked TNO, I’ll put this up today. could you also translate these keywords- if they could be tranlated into a long sentance split up with comma’s that would be really helpful.

lucid dreaming
lucid
dream
lucid flying
reality checks
mind state
shared dreaming
astral projection
spirit guides
ld4all
dreamviews
lucid crossroads
dreamtime

:cool:

lucid.atspace.com/italy.htm

Ok its up, the keywords will help search engines see it but if you could resister it with any italian search sites that would be cool. I don’t think I’ve seen any Italian lucid sites? Maybe this is a first?

lucid dreaming = sognare lucido
lucid = lucido
dream = sogno
lucid flying = volare in un sogno lucido
reality checks = controlli alla realtà
mind state = stato mentale
shared dreaming = sognare condiviso
astral projection = proiezione astrale
spirit guides = guide spirituali
dreamtime = tempo/durata del sogno

ld4all
dreamviews <------ Should I translate these literally? :confused:
lucid crossroads

Thanks and no you don’t need to translate LD4all and the rest :content:

Cool I’ll tag those links onto the bottom of the page.

I know that the Italian web is crappy, but even it has its LD stuff. :grin:

Good Italian LD site:
geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ … lucidi.htm

General ND FAQ:
asdreams.org/faq/common_ques … talian.htm

LD FAQ:
sognilucidi.it/portale/modul … file=index

Lucid-related articles (OBE’s and stuff). Same site as above:
sognilucidi.it/portale/modul … file=index

Eh where did your suggested links go? :neutral:

Ah that was odd there they are! :content:

Up there. I thought you didn’t see them so I made another post. Ah, my little piece of web! :love:

Links up and keywords done, its all there, you’re the first translation. I will link to it from the Lucid Crossroads soon when I have a few more and interlink between all the different language pages as well. :cool:

I added one sentence in point 2 (translated from german, feel transform it into better english):
Because of this realization the lucid dreamer is capable to act councious and shape his dream.

German forum: www.klartraum.de

Title: Deutsche Anleitung zum luziden Träumen

Keywords:
(when // used, there are several possibilities)

luzides Träumen // Klarträumen
luzide // klar
Traum
luzides Fliegen
Realitätsüberprüfung // Realitätstest // Wirklichkeitstests // Wirklichkeitsüberprüfung
Geisteszustand
geteiltes Träumen // gemeinsames Träumen
Astralprojektion
Geistführer
ld4all
dreamviews
Traumzeit

Text:

1. Herzlich Willkommen zu dieser Klartraum Anleitung. Hier können sie lernen, warum so viele Menschen in ihren Träumen luzide werden wollen, wie man luzide wird kann und was dadurch möglich wird.

2. Luzidität ist ein Geisteszustand, in dem einem vollkommen klar ist, dass man träumt. Die Erfahrung dieses Geisteszustandes kann überwältigend sein, da dem Gehirn normalerweise Wachheit vorgegaukelt wird, obwoh der Körper eigentlich schläft. Durch diese Erkenntnis ist es dem Klarträumer möglich, in seinem Traum bewusst zu handeln und diesen so selbst zu gestalten.

3. Beliebte Klartraumaktivitäten sind z.B Fliegen, die Traumwelt erkunden, mit Traumcharakteren interagieren oder das “innere Selbst” befragen um zu neuen Einsichten zu gelangen. Es gibt nur eine einzige Grenze: Die eigene Vorstellungskraft.

4. Hier sollen die wichtigsten Techniken erläutert werden. Die erste Technik sollte am Anfang benutzt werden, da sie die Basis für weitere Übungen bildet. Man sollte ein Traumtagebuch neben seinem Bett liegen haben, und beim Aufstehen alle Träume aufschreiben, an die man sich erinnern kann. Dies hilft, sich auf seine Träume zu konzentrieren und kann interessante Traumthemen und Traumzeichen liefern, die helfen, zu erkennen ob man träumt.

Realitätstests sind ein Auslöser für Klarträume. Sie ermöglichen die Erkenntnis, dass man träumt und nichts real ist. Der Gedanke dahinter ist, dass wenn man tagsüber regelmäßig überprüft ob man träumt, man dies irgendwann auch nachts tun wird und so Luzidität erlangt. Zu den beliebtesten Tests gehören der Versuch zu schweben, einen Finger durch die eigene Hand zu stoßen oder zu überprüfen, ob Lichtschalter korrekt funktionieren (in Träumen funktionieren sie meist nicht korrekt).

Der zweite Weg ist direkter, versuchen Sie ihn, nachdem Sie schon eine Weile ein Traumtagebuch geführt und Realitätstests verwendet haben. Wenn man morgens aufwacht sollte man sich nicht umdrehen und wieder einschlafen, sondern sich selbst in Gedanken sagen “Ich werde erkennen dass ich träume, wenn ich wieder in den Traum zurückkehre”. Versuchen Sie, sich an den Traum, den sie gerdae hatten, zu erinnern, und stellen sie sich vor, wie sie bewusst werden wenn sie in den Traum zurückkehren. Man kann sich sogar eine Stunde vor seiner normalen Aufstehzeit von einem Wecker wecken lassen, kurz aufstehen und dann die Technik versuchen.

Eine weitere Technik ist, direkt vom Wachzustand aus in den luziden Traum einzutreten. Der beste Zeitpunkt hierfür ist morgens oder nach dem Mittagessen. Machen Sie es sich in einem Bett oder Sessel gemütlich, schließen Sie ihre Augen und entspannen Sie sich. Konzentrieren Sie sich ein wenig auf die farbigen Punkte und Formen vor ihrem inneren Auge. Lassen Sie ihren Körper einschlafen, aber bleiben sie geistig zwar aufmerksam, aber entspannt, und beobachten sie die Bilder, die in ihrem Inneren Form annehmen. Es ist keine leichte Technik, aber wenn sie den Balanceakt zwischen Schlaf und Wachheit meistern werden die Bilder heller und intensiver werden, und Sie können in voller Bewusstheit in die Traumwelt eintreten, die Sie sehen.

1. Ist die Klarheit erst einmal erreicht kann sie auch jederzeit wieder verschwinden. Um das Erlebnis zu verlängern kann man die Hände aneinander reiben und sich auf die Wirklichkeit dieser Wahrnehmung konzentrieren. Man kann auch laut sagen “Klarheit erhöhen” oder sich mit ausgebreiteten Armen um die eigene Achse drehen.

2. Luzides Träumen wurde wissenschaftlich bewiesen, aber es wird auch von anderen Erfahrungen berichtet. Dazu gehört zum Beispiel das “astrale Reisen”, ein Zustand in dem der Geist sich frei in unserem Universum und jenseits dessen bewegen kann, geteilte Träume, das Zusammentreffen mit Geistführern und andere außergewöhnliche Erfahrungen. Was auch immer Sie erleben, nichts kann Sie verletzen, und wir hoffen, dass sie die Reise durch ihren eigenen Geist wie genießen.

3. Das Ziel dieser Anleitung ist es, Wissen über Luzides Träumen sp weit wie möglich zu verbreiten. Wenn Sie dabei helfen können, tun sie es bitte - dieses Dokument darf weitergegeben werden und soll in möglichst viele Sprachen übersetzt werden. Ein Dank an die Mitglieder von www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk zur Verfügung gestellt, wo sich Klarträumer im Traum treffen können.

1. Welkom bij deze lucide dromen gids, hier kun je leren waarom miljoenen mensen lucide willen worden, hoe het te bereiken en wat je ermee kunt doen.

2. Luciditeit is een state of mind waarin je volledig bewust bent dat je droomt. Deze realiteit kan je omver blazen omdat je brein voor de gek wordt gehouden om te denken dat je wakker bent, terwijl je lichaam slaapt.

3. Populaire lucide activiteiten zijn onder andere vliegen, je droomwereld exploreren, droomfiguren ontmoeten, zelfs je innerlijk vragen stellen om zo persoonlijk inzicht te verkrijgen. In feite is de enige grens je eigen logische denken.

4. Er zijn twee manieren om luciditeit te bereiken. Begin met de eerste manier omdat het de fundering legt voor je lucide bezigheden.-----

– got until here in dutch – feel free to finish or add