What does being 'in love' feel like?

me: 18
her: 15

doing our best to make it work, to keep it going, to last forever and always.

Love is a lie… You cannot trust it, it turns you against your friends, it will crush you, it gives you a false feeling of satisfaction… Ergo: a lie.

a lie? (scoffs a laugh). Love a lie? What the hell?

Let’s scrutinize this little retort of yours…shall we?

1. Turns you against your friends: This is untrue. It may turn you against those who don’t accept who you are with, or who you love, but how can you call someone a friend, if they’re aren’t willing to accept you for who you love? They are truly not your friend, and thus you should have the right to lose them.

2. It will crush you: Only if you allow it to. It doesn’t even do it on purpose. I can honestly say I have had my heart crushed almost to the point of total destruction. But, in my sadness, came a gift. I found HER. The one true love. Things had to go the way they did with the other girls, or else I would have never found the one I am with. Love will occur when you least expect it. I didn’t expect this at all, it just happened. She just happened to sign onto yahoo one night, and I got the idea to ask her out. She accepted it, and today we are celebrating our three month anniversary. What’s cool is that when our 6 month anniversary comes, it will be on February 14th a.k.a. Valentines Day. The day me and Brianna began going out was August 14th, 2005. So thus, on February 14th 2006, it will be our 6 month anniversary. What are the odds of that? Having a 6-month anniversary on the day of love? Fate is definitely a factor in that one. :wink: We even plan on getting married on August 14th 2009. Getting engaged on September 25th 2008 (Her 18th B-Day :happy: ), getting married August 14th 2009. :smile:

3. Gives you a false sense of Satisfaction: I can honestly say that this feeling of Satisfaction or whatever this is, is not a false one. It is a more truer (if there is such a word) feeling than any I have ever experienced. Never have I felt so complete than when I am with Brianna, my angel, my love.

Think about those before you make these outragious accusations. You’re probably posting this because you just lost someone you loved, and now you believe things are horrible. Exactly how I felt. Nature is taking its course. Dont disrupt it. Let it do it’s job. You will find someone. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

After several years of solitude, believing in love is quite bloody hard. I believe it\s merely a reproduction instinct where each person seeks out the most suitable gene pool for their future child.

Only to ruin the child by arguing all the time and blaming something they call “love”.

I admit, sometimes, two people could achieve a certain point of fondness for eachother that bonds them until “death do them apart”. But that is not for most people.

And by turning friends against one, I mean developing feelings for friends. This is VERY dangerous. Most of the times, there are three alternatives:

The friend reacts with disgust and one is pushed away, and every meeting between the friends from that point on is doomed with a embarassing silence…

The friend does not have such feeling for one.
or (my favourite)
the friends are so surprised by hearing of this crush, they do not know how to respond. Later, these friends are discover they DO like one in such a way, but are too late.

You mix marriage with love a bit Vincent.Love sometimes burns out in one or in two people,this is one of the reasons marriages fail.
It is of course great thing if it lasts “till death do us apart”.But sometimes it dissapears after some time because we discover its not what we`ve been looking for or just because all changes.Its still love though.

Sometimes looking too hard for love can be a bad thing. I had a friend who, in every relationship he was in, was always fretting about whether or not they were the right one for him, whereas he should have just chilled out a bit and had some fun, let it go wherever it goes.

If love happens, let it happen, don’t stop it, but if you don’t have it, and you’re happy without it, why go in search of it?

ooh I so agree ^^
Love is a feeling, just like sadness, happyness, fear and so on. If it apears, let it be. Love can stay forever, or love can go away. I am pretty sure you cant spend your whole life with one person and say with you hand on your heart that you have never lost you love for that person, maybe just for some minuts, but still, thats normal ^^
I quote “Love is a many splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love” start singing Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge

‘The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return’

That’s all i have to say. There’s nothing better than looking in someone’s eyes and knowing they love you with the same intensity as you love them.
I love my love…

