£1 a litre coming very close, but that isnt the main problem

A recent research showed that the dutch pay most for gasoline and the venezuelan the least.

Dutch unleaded 95/98: about €1,40
Venezuelan gasoline: about €0,03

All other european gasstations don’t have the “millenium” bug :wink:
(At least I think =X)

:eek:

is it so much already :thud:

here (france) i saw 1.21 and i thought that was expensive already.

that is impossible (unless they steal the ptrol?)

secondly like on another forum i posted this on this topic has gone into a discussion about petrols prices rather than the millenium bug feature grrrrr :@

ok OT then, i don’t think it has anything to do with milenium bug - that had to do with calculations not being able to go past 1999 - so fear was that things would collapse etc.

this is just a display problem :smile:

well its a major one, and maybe a crisis at that

Yes. Petrol stations everywhere have to buy new signs.

Ehrm… They said some reason on the news why it’s so cheap there, but I forgot ._."

While we’re on the subject of oil prices, here in the US gas is $2.69/gallon, and I live in an area that is considered to have some of the lowest prices in the country. I don’t know the conversion factors for litre/gallon or $/€ but about 8 years ago, gasoline costed $.77/gallon. :eek:

1 gallon = 3,78541 liter
$1 = €0.810584

Therefore 1 liter US gas => $0,716232 = €0,58055462

… Ok… US people should SO not complain…

Ok maybe we shouldnt complain but in the last week where im at gas prices went up twenty cents thats $0.20 in one week, like four cents everyday. A week and a half ago they were $2.21 now they’re $2.53, so in less than two weeks thats around 30 cents. but yea not complaining jsut merely putting that out there since we’re on the topic of gas prices ( i dont pay for gas i use my mom’s BP gascard)

You also have to remember, here in the US, we build our cars big enough and inefficiently enough to use 4-5 times as much gas as European cars, so multiply that 1 liter US gas => $0,716232 = €0,58055462 by 4-5. Yes, we can complain now!

Stupid Chevrolets :tongue:

U need to get european cars, some of them do 20 kilometres with one litre!

Here in Canada gas is up around $1.03. We have the same problem with our gas station signs, some of them say things like 1.3 because they don’t have room for the 0 in the middle.

I say, impose a price cap on gasoline, the cost for this stuff is getting rediculous.

my answer to the problem

is if you bothered about money and the lack of it, cycle it is cheaper, the insurance is cheaper, the running costs are cheaper, it makes you healthier, espically if u live in a city it is certainly quicker than a car (it may not be healthy in inner city but to sort this problem buy a filter mask), you don’t pollute the environment and by doing this your not only helping yourself but everyone else.

If u do intend on keeping your car, try and brake less, don’t use air conditioning, don’t use the stereo, don’t get sat nav (this stops the engine using as much fuel). Also by grouping together and one person driving for four ppl who would normally all drive to work on their owns, everybody savesmoney and time, as the less people on the roads the quicker and safer you can get to work ( you also become less selfish).

I am not a eco-warrior but I like cycling and I like helping people, espically when I am not polluting the environment for once as I use the computer all the time and the energy for the computer comes from the power station which burns fuel.

also the reason why the oil, the oil producers get is so deep underground and difficult to get at, is it produces so much harm to us, thats why it is a far away as materially possible.

and if you saying to yourself “even if I did get a bicycle I wouldn’t be able to travel very far”, well every year I do the manchester - blackpool cycle ride which is 60miles in one day, I have also done chester - abersoch with my friends and it took us two days and that was 250miles. I know it sounds like a long time to be travelling but if you want to help other ppl you have to go to great lengths to do it. Also where I live most of things I need are within 5 miles of me (e.g. food, clothes, shops, entertainment, airport, parks). If I have a friend who lives in London then I cycle to the train station and get on the train.

The only time I actually need a car is when I am moving stuff from one place to another, and this time is normally when I move house, as in recent years I have been a student and every year I have moved to a new house.

also to answer fadem

in the uk most cars do around 40miles to the gallon

but I am still not suggesting cars are worth it on the grand sense of things

Ur making me convert again…

But since u talk uk…

1 UK gallon = 4,54609 liters
1 US gallon = 3,78541 liters

Damn u US/UK people… use the metrical system the other people in the world use too -_-…

1 mile = 1.60934 kilometres.

1 UK gallon = 4,54609 liters
40 miles = 64,37376 kilometres

Ehr…

Oh… 64,37376/4,54609= 14,117082

So 1 litre to 14,117082 kilometres… Hmz… Guess that’s normal, my dad’s car does 1 litre to 8 kilometres though =D…

Alfa Romeo GT… YEAH! XP

Well, I did buy a bike a few weeks ago, and I am pleased with it, but lets face it, not everyone can ride a bike. You can’t substitute a fire truck or an ambulance for a bicycle, so lowering fuel prices is still a good idea.

Right now I’m saying to myself…even if I did get a bicycle I wouldn’t be able to travel very far. The primary reason for this is because my job necessitates having a motorized vehicle with lots of storage space.

Unless, of course, you know of a method to haul around four hundred pounds worth of newspapers over 22 miles on a bicycle, every single night. Except for Sunday, which is more like a thousand pounds of newspapers.

well i don’t know a realistic idea, but an idea would be to fix 10 bicycles together to add up the power to weight ratio and put an advertisement up for unemplyed people who like exercise and then on the back stick a trailer and deliver your weight(newspapers)

Venezuela has (I think) the fifth largest oil reserve in the world… or something like that. The US is one of its biggest consumers.

Also, Venezuela hasn’t privitised its oil companies (even though there is increasing pressure by the US for them to do so). SO, all the money they are earning is going back to the people, and they can afford to have lower oil prices.