Maybe I can help you.

It’s taken me two years of hard work, but I can now become lucid
every time I make the effort. What works for me may not work for you but I’ll help you if I can…

Well, of course we want to know what your technique is!!

OK, my technique firstly involves the wake/back to bed method.
To anyone who wants to seriously learn lucid dreaming I believe this is the most important method. If you don’t use this method you’ll never become a regular lucid dreamer. It’s crucial in my opinion.
My method is born out of a long experience of trial and error, and I believe this may work for most people if applied correctly over a period of time.

I use certain substances/supplements as a catalyst to lucidity. They work amazingly well but will not be suitable for everyone.
I’d also advise against using them every night as you may develop a tolerance to them. Every other night works for me.

So here’s the method:

Before bed:
take 3mg melatonin
130 mg DMAE (optional)
50mg 5htp
vitamin B complex

Set an alarm to wake you after 4-5 hours sleep. When the alarm wakes you you must get up. You’ll feel desperately tired at this point but if you don’t get out of bed you’ll just go back to sleep so this is where the discipline comes in. If you want lucid dreaming badly enough you will get used to this routine - believe me it’s worth it.
Go to the bathroom, have a drink and go back to bed.
Sit up in bed for a while and re-live the dreams you were having before you woke.
This is where I take a nicotine lozenge. It takes 20 minutes to dissolve and gives extra stimulus. It keeps you alert and can help you to WILD, but it’s optional of course.
Now your intention is everything. You need to relax completely and watch yourself into a dream. Pay attention to the imagery and let it come and go. Consider a scenario, something you would like to do in a dream and play it through in your mind over and over. Keep the seed of consciousness alive in your mind, “I’m watching this but I’m still awake”.Concentrate hard on staying alert yet watch the images.
Feel lucidity as something which will happen soon. Tell yourself you will carry your awareness into your next dream and believe it. Expect to become lucid. Know you will become lucid. Spend an hour or two in this state of expectancy. Lucidity should feel like a balloon full of water hanging over your head. You know someone is going to pop the balloon soon, you just don’t know quite when. This keeps your attention focussed and you will find yourself aware as soon as you cross into the dream state.

Intention/expectancy plus waking in the night and these supplements will make you lucid. Persevere with it -it works.

Thanks for the tips Nickspry, I really do need to practice WBTB as I haven’t even given this a go as yet. I have heard that it’s quite successfull, it just takes the willpower (and the schedule) to be able to awaken so early in the morning. I might actually try this tonight, I’ve been putting it off for too long.

this is a level of mastery that can be accomplished with any technique, not juts wbtb.
its done by devotion, practice and willpower.

given enough practice the IHMOOTTLDT (saying ima have me one of them thar lucid dream thingies once every night before going to sleep) technique will even achieve these results with the willpower and devotion.

not everyones techniques will work for everybody else, i cannot for the life of me get mild to work for me, others cannot get wild, for a long while i couldnt get wbtb, as i am sure others wouldnt be able to adopt that imparticular technique either.
it is all a matter of personal preference, expirience, and how our brains react to the different stimuli of the different techniques.
given devotion, virtually any technique will accomplish this.
nickspry is in a stage of mastery, and many of us are in the novice stages of dreaming,
while it would be great to learn music on the piano from mozart, we must first learn the fundamentals and chords that make the music.
everybodys master techniques will be different. one persons holy grail will not necisarrily be anothers, so if you have something that is working for you - stick with it. given time and devotion, you will become a master of your own technique which will be as unique as you are.
not my technique, not nicksprys technique, not even laberge’s techniqe - your technique.

X

I might make banging my head against a brick wall my technique, it sure would be my very own!

not fair snape!
i had a whole book waiting to be published on the BMHAABWILD technique.

punk! :tongue:

its mine! get your own :tongue:

As if! I copyright my technique right here and now. :tongue:
Blasted Disgrace, I knew somebody would try to plaguarise my idea. :wallhit: I think it’s working, I can see hypnagogic hallucinations already!

hehe, well said infamy. I agree with you nickspry in that WBTB is probably the easiest path to take into the world of Lucid Dreaming. My first WBTB gave me lucid results, and it has also worked well for several of my friends.

I couldn’t do without you WBTB! much love

Some of the points that Indecoro made were right I think, there is no one method which is right for everyone. Daytime reality checks for instance have never worked for me despite several years of effort.
Having said that, I don’t really condider that wake/back to bed is really a method as such. I see it as more of a catalyst to the other methods. Waking for a while after REM sleep greatly enhances methods such as MILD or WILD, simply because when you next fall asleep you will be straight back into dream sleep which makes it much more likely that you will carry your intentions into the dream. When you first go to sleep at night this is not the case. You first go through a non-dreaming phase of sleep and then a short period of REM (dreaming sleep). These periods of REM sleep get longer throughout the night and after four to six hours of sleep your REM sleep has become long and itense. If you wake even briefly at this point or for an hour or more, you can be sure that you will go straight back into deep dream sleep. This is why intention works like magic at this point whether you are using MILD or WILD.
So to cut it short, waking during the night will greatly improve your lucid dreaming.

Couldn’t have said it better myself Nickspry, I completely agree!

nickspry, your technique is so much pills-assisted that I really wonder whether it wouldn’t be best located in the Shortcuts forum… :tongue:

Yeah fair comment basillus,
I was just giving my own technique, but the pills are optional of course. The pills are a catalyst for me and something I hope to lose over time, the method would still work well without them ( just not quite as well). Try the method - it won’t do you any harm if it’s an occasional thing. It really works wonders I promise you.

If it takes pills, I’ll stick to my methods, thanks. :razz:

Fair enough,
Pills are not for everyone of course. Some people are prepared to push the envelope, and some want to just develop their natural abillity. But what if a pill was developed which would give you lucid dreams at no risk to your health (after lengthy testing say).
Would you take it? And if not, why not?
It would have been developed with the help of those who are prepared to try new substances, at their own personal risk.