Top 5 most beautiful rock songs

1. Claptan - Tears in Heaven
  2. Queen - Somebody to Love
  3. Bowie - Life on Mars
  4. Doors - The Crystal Ship
  5. Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

So what do you guys think of my list? I have about 9 days worth of rock music, 237 hours on winamp… all of rock music, classic, alternative, metal… you name it i probably have it.

This is my list for most beautiful rock song… what do you think?

Pretty good–though I have to say I think I’ve only heard that Queen song and maybe the Clapton song.

My list would probably include:

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Dosed, Under the Bridge, Midnight, etc.
Guns 'N Roses- Patience, November Rain
Boston- More than a Feeling
Audioslave- Like a Stone
Aerosmith- Dream on
Pink Floyd: The Great Gig in the Sky

And a lot more… way too many great songs out there to list.

But either way, you seem to have a great taste in music.

Hmm the only song I could agree with on your list is November rain.

I would agree with the Great Gig and the Sky but the thing is the album The Darkside of the Moon is really just one big track. The company that sold the album broke it up for easier listening… I consider darkside of the moon one song.

If you own the CD make a copy but burn it and check the option “disk at once” Another thing I suggest is when you start it to pop in the Wizard of Oz… they both totally sync out and it’s sort of a mind ****

If I had to pick a Pink Floyd song to go on the list it would have to be Wish you were here.

Some notable mentions

Claptan - Wonderful Tonight
The Band - The Weight
Allman Brothers Band - Sweet Mellisa

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
A Perfect Circle - Orestes
Radiohead - Where I End and You Begin
Sigur Rós - Flugufrelsarinn
The Beatles - Something

These are just a few of quite a lot. I’m sure it varies from day to day, but I define “beautiful” as something different from just awesome. It’s too abstract for me to describe effectively. It’s just one of those “I know what I mean” things…

Comfortably Numb is a great song, my father tells me it’s about getting high on heroine. (just a little pin prick, and then comfortably numb… please).

Well Something is a good song but if I had to say which one of their songs are “beautiful” it would be Let it Be, there last song I’d guess.

Songs that have a true meaning I guess. Back in the day these rockstars didn’t sing just for the money, they did it becuase they had something to say.

Tears in Heaven, Clapton wrote this after his 8 year old son died, you could just feel the emotion in this song.
Somebody to Love, easily Freddie Mercury’s(see avatar) best vocal performance. And the lyrics are great too.
Life on Mars, Bowie is one of the best song writers ever, this song is proof
Crystal Ship, Jim Morrison was a poet not a song writer, his lyrics are all poetry and not so much a song, and this song is a perfect example of this, just listen to it.

Beautiful Rock songs

Metallica: Nothing else matters
Radiohead: How to disappear completely
Queen: Too much love will kill you and Who wants to live forever.
The Eagles: Peaceful Easy Feeling and Desperado (i’ve been both those places, and the second one ain’t nice!)

I agree with Pink Floyd and Wish you were here.

its impssible to make a list it all depends on how you are feeling.

i’ll have a go, but there really are too many

Dire Straits Brothers in arms/The mans too big
JJ Cale (or Clapton, cant decide which i like best) Cocaine
Audioslave Getaway Car
Bob Dylan Shelter from the storm (Is Dylan “rock”?)
Led Zeppelin Going to california

or something along those lines

Niall.

Yeah, another music thread. Hey, I am not complaining, I like them :wink:

So, I would agree on crystal ship, although strange days and a couple of other doors songs are also as good.
I think Muse should be in there too. Ok, it´s on MTV, but it´s definately beautiful. New born?
I love Eels and Cake, but neither of them seems to have this one beautiful song. Perhaps Eels - Guest List.
Then Jefferson Airplane, they are great and “go ask alice” is definately the best one.
The last one I can´t decide on, but since I don´t want to list another famous one I give it to The Feelies - The boy with the perpetual nervousness

It really is impossible, but nice to see what songs are considered as possibilities

1. Rush - Alien Shore
  2. Belle & Sebastian - Sleep Around The Clock
  3. Devin Townsend - Christeen
  4. Mercury Rev - Black Forest (Lorelei)
  5. Porcupine Tree - All Of The Rest Will Flow