Simple WILD tech, hopefully

Most likely HI, but it could have been a dream too :cool:

well, now i know that i have an HI problem. When i have an HI, and move with my eyes (when closed) the HI are gone! but i can’t
sleep without moving with my eyes!

Yes, you can’t move your eyes when having HI unless it’s very stable. So you have to learn how to watch it without moving your eyes. Then if you manage to get into a dream or if the HI fills your entire field of vision, you will be able to move your eyes. But then it’s your dream eyes you are moving :smile:

Ohhhh so ive had HI in most of my nights, but dint know about it :razz:
But we can see that this method works for me…if i could only keep those HI for longer time…and go to my dream from them…let’s d it! (do…or do not…there is no try…)

I thought I would start trying this tech again since I seem to have a LD dry spell right now. And since I like tinkering with electronics I’ve made a something that is ticking louder than a clock. I’m going to try and see if that makes a difference :content:

I haven’t had a ticking clock in my room for years but I might give this a go. I’m a light sleeper so it will need to be quiet.

I don’t have a ticking clock in the bedroom. However, in our 7 month old son’s room is a white noise machine that always has ocean waves going at night. So, I’ll try listening to the waves as I fall asleep.

I’ve been having some success following HI when I fall asleep at night. However, when I wake up 4 or 5 hours later, then fall back asleep, I fall asleep so quickly, that I miss everything. Maybe concentrating on the wakes can slow my falling asleep just enough to successfully enter a WILD.

I know that white noise and other similar stuff makes me tired really fast, but I’d definately use white noise if I had it :grin:

I already tried that technique, but only on my own. I didn’t learn it. I was experimenting with my flashing light as my alarm (I’m deaf so I used to have lamp that flashes when alarm goes off) went off. I left the lamp flashing and I didn’t move at all. I used lamp as my guide… I watched it flashing, then soon I realized that I was in black void and the lamp seemed to be off. Then, I got in LD’s from there. It was awesome! :biggrin: But however, I was late for school cuz of that. :razz: hehe

So, not just sounds work… visual signals can work too. :biggrin:

I still can’t get WILD to work, but I have a technique that’s sort of close. When I wake up in the morning, I don’t move. If, in a minute or two, I don’t remember more than a fragment, I pretend I’m spinning, and think of a person, place, or thing. Within a minute or two, I’m in a dream featuring said item, and I can easily recognize it as so, and become lucid :happy:

This works well when I lose my lucidity and wake up, because I can re-enter into the LD where I left off, (mid- flight in yesterdays case).

Here is an online metronome that might be helpful for those who have their computers in their bedroom.
metronomeonline.com/index.php?style=cool

I might try this tonight.

CosmonautFantome, that sounds very close to WILD. In any case, if it’s a reliable method to enter lucid dreams, then you’ve found something good, no matter what it’s called.

lol Dm7 but you need quite strong lights for that :grin: And I actually found out about this myself too :cool_laugh: When dad was sleeping over in my appartment last summer he got up early one morning (as he always does :wink: )and since he made alot of noise I just had to lay there and listen to all the noise he made and hoping that he would stop soon so i could go back to sleep… That’s when I noticed that sounds keep your brain awake while your body falls asleep :cool_laugh:

Then new beeper I made worked quite well, I got 2 short LDs this morning :cool: It seem that for me atleast the sound has to be loud enough to almost annoy me :grrr: because then I can’t fall asleep so easy. I have to use this because I seem to fall asleep too fast otherwise, I’ve been able to WILD by not moving when waking up but it’s somewhat rare that I’m wide awake when waking up and remember not to move.

I like this idea. We’ll see how it goes tonight.

It seems like I’m able to fall asleep very easy even with loud beeping :tongue: :cry: It seems like the body is able to filter out repetitive sounds even if they are quite loud :confused: And it seems that the sounds don’t even make it into my dreams :bored:

Ok, well I decided to do this technique with a Metronome (metronomeonline.com/ <–free metronome!) and I started to count with the ticks and tocks. I counted up to about 220 when my body started to lose its feeling. I couldn’t feel my chest move anymore with my breathing. This is as far as I’ve been able to get with WILD techniques. I cannot get to the hypnogogic imagery or hear any hypnogogic sounds. I counted all the way up to 1,200 and then I gave up counting and decided to soley focus on the ticks and tocks without counting, telling myself that if I just remained patient I would soon be dreaming. But I cannot control my eyes! Every time I want to open them and see what’s going on. I can’t see any clear images at all, even when I try to focus on something small, like a bouncing red ball. I need help. How do I control my eyes from moving? For some reason I cannot get past this stage in the WILD cycle. Anyway, I started doing this technique around midnight and it’s 1:30 AM now! I’ve been doing this crap for an hour and a half and I can’t get anywhere. Anyway, this technique does help me get into paralysis alot faster than when I focus on my breathing. I think it’s because I breathe heavy and it’s distracting for me. Anyway, I’m determined to continue this technique. I think if I just try it a couple of times it will sink in eventually.

You should try it after sleeping for a few hours, then it should work much better :ok:

BuuuMp.

I’m going to try this again but with white noise this time since I’ve found a way to make white noise. I have a sound file editing program that can generate it. It’s called cooledit 2000 and it can be used even if you don’t have the full version. You can choose to use 3 areas of functions out of about 8 when you start the demo version. It might be hard to find it now since adobe owns it :neutral:

I’ll post here again tomorrow and tell how it worked :cool:

I cheated a bit :tongue:

I used a large fan instead, but I didn’t manage to WILD or get a LD. But I had a little HI :smile: I’ll keep trying…

Be sure to tell us if you get anywhere with it. :smile: