Ginkgo Biloba for increased lucidity of dreams +++

Ok I’ll report back on any results. Btw, how often do you get lucid?

Over the past 5 years I lost count after I got to 186. It was 2 to 3 a month before I started using Gingko and now that I am using it (for only a month and 1/2) I’ve been having LD’s an average of twice a week. I don’t guaruntee these kind of results for everyone because I’ve always been a natural Lucid Dreamer. I’ve never had to try to have one and when I WAS trying to have them, (using the WILD technique foir example) I wouldn’t have any. My advice to anyone is just to let them come naturally. Anyone who tries to force an LD to happen with constant overuse of techiniques is probably just setting themselves up for a dissapointment. If you have an active interest instead of an obsession and enjoy and respect your Lucid Dreams when they come then you’ve done enough to be one your way to the next one.

And absolutley, Gingko helps too. :content:

Been taking ginkgo biloba for 3 days now, I’ve had one lucid dream in that time.

Just now I took a 160mg dose, and I could actually feel the increase bloodflow in my head, is this normal? It’s almost like I’m the opposite of being stoned right now.

Just started taking Ginkgo Biloba tablets yesterday, I sure hope these help! (Also practicing WBTB now, I’m bound to have results soon).

The bottle I bought from the supermarket is called Ginkgo Biloba 2000. And, as the name suggests, each tablets contains 2000mg of Ginkgo. I’m glad you can’t overdose on this, as the bottle recommends that adults take three tablets daily, that’s 6000mg!! (or 6g)

Actually, it’s 2000mg of the leaf, which probably contains about 40mg of a standardized extract, read the fine print on the bottle. A real 2000mg dose would probably send ya right to the sh*tter :bored:

Right you are. I did read the fine print, but it’s not made all that clear (until you pointed this out). It’s 2000mg of dried leaf, 10.68mg of ginkgo flavonglycosides and 2.68mg of of ginkgolides and bilobalide.
It’s kinda expensive at $12 (AUD) a bottle for 50 tablets, especially if you are supposed to take at least 3 a day (and that doesn’t even come close to the amount that you recommend). I suppose I’m gonna have to look into that tincture form, especially if I want noticable results.

has anyone tried a ginko tea. I’ve seen one by Yogi Tea. Also, to the original author, when do you take the dosage (morning/night). I think this will be interesting to see if ginko can help me LD, as i’ve been trying for some time with minimal luck.

I have used ginkgo. :cool: I didn’t notice any difference in dreams, but i fell asleep a lot faster, because i didn’t have to wait half an hour for my feet to heat up! It is supposed to enhance memory though, so it could be worth a try.

Hey Julie, whuddup Girl?

Biloba huh, that sounds cool. I never got into a normal habit of taking that stuff for more than a week. There is some in the house and i’m about to sleep, so i’ll go have it. :smile:
I’ve never been completely lucid before but my dream recall is very high (like 80%).
I’ll report back.

thanks for the tip! you’re helpful!
peace out yall

I took 2 capsules 1 hour before bed and i didn’t notice any differece in recall or experience, shame. I will have to persue this ginkgo treatment and maybe i will start to notice results in a week or 2.

I’ve been taking Ginko for 4 days now. Last night I had my first real LD ever. (a few times i’ve been close but not quite there) I’m not sure if it was the Ginko that got me lucid or other factors, but i’m sure it didn’t hurt. thank you to the person who suggested trying this.

Hi Enki’s Circus,
what was it like your first LD and what were the other factors you tried, also is the Ginko any good.

:smile:

my first LD: I’m walking and I see my elementary school and I realize this must be a dream so I begin to ‘hover’. People keep trying to grab me but can’t reach. I’m having a great time shooting fireballs at people and laughing…

thats about it, it wasn’t very long, but definately a cool experience. one other factor I feel helped me was the post about saying “I AM in a lucid dream” instead of “I will be, I want to etc”.

I’m not saying the Ginkgo Biloba was the only reason I had an LD, I do feel it was a very important factor though. we will see, last night I wasn’t lucid but had very good recall and dreams were some of the more vivid i’ve ever had.

I just bought Ginkgo Biloba extract on the weekend, damn expensive stuff at $100 (AUD) for 500mls, though this should last a good three months. A word of caution to anyone thinking of buying Ginkgo in a tincture or liquid extract: It tastes like poision! Ick!! :razz:

The good Gingko is very expensive. In capsule form, upwards of forty; the tincture is much more expensive.

However, it does work. And it works well. I’ve been taking Gingko for several months now, along with Gotu Kola and Ginseng. Give it time, and I think you shall be satisfied.

By the way, it doesn’t really matter when you take Gingko as long as you take it regularly. That’s what I’ve found at least.

I would agree with most of post here that ginkgo has effect. In Ayurveda (Vedic medicine) it is said that ginkgo has good effect on recalling dreams. And my experience can confirm that. I use it last month (together with red ginseng) just one caplets (2000 mg of leaf) daily (right before going to sleep) and I can remember 2-3-4 different dreams. For now I do not see that it directly improve LD however it is useful if intention for LD is strong, I mean it can help in LD indirectly.

That could explain a fair bit for me, I’ve been taking gingko daily for a few years now

I wouldn’t say GB has no side-effects. I get severe headaches from it. Actually any substance that dialates the blood vessels, particularly in the head, trigger headaches.

Just counteract with a huge mug of coffee, you’ll be right :tongue:
I used this stuff for the past month, the strongest form I could find. I found no noticable effect on dreams, memory, lucidity, concentration or the colour of my goldfish. Actually that’s not entirely true… I don’t have a goldfish.
Guess it doesn’t work as well for everyone.

I found that when I started to take GB some years ago my dream activity seemed to diminish so I read up a little about the herb. I discoved that GB has been shown to promote stronger alpha and beta brain waves patterns…the ones that are associated with daytime wakefullness. So I stopped taking it and my dream abilities returned. But then again I often go through cycles of different levels of DR and LDing ability so I suppose it doesn’t really prove anything. Still, it wonder if it might be better to concentrate on things that will increase theta, delta, and rem to aid with LDs.