Anime supporters !

Dragonball :grin:

Well, Dragonball is endless (ie peace doesn’t last for more than a week), so if you like storylines, it’s a little tough to watch.

lol true… but i’ve seen the whole series of that too … sigh

Then why don’t you post a list of anime you’ve seen? (It feels scary writing this since “anime” in my language means “souls”) :bored:

wow did’nt know anime meant souls in… er … italien?

…but i’ve only seen a few animes…

princess mononoke
grave of the fireflies
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto (currently still watching)
Ninja scroll
X
Spriggan
Fist of the north star (movie)
Street fighter II

er… I think thats it really… any suggestions… i’m really getting into anime now :happy:!

Oh, I like anime. Basicially my whole Japanese class at uni is totally obsessed with it, lol. I can’t say I’ve seen nearly as much of it as they have (when I say they’re obsessed, I mean OBSESSED), but I still like it.

Ones I’ve seen:

• Almost anything by Hayao Miyazaki, who is a total genius (except Howl’s Moving Castle, which I’m dying to see because the original book was written by my favourite author, Diana Wynne Jones)
  • Perfect Blue
  • NGE (but I didn’t really like this, I couldn’t understand it)
  • Sailor Moon (when I was little and they still showed it on TV)
  • Pokemon (only a few episodes)

… I guess I prefer the movies to the TV series, really.

My suggestions to Freedom (since you asked!):

• Everything by Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki, they’re fantastic!
  • Inuyasha. I haven’t seen the anime version of this, but the manga is brilliant. Pretty violent, though.

I’m spamming my NOW WATCHING LIST (yeah u read that right, this is not all that I have seen, but what I’m currently watching)

Tsubasa Chronicle
The Law of Ueki
Speed Grapher (Nudity and graphical violence, be warned)
Monster
Mahou sensei negima :silent: (don’t watch it, really don’t)
Zipang
Eyeshield 21
Honey & Clover (GREAT)
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (Also Great but in a different way then H&C)
Shuffle!
Kamichu!
Gun x Sword
Zettai Shonen
Okusama wa Joshikosei
Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken TV
Suzuka (If u like romance, watch this :grin:
Eien no Aseria - Aseria the Eternal
Tide-Line Blue
Amaede Naideyo/Amaede Yo/ Amaenaideyo (w/e XD)
Koi Koi Seven
Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge

It used to be 25 anime at once, but I dont have that much time now :content:.

Recommendations:

Air TV - 13 episodes (2005)
Samurai Champloo - 26 episodes (2004)
Monster - 70+ episodes (2004 - still running)
Akira - 1 movie (1988)
Honey and Clover - ??? (2005 - still running)
Shinsheiki Evangelion - 26 episodes (1995)

Notes on Air TV: It has GREAT (really, AMAZING) animation, it’s based on a hentai game… (apparently h-games in Japan have plot XD) its not ecchi, nor hentai, go see it ^^.

Wow thanks Stormthunder and Fadem … I’ve been meaning to see some stuff by Hayao Miyazaki, but just have’nt got around to it…

…and thats some watching list Fadem … wow lol… where do you get the time. Oh and my mate is lending me Air TV … yayyy and thanks for the sugestions :content:

(Oh forgot to say I watched Akira as well … Doh!)

Well, I’ve seen most of the ones freedom88 has listed on his post there.

Grave of the Fireflies - we own and it breaks my heart whenever I see it.

FMA - I love

Sailor Moon - was great w/out all the editing done for USA tv

I like Elfen Lied although it’s very graphic.

Vampire Hunter D or something like that. Very good.

Spirited Away

And thanks to Fadem I have a cool a** link.

Geez! What is the deal w/ Anime?
/me waits for the expected smack on the head.
I’ve only seen some of what they have on Starz (Well you know, some of the vampire ones anyway. I mean it’s vampires! Of course I’m gonna watch it, if there isn’t anything else on)
And I saw Spirited Away and various other kid’s cartoons more time than I like to remember. My kids love it. So why is it that everybody is so up on this stuff. What am I missing?

/me smacks Anamcara.

Gosh that felt good. Then you haven’t watched the right Anime. Most of what you see on tv isn’t really technically good.

They’re worth watching. Except if you just think of them as cartoons then you’ll never get it.

“Hey!”
/me thinks maybe Iluminada put a little extra smack in there.

Ok, I’ll look for some by the Hayo guy and see for myself.

:silent: I plead the 5th on that comment.

With anime, you have to think of what type of characters you like. What do you like in a movie or plot. B/c not all anime is compatible to what people like.

And with some of these people you really have to enjoy or not mind sci-fi.

Well I love scifi, and vampires and werewolves. Spirited Away was all right with the spirits. I just got sick of it after the 50th time. And most of what I’ve seen was for younger audiences, I guess.

Then you’re missing some good anime. B/c the majority of these aren’t made for kids.

/me makes a mental note to say she is not referencing Hentai.

Some of the anime I’ve seen are for adults. They haven’t been edited. Are you good with gore?

No problem with gore at all really. My favorite part of nursing is wound care actually. :grin:

Then watch Grave of the Fireflies… It’ll make you cry.

/me makes mental note to try and watch Grave of the Fireflies.

Lemme see, I’ve watched quite a few anime (though not as much as Fadem) and they’re mostly only series. I’m too lazy to try and remember all of the ones I’ve watched though. Here’s a few though…

Dragonball (Z and GT included)
Yu-Yu Hakusho
One Piece (I really like this one.)
Yu-Gi Oh
Samurai X (I keep whistling the sad theme of this to myself for the past 2 years…)
Samurai Deeper Kyo
InuYasha (I’ve yet to see the whole series but its pretty good)
TriGun
Hajime no Ippo (Unbelievably great boxing anime.)

That’s all for now.

Oh I watched Vampire Hunter D yesterday Iluminada… its pretty good, I like the newer version better than the old one though…

Grave of the fireflies is so depressing … I can’t watch that too many times :sad: … I heard they are making it into a film too?

Currently watching:
One piece
Dragonball
Ranma 1/2
Naruto
Air
Bleach

Going to watch:
Vampire hunter D
Blade of the immortal
Spirited away
Grave of the fireflies.