Which music do you like the most?

YES OPETH. YOU ARE AWESOME Dawn’sDeath. i also have been love yngwie malmsteen. that mans music is brilliant.

Heh id have to say my favorite types of music would be classic rock and… thinks i dunno… instrumentals and… *SOME rap… icp when i want to laugh at really stupid things :tongue: and oingo boingo :happy:

I like a lot of music that starts with the letter “B”. e.g. Björk, Boards of Canada, The Beatles… :content:

I’ll listen to anything really (except for R&B, hip hop and pop) but mostly it’s rock and metal. Favorite bands include: System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Ozzy Osbourne, Audioslave, Disturbed, Greenday, The Ramones, Muse, Cranberries, Smashing Pumpkins, REM, Nirvana, Fear Factory and many more.

I love music, couldn’t live without it. :smile:

Dream on. // Olesia

Mostly classic rock and jazz, but some new work as well:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Portishead
The Doors
Depeche Mode
Miles Davis
U2
Willie Nelson
Eric Clapton (et al.)
Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley

Cool guys !
Avesome !

Rock n` roll all the way .
And metal too !

Hard n`Heavy ! :wink:

Tangerine Dream, Steve Hillage, Caravan, BOC, Hawkwind, Zappa, Jethro Tull, Rush, Yes etc etc

“Then everyone says, you like prog, you must like ELP?”

I don’t remotely like ELP.

you know what i always find this to be the most difficult question to answer. I’m after talent, people that can play their instruments and blow my mind or give me orgasms, which ever comes first.
I’ve heard a LOT of extremely talented musicians from a wide variety of music. Each genre of music has its prime musicians and something different and unique to offer.

I’m mostly into rock music, all kinds. There is nothing like a solo or harmonious clash of instruments. oh you want to talk about clash, classical takes the cake. you got 40+ EXPERT players performing pieces that were written centuries ago. oh its just to die for.

I guess if i really had to pick just one… ohh… its just too hard. Definately rock music tho. Acid, punk, classic, even grunge isn’t that bad, jam. its allllll gravy baby.

Mazzy star “look on down from the bridge”

Heres another cool one

Hope Sandoval “Down the steps” Mazzy star is one of my bands

Anyone ever heard of Dream Theater? They are undoubtedly my favourite band. Progressive style metal that is very versatile. All absolute masters of their instruments.

Im really into metal (In Flames, pantera, arch enemy etc), progressive (porcupine tree, the mars volta etc), rock (Velvet revolver being my fave in rock) and some shred.

Hm. That would be a thogh question to answer.

I certainly like jazz a lot. Anything from Ella to the Dave Brubeck Quartet—Time Out is certanly among my favourite masterpieces, and if you know musical theory, you gotta love it.

I also enjoy electronica, especially trance. I like the way the beat generation developed into a culture which tries to find the perfect silence, and builds the silence within that body–possessing mixture of beats, noises and harmonicas. The cohesion and the randomness—by the way, do notice that these two features also show in jazz. I feel like my inside is being turned into one of Pollock’s dripping paintings.

But electronica is, unfortunately, too exagerated at times. So I like it when they make a trance remix of something a little bit more structured, like classical music—another musical passion of mine. Right now, I’m listening to a piece of music called “Finished Symphony” (Hybrid @ Wide angle). Liesten to it. That’s what I’m talking about.

I also enjoy quality brit rock and brit pop, like Gorillaz, which refreshed and reinvented some features of pop music, and good old progressive rock—especially the Dark Side of the Moon, probably my favourite piece of art.

Another CD I like very much is Astronauta Olvidado, from an underground indie prog rock band from Argentina called Bauer. (Try reading that last phase out loud.)

When I’m feeling ecletic, I listen to MPB (Brazillian Pop Music) and good old rock (Rolling Stones, baby :cool: ).

And that’s basically it. I like songs rather than genres, but I think I made my point as to my musical taste: improvisation, the presence of silence as a musical element, stong beats, a coherent composition rather than a lot of dancing noises… You know, goooooood music. :cool:

My passion is power metal(Blind Guardian, battlelore, rhapsody). But I also like a lot Era/Eric levi and Enya :smile:
Some pop music never hurts, though.

Gackt anyone? L’Arc~en~Ciel? Asian Kung-Fu Generation? Ayu?

well, I’m the only one into Jpop/Jrock I guess

I listen to lots of metal, form thrash, death, and some black.
I also like 70’s hard rock, and barouqe.

:roll: Where do I start? Me and The Clan, together, like all music–whatever it is; Makaze likes mostly rap or hip hop and rock music, Jin can get into old school rap and anything from the '90s, Kazi is into anything hardcore or underground (hardcore rap, black metal, etc.), Kanji is into all kinds of music from both sides of the spectrum–from classical to hip hop. As for me, I like the old school hip hop, techno, smooth jazz, rock, and even some hardcore rap.

This is just a general overview, however–I’ll probably be more specific if I post later in the future (because we listen to music from all across the globe…)

If we all had to choose just one, it’d be the same for each of us–J-Rap (‘J’ for Japanese, just to those of you who don’t know :wink:)!

Nujabes, more specifically…

I mostly listen to rock, metal, and techno. A large amount of the subgenres included. Everything from goth to synthpop, and viking metal to ska.
Right now, my favorite bands are:
Symphony X
Dream Theatre
Reel Big Fish
GoldFinger
Presidents of the United States of America
Moonsorrow
Moonspell
Voltaire
the Dresden Dolls
The Rasmus
Nightwish
Freezepop

Yeah…I could go on for hours…^^;

I like mostly calm music, and It has to bring forth certain feelings within me ^^
Like:
Enya
Loreena Mckennit
Tori Amos
Kate Bush
Andrew Lloyd Webber Music (Love that guy, Brilliant ^^ Phantom of the opera is current fave^^)
Musical music ( =_O)
Era
Engima
Nightwish
Miyavi
Anime Music
FF og KH OSTs

and so ooon ^^…that was about my fave bands though =_O

I like rock, metal, punk, some black metal, and a bit of death metal. HATE rap. My 3 favourite bands are Powerman 5000, Flogging Molly, and Drowning Pool.

The music I like the most ? Hard question ! But I would say Irish music ! Traditional, but new music too, like Sarah McLachlan, Cara Dillon, Damien Rice, the great U2, The Cranberries
I also like Lady Isadora (“the swan song” is very beautiful!) Sigur Ros just before dreaming, the Aerosmith’s song “I don’t wanna miss a thing”, Heather Nova, the strange Tori Amos, Anggun, and many more, the list is too long !!
It’s hard to choose which one I like the most, I’m a music addict ! :tongue:

Hmmmm… I like punk, metal, hard rock (?) and reggae a bit. My favourite bands : System of a Down, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, Disturbed (!), The Offspring and Korn. Yeah