^agrees with IrishCream

Bein “in luv” feels… :roll: hot-n-heavy with a nice blend of smooth silkiness if u have silk sheets…or suspenseful and satisfyin if it’s n public… :eh: …no…no, wait–that’s sumthin else… :neutral:

Bein “in luv” feels funny–in short, it’s like u can soar thru tha clouds and take over tha world…4 me at least… :wink:

same here lol :smile:

Hmm, I really hope to have that someday. I’m a freak, so it’ll take one patient person to be with me. :content:

I do experience physical feeling when I’m near one I love. Something shivery in my chest. I see the person differently, the hair, the eyes. I also seem to think faster and clearer when I’m near that person, though I don’t know of many people who experience that (most will just get dizzy or dizzier near someone they love).

Also, I catch myself planning my live with that person, and handle these thoughts increadibly well.

I don’t know how to describe, most of falling in love for me is about parallel feelings, knowingness, feelings inside me, I don’t know how to describe them. Also, I do not necessarily fall in love and feel physically attracted to one same person, but it did happen once (remember I’m 16 and hadn’t been in love many times).

Love is so hard to perfectly describe. Everyone has many different experiences of love. I for one have been in love, it makes me the happiest person in the world yet at the same time it can make you feel so low. Its like a strange gut feeling that just appears. It can confuse you and can cause you to make some wrong choices, but after you have felt love you dont want to forget it as it is such an amazing feeling, no matter how much pain it causes you.

And you do not have to be “In love” to feel love.

"love’ seems so hard to put into words. But when you feel it, everything suddenly makes sense. i wrote a couple poems in my ‘lucidity poem thread’ to make a little more sense outta love :yes: ‘love’ i still feel naive saying that :tongue: .

Love is…
love is wanting to be with someone
thinking about them before you go to sleep
And having them on your mind when you first wake up
Love is
Feeling like you can soar and fly
Just from being around a certain someone
And yet you can’t describe
Why you feel this way…
Love is something that breaks your heart
But then puts it together when a new face makes your dreams take flight
Love is…

[color=darkorchid][b]Didn’t you /make/ this topic? xDD

To me…love just plain hurts.

It feels exactly the same as a crush…but with added hurt. It feels like you’re being squished from the inside…like you’re going to explode…and it makes you feel so miserable it’s unbelievable.

But…I guess that’s just becaause of what happened…because I really didn’t realise I loved him until…well…four years after I started liking him.

So I guess love, really, to me, is just a crush that doesn’t go away for years and years and years…[/b][/color]

well yeah… :tongue: . But I’ve kinda realized what love means to me :grin:

What does love feel like? :confused:

:eh:…Complicated…:neutral:

Love is the greatest feeling in the world, or the worst.
It depends on whether the person (or thing) you love, loves you back.

Its interesting, God’s greatest gift to us, he didn’t actually give to us. Love is one thing that is completely out of his control. Which saddens me if I love someone who doesn’t love me back, because there is nothing anyone, not even God can do about it.

And then I wonder still, why must love come around if its not meant for you. It taunts those who do not receive it.

Yet love prevails it seems. It is almost like an entity on its own, striking whom it wishes. Does Love really come from a good place then? Or is it a nuetral part of the universe.

I can understand Love being completely good and everything it does for us, but I still can’t understand how it can drive people crazy and bring pain and grief, unless it really is nuetral.

I believe in true love, the most powerful kind you can have, the one the never dies, the one that says when you have true love for someone that person must also possess true love for you because the both of you are like matching puzzle pieces. The thing that scares me is what if your true love can be blocked. What if my true love isn’t aware of it yet because they are blinded by another love or lust.

There are more than just me out there who are asking this same question, “Why can’t love just be easy? Why can’t there be a set true love for everyone and we get matched up with our true love right when the time is right so there is no waiting, searching, praying and yerning for it?”

Like I said garebear–complicated…:eh: