The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part II

I remember when i was about five i had a nightmare and woke up really scared. i went to my parents room to sleep.

About two minutes after lay down i saw a blue flueresant figure at the door, sorta looked like a grim reaper without the scythe.

but yeh it was sorta weird… i dont remember if i was paralised or not.

I looked away from the door and then looked back and it was gone.

My friend told me that she was in bed one night, unable to sleep, when she started to shake violently. Then, when the shaking stopped, she was blue flames on her. Then, a mist appeared and formed into a person without a face sitting on her and staring at her. She told me that the side of the room that the terrifying figure was on was colder than the rest of the room.

I asked her if she could move while that was happening. She said she didn’t know because she was so afraid that she didn’t even try to move. I told her that it might be a SP Hallucination. She said it couldn’t have been because she didn’t sleep at all that night. What do you think? Was a SP hallucination or something else?

Definately SP hallucinaiton. People often think they are awake yet they are not, especially during those long insomniacal nights.

I have to hand it to you Blake, that was an awsome SP experience.

What a very flaming situation.

Yea, I signed up just to say that, whatcha gonna do about it? Tell my mom?

it seems my question has been swallowed up into the big topic… thats why i wanted to make it seperate…

anyway does anyone have any ideas on how i can induce it. becouse i have never had SP and i think it would be an awesome experiance…

Yea deffinatly… Here’s a quote from Stephen Laberge’s book, “exploring the world of lucid dreaming”

THE TWIN BODIES TECHNIQUE

1. Relax completely
    After awakening from a dream, lie on your back or right side with your eyes gently closed.
    Tighten and then relax your face and head, neck, back, arms, and legs. Completely let go of all
    muscular and mental tension, and breathe slowly and calmly. Enjoy the feeling of relaxation
    and affirm your intention to consciously enter the dream state; let go of all other thoughts,
    worries, and concerns.

2. Focus on your body
    Now focus your attention on your physical body. Use the 61-point relaxation exercise (page 54)
    to pass your attention from one part of your body to the next, recurrently
    going through all
    points. As you do, notice how your body feels at each point along the way. Watch for signs of
    strange sensations, vibrations, and distortions of your body image. These are the harbingers of
    REM sleep paralysis. Eventually you will experience sensations like those described above
    which will rapidly develop into complete paralysis of your physical body. At this stage you are
    ready to leave your paralyzed body behind and to enter the dream world in your dream body.

3. Leave your body and enter the dream
    As soon as you feel that your physical body is in a profound state of sleep paralysis, you are
    ready to go. Remember that your currently paralyzed physical body has a magical, move-able
    twin, that is, your dream body, and that you can just as easily experience yourself as being in
    one body as the other. Indeed, except for occasional lucid periods, you rarely even notice that
    every night your dream body plays the role of its “twin, “ your physical body. Now imagine
    yourself embodied in your airy dream body and imagine what it would feel like to float or roll
    out of your earthbound twin. Let yourself peel free of the immobile physical body. Jump, fall,
    or crawl out of bed. Sit up or sink through the floor. Fly through the ceiling, or just get up. Now
    you’re in the world of lucid dreaming.

Commentary

As soon as you “step out of bed, “ you should recognize that you are truly a stranger in a
strange land. Remember that you are in a dream body and that everything around you is a
dream thing too. That includes the bed you just got out of: it’s a dream bed. And the “sleeping
body” you also just got out of, although you were thinking of it a moment ago as a physical
body; now it’s a dream body too. Everything you see is your dream.
If you believe that you are floating around the physical world in your “astral” body, then I ask
you to make a critical observation or two and perform a few state tests. Here are three

examples:
(1) try reading the same passage
from a book twice;
(2) look at a digital watch, look
away, then look back a few seconds later;
(3) try finding and reading this paragraph, and draw
your own conclusions!

i can remember these things happening when i was really young like 6,7,8ish. Does this mean since its already hapened before im exempt from it happening now that im trying to have LD’s and OOBE’s?

:welcome: welcome to LD4all Strat8300 :smile:

no, you wouldnt be exempt. but the main problems from old hag and SP are fear making it worse. your previous experience could make you have less fear since there isn’t the fear of the unknown and you know it isn’t real just a prelude to sleep and LDs/OBEs.

Yeah I don’t like old hags, of course its never an old hag for me but its just really scary. Usually its either a complete stranger or some demented guy with a knife.

need a bit of help.
i’ve been having sleep paralysis for about 20 years but only recently had my first WILD experience. Trouble is I went into SP. this wouldn’t be a problem except i experience pain when i get SP so i just wake myself up. Does anyone know how i might get round this?

maybe you could use MILD instead.
I would like to use SP to have a LD but i have never had SP before

I dont know if there are any skeptics at this site but I have experienced this Old Hag Syndrome about 5 times in my life. I will go on record to say that it is very scary and the more you try to struggle to break free the worse it is. And sometimes even when you are able to move it still doesnt let go. The pain on the neck is horrendous. Previously I had never saw a “figure” in the room with me… not until the latest bout anyway. I came under SP in the middle of the night and I saw a “thing” materializing right in front of me. I closed my eyes and hoped it would go away, I opened them again and it was still their, still forming itself…, I didnt want to see it, I thought that this was it for me. When I am finally able to move everything returns to normal but it was worse than a nightmare because I was awake the whole time…

That sounds rough (and familiar). There’s a ton of stuff you can do to avoid getting and techniques for getting out of it once you get it. They usually include good sleep hygeine.
There’s loads of stuff on the internet about it, try these:

miqrogroove.com/writing/Slee … lysis.html

sciencenews.org/articles/20050709/bob9.asp

watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

how common is it because after the description I read I dont really want to do LD’s any more PLEASE HELP!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :neutral:

yeah, i would like to know too because that old hag thing sounds kind of traumatizing

It goes both ways, Some have had it others have not. I on the other hand seen her one time and only once. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, but that’s me. :smile:

Something told me it wasn’t real, so i decided to trust that. It didn’t last long, only about 10 seconds. So I wouldn’t worry about it. In fact I know some people thay welcome it, and enjoy the experiance. :content:

hrm…I’m still kinda freaked out

Never had it myself, and I’ve always remembered dreams and stuff since I was little, so you might never even see anybody. :smile:

Every time I become lucid I see the Old Hag. It’s pretty scary, not traumatizing though. I suggest, if you ever see the Old Hag, to hug it, just hug, the hard part of this is getting over how scary it is, for me it’s usually just a dark figure, but yeah, hug it and try and become intimate with it. I know it sounds odd, but believe me, it works. It turns into something positive, and then maybe ask it for a gift as well because the gifts kick ass.

ok,if I ever have an LD and I see the Old Hag I’ll just huggle her oh,and ask for a gift(I hope the gift is 1mil chocolate chip cookies):smiley: