the BIG LD FAQ

I’ve always wondered this…

If you listen to music in a LD, what will happen? Like, will the music be different?Would it change the environment? Will it wake you up?

Do you mean music from the real world?

Assuming you hear it, and it’s not loud enough to wake you up…
I dunno :wink:.

Dili Dali there’s a few current threads on that here and here.

K. Thanks, Xetrov

To be add in the FAQ:

“I’ve searched the forum for MILD, WILD, WBTB, but I’ve found nothing. Where can I find information about these techniques?”

Answer: LD4all home page, Lucidity Institute FAQ, Lucid Dreaming Wikibook.

You can control absolutely everything and anything, provided you are lucid enough.

A member here named Wolf has the ability to think several thoughts at once, enabling him to process more things in LD-s. (In my thinking…)

[color=red]some posts have been splitted and merged into the big WILD topic. This topic is to propose and discuss new articles in the LD FAQ, not to ask questions about techniques.[/color]

Some of those questions, I’d like to see answers too as well. I have looked at the homepage/site and read all that, but not all the information answers my questions which is why they might be asked again. but asked differantly, not exactly the same as you think they are asked. Becuase were asking for more information, not something we already know. I agree with Pasquele on the questions, that she suggested here. I think she should write some of them if she wants to. OOBE would be something I’d like to read about too, becuase I have no clue about them. From what I have read, it sounds like someone trying to brain wash me into doing something dangerouce to myself and so I don’t try to do OOBE’s just to be on the safe side. And some questions that were asked, I have been wandering about myself. When I posted a question on the msgboard forum, I simply said that any information would be great, hoping I get a full reply, but someone quoted only part of it, and she didn’t read through the whole board, knowing that, she wouldn’t have said what she said in her reply to my forum. It didn’t help at all even though I said nicely, thanks for the help. ON an aside note I now feel like I wasted my time asking for help. This was not Pasquale, this was some other member here and I wont say her/his name. I find it hard to find better advice when I get turned back to where I started from. Questions like
“Why can’t I fly? And why can’t I control certain things around me?” Are not exactly the same as questions like “Can I control everything? How do I gain Lucidity Control?” They are simply asking for more detail. I totally agree with Pasquale ,somewhere I believe I had seen her ask if she should add those questions and Iam voicing my opinion to that question. I agree that would be nice to know about.
I do find the information useful when your talking to a newbie who knows absolutly nothing. doesn’t even know the word LD means, but yeah more information about questions you asked about would be great.

good question! don’t know but just the other night i tried leaving the radio on, to see what would happen. didn’t actively try to LD, thought maybe i could find some lazier method of inducing LD :slight_smile:
anyway the music was pretty loud, but i had very good recall of the dream next morning but no memory of hearing music in my dreams. i DID wake up with a song in my head, but it’s impossible that i heard it from the radio. it was an indie rock song that this pop station would never have played.
other times i’ve heard songs in dreams and then woke up wondering if that song had just been playing for real. the answer (whenever it was possible to get an answer) was always no. it seems like, for me at least, ny ears totally shut off while dreaming, and i just hear my own made up stuff!

Question: This is getting extreamly annoying. I know it takes time, I have tried many different techniques to become Lucid such as WILD and MILD. I came really close with WILD but I got scared and for some reason my leg started to twitch…and I really don’t want to try WILD or MILD again.
So my question is, what is the eaist way to become Lucid or how can I become Lucid without using MILD or WILD.

Every time I try a WILD I can never see any hypnotic pattermns. I lay in bed for sometimes up to 45 minutes and cant see anything. I am following all of the steps needed like waking up 5-6 hours after i go to bed and ive even tried NILD on top of WILD but i can never see anything. Someone please help me :0

i admit i’m not experienced in this but it sounds to me like ur trying too hard. the point of WILD is to relax and clear your mind. thinking too much about it defeats the purpose, i think.

Hi,
Alexx, not everyone sees HP, or HH when WILD’ing. It just depends on the person. It can also change over time. The important thing about WILD is maintaing awareness while going to sleep. How to do that depends on what works for you. for some people counting works, others concentrat on music, or sounds, like a fan. If you do get HH, then most people say that you should not concentrat on it too much. That could also keep you from having an LD.
don

Hi, i just wanted to add something. Pasquale, you say try not to want LD very hard. Well, that doesn’t work for me. I get lucid dreams when i really get excited about them and want to have em very much. So, its different from person to person.
:wiske:

I was about to start a topic with this but I relized it was mor efit here;p :

In a Lucid Dream, how awake are you? Are you tired or wideawake and enerjetic? or something in between?

Sonic922: I am usually so excited (not so excited that I wake up fortunately) that I’m full of life and energy within my dream. And that feeling usually continues when I wake up :smile:

However, in normal dreams I’ve had about all states I think. Angry, tired, lively, sad, in love, frustrated, and whatnot more.

I went through a period before where I listened to headphones while sleeping. I listened to a CD that I made of affirmations. I left the CD player on repeat all night. When I became lucid, it sounded like this big booming voice was coming from the sky! It was so cool! And yes it was word for word, and I couldn’t stop hearing it in my dream. It was cool though because I felt free just walking around with these voices coming from nowhere!

After reading this, it reminds me of a Spongebob Squrepants ep were Spongebob Astral Projects, and then walks around his own town and then enters his friends dreams, in the end his friends all gang up on him… lol

It’s quite funny… Sorry if it’s off-topic.

Just thought I’d share it with you lot :happy:

I woke up a morning, remembered a dream, and wrote it down. I then had slept for 6 hours, but I wanted to sleep longer. I tried to get to sleep using MILD. When I began visualising the previous dream, my mind wandered a bit into the dream. I remembered something (about a woman with a beard) very vividly, but then I insulted her somehow - she pulled a knife from her pocket, and said: ‘huh, I didn’t have this knife before. this is a dream!’ 1st LD!!! :yay:
I ‘woke up’ in bed, did a RC, and discovered I was dreaming. I started spinning, but it was more like 3rd person: i didn’t feel like I was spinning. Then I jumped out of the window, but saw that everything was very grey and vague. Then I woke up.

Anyway - how can I clear things up?

Rubbing your hands increases Lucidity.

Is sleep paralysis having you able to move but for some reason really not wanting to? Or cant you move even if you wanted to